Help with ec levels?

Scaramanga66

Hi guys,

I've been growing for around 4 years and have used various products and feeding schedules with good results. I grow in coco and have pretty much followed the charts with not to many problems. I've read a lot about the grow charts telling you to use more nutes than required and in turn you buy more of there products!
Is there any experienced growers that could share the ec levels they stick to through the whole cycle?

Cheers guys :thanks::rollit::420:

I do not test for electrical conductivity. From what I have read your soil will read proper if it is properly fertilized/treated/amended

I made this snip from here

The why and how to testing the Electrical Conductivity of Soils

snip--

it is difficult to say what your ideal EC levels will be because there are so many variables affecting the EC level that it almost depends on your individual conditions which if you analyze over time, will give you a meaningful set of data based on the performance of your crops and the changes you have made to your fertility program.

As a general guideline however, a good soil EC level will be somewhere above 200 µS/cm and 1200 µS/cm (1.2 MS/cm). Any soils below 200 means there is not enough nutrients available to the plant and could perhaps show a sterile soil with little microbial activity. An EC above 1200 µS/cm may indicate too much high salt fertilizer or perhaps a salinity problem from lack of drainage so keeping your EC within this range. Also watch to see how EC changes over the growing season, you may see it increase as microbes are releasing more nutrients from the soil or you may see a decrease as your crops use up all the available nutrients. Either way you can fertilize accordingly.

end snip--

hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom