Help with Exodus Cheese please (first timer)

StallionStu

So recently (90 days ago??) I started my exodus cheese grow .. Soil grown, 600w fan filtered light, 10 litre pots, switched to flower when they were 16inches tall, nutrients are cocoa A & B, canazym, rhizotonic, and ok boost all from local grow shop following advice from the guy who works there who I've known for some years.

I don't have a microscope to check unfortunately, but I thought they would be due for flush and harvest before now (90days) .. I'm new to all this so maybe I'm wrong and they need longer, their around 5 foot tall now and there is bud on all plants .. Yet 1 of the plants has decided to lean over (around a week ago), the hairs have turned brown on every bud on the leaning plant and also stArted to turn brown in the other 2 plants in the front ... Yet the 3 plants at the back still 'look' like their flourishing (judging by the white hairs), it just feels like something is wrong and I was hoping I could get your helpful opinions.. Really hope they don't go tits up

I can post pictures if needed but I am so new I have no idea how to upload pictures to here haha I bet ŷou people hate dealing with idiots like myself haaa - I feed them all equally, 2 litres eAch (1&1/2 on top and half from the tray below) - I guess I need a lot of help because I'm not sure if I should ready them for harvest right now or leave them few more weeks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks you

(Please remember I'm a newb so no abbreviations because i wont understand them hahaha)

What is fan filtered light?

just get a hand held microscope I got this for 4$ off ebay, batteries for the led light included.

DSCN8065.JPG
DSCN8069.JPG
DSCN8066.JPG

I'm not too sure of the correct term for the light but it has the bulb inside and enclosure and air passes throught it - mainings the temp in the tent really well.. My friend said by now the leaves are supposed to be 'plastered' in THC but there isn't much on them... Is that normally will THC form in the flushing stage ? I don't really want to cut them down too early but 91 days for exodus cheese is plenty enough isn't it??

that kind of light is called a cool tube.

when you say 91 days do you mean its been in flower 91 days? Because the veg time does not matter (for the most part), when it comes to flowering time.

91 days veg and flower - cool tube - nice cheers mate, do you recommend the cool tube? Also I've had a fan in them a great % of the time to strengthen the branches but so many of the branches are just flopped over .. Maybe next grow I should use cages

well from what i read ex cheese is supposed to be a 8 or 9 weeker. that means its ready in like 56-63ish days maybe slightly longer if not grown too well.

cages are good, easy to use and cheap. The only air that i found really strengthens plants is heavy 30-80mph winds outdoors. Little indoor fans are mostly just to keep air from being stagnant (which contributes to mold)

Just start flushing now and harvest when the triches are like 20-30% amber imo.

Thanks mate - you've been awesome help - I've been pulling my f***ing hair out wondering what to do- thanks though mate.... And people say we have dying society... Maybe they need a spliff hahahaha

The microscope.. Is it to look at the THC? I'm not sure the technical term for it or is the pictures you sent me not of the microscope looking at THC? Cheers

Also 1 of the 6 plants is leaning and semi rejecting the feed - I let them go dry before I flushed but the 'leaner' is still dark soil (damp) after 5 days .. The very top bud on the leaner is dry to the point it wont be smokable but the other buds are ok, thr leaves arnt crispy and dead either so it cant be completely rejecting the feed/water can it?? Any suggestions what to do with that plant mate?

The first pic you can sorta see the pocket microscope. All I am doing is putting it up to the buds then placing my digital camera up to it for ultra closeup pics.

All you need to see the trichcomes up close though is the digital microscope. I have many, but my favorite is one of the cheapest ones lol. Its called a 45X pocket scope. Only 2 bucks on ebay

Microscope Magnifier Magnifying Glass 45X Mini Pocket MG10081-4 T7 on eBay!

ok see all those little mushroom looking white things on the closeups. Those are the trichcomes aka crystals.

like 90% of the THC is in those trichomes, a very small bit is in other parts of the plant.

When they are young the trichomes are clear in color, when they are more white or "cloudy" they are mature, then if they go orange or amber colored they are beyond maturity and are getting old.

Usually most of us like to harvest when the trichs are about 10-30% because at this time nearly none are clear and the majority will be cloudy. Cloudy is what nearly everyone likes. However some prefer clear some even like amber trichs.

Personally I go for like 15-35% amber as it allows the bud to get to a large size and the high is of a nice mature trich.

Haha can you tell I'm a fucking newb haha - cheers though mate - I am trying to take it all in, if I learn how to post pictures on here I'll post some in a few weeks before they go for curing - cheers

HI
I am doing the exodus cheese, i have 12 these seem to be very slow coming in to flower. lots of small bud all over.can you post some photos of your. and let me know how many oz you get when you cut them down. A friend of mine had 12 and got 39oz but was only using 6.5L pots i have 10L pots like you. and what is your room temp.

thanks

Back
Top Bottom