Help with LED choice

mackdaddyerb

Hello

I am setting up a 2'x2'x4.5' tent grow soon and wondered if anyone would chime in on decent LEDs

I was originally gonna go for the MARS ll Hydro 400w (still might) but heard a few crap things on this forum

What do you think to these 3:

King plus 600w (too big for my tent?)
51ub2hGT7nL._SY300_.jpg

Viparspectra 450w
71m0mkQKXmL._SY355_.jpg

Mars ll hydro 400w
mars-ii-400w-2_4.png

Any others you can suggest?

Cheers

I'm running only a single mars 300w which covers a whole 3x3 area and is doing great with flowering right now so If you don't have a lot of $ I would recommend getting 1 300w or a 600w if you have less than 150

The only thing to fear is bad weed

I have a Mars Hydro 600 in my 2x2 grow tent and it's more than enough! I have a C4 auto growing right now and it's almost reaching the limit of the tent (even with some serious lst going). I guess I'd go with the viparspectra.

Id like to check that out man, have you got a journal on it?
How tall is your tent? And Why the viparspectra bro above the others? :)

I'm running only a single mars 300w which covers a whole 3x3 area and is doing great with flowering right now so If you don't have a lot of $ I would recommend getting 1 300w or a 600w if you have less than 150

Thanks man.

Are you growing autos? how far in are you?

haha, too right

Mars hydro have done some exceptionally good grows. Wish i had one. One day !!!

a friend in need is a friend in deed!!! a friend with weed is better!!

Ive heard mixed, but a lot of good so I'm still keen on the 400 :)
Mainly wondering if the other two are of better quality/spectrum

Thanks man.

Are you growing autos? how far in are you?

haha, too right
I'm 14 days into flowering I'm growing 1 auto and 1 regular I forced the auto into flowering though because I thought the big girl would be a male and I wanted to produce seeds
420-magazine-mobile442655758.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1006615349.jpg
420-magazine-mobile142133356.jpg

The auto is a lot smaller
420-magazine-mobile1458632104.jpg

Hello

I am setting up a 2'x2'x4.5' tent grow soon and wondered if anyone would chime in on decent LEDs

I was originally gonna go for the MARS ll Hydro 400w (still might) but heard a few crap things on this forum

What do you think to these 3
Want your light growing for many years? Go for white light, not blurple. Trust me. . . Switched from one of the brands you mentioned because parts of it broke after only 3 grows and i am amazed . not only the plants grow alot better, another big plus is that you see how the plants really look like and not have to take them out or examine them with a flashlight causing any stress when look out for deficiencies or pests.

For veg and bloom 4000K is fine. Or 5000K for veg and 3000K for bloom would be ideal too.

White COBs from the big brands put out more light within the PAR range per Watt then any Old Tech LED Panel.

Just tell me if you want more information. I dont want to sell stuff but i like people grow efficient without the need of buying a new light every time the warranty runs out

Remember a lot of people showing their panels are using them for the first time and some of the big toobers get them for free ;] but if you see a panel perform over a couple of years without rising heat and suffering yields, give it a try.

Want your light growing for many years? Go for white light, not blurple. Trust me. . . Switched from one of the brands you mentioned because parts of it broke after only 3 grows and i am amazed . not only the plants grow alot better, another big plus is that you see how the plants really look like and not have to take them out or examine them with a flashlight causing any stress when look out for deficiencies or pests.

For veg and bloom 4000K is fine. Or 5000K for veg and 3000K for bloom would be ideal too.

White COBs from the big brands put out more light within the PAR range per Watt then any Old Tech LED Panel.

Just tell me if you want more information. I dont want to sell stuff but i like people grow efficient without the need of buying a new light every time the warranty runs out

Remember a lot of people showing their panels are using them for the first time and some of the big toobers get them for free ;] but if you see a panel perform over a couple of years without rising heat and suffering yields, give it a try.

Hey man, thanks for you response

I definitely would like to hear more so please shoot me any info. What exactly is COB? Can you suggest a particular light? or is COB a diy job?

Thanks man

I'm 14 days into flowering I'm growing 1 auto and 1 regular I forced the auto into flowering though because I thought the big girl would be a male and I wanted to produce seeds
420-magazine-mobile442655758.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1006615349.jpg
420-magazine-mobile142133356.jpg

The auto is a lot smaller
420-magazine-mobile1458632104.jpg

Looking great man. Looks like that 300w is all you (and probably I) need!
What tent you using mate?
im thinking of getting a Secret Jardin DS60 3.0 60x60x140, should be plenty for my needs

Id like to check that out man, have you got a journal on it?
How tall is your tent? And Why the viparspectra bro above the others? :)

Hi Mackdaddy! Yea, I have a grow journal going right now...the link is below in my signature. I got the Mars Hydro at about week 3, so you could say the whole grow has been under the LED. The 2x2 tent I have is about 63" high and I need at least 8" clearance at the top for the exhaust fan and duct and that gives me the furthest height the light can be from the plants. Luckily I'm growing autos, so they generally don't get as tall as photos.

As for why the viparspectra, I would have gotten that instead of the Mars because I like the separate veg/bloom switches the viparspectra has and the mars doesn't. The mars was more affordable though, so I went with that.

:thumb:

Hi Mackdaddy! Yea, I have a grow journal going right now...the link is below in my signature. I got the Mars Hydro at about week 3, so you could say the whole grow has been under the LED. The 2x2 tent I have is about 63" high and I need at least 8" clearance at the top for the exhaust fan and duct and that gives me the furthest height the light can be from the plants. Luckily I'm growing autos, so they generally don't get as tall as photos.

As for why the viparspectra, I would have gotten that instead of the Mars because I like the separate veg/bloom switches the viparspectra has and the mars doesn't. The mars was more affordable though, so I went with that.

:thumb:

Hi dude

gonna check out your journal right now! seems like you got a very similar setup to what I want :) Hows the autos going so far? and may I ask what strains your growing?

Last question - Do you think having the separate veg/bloom setting is necessary/ any more effective?

:blunt:

Hi dude

gonna check out your journal right now! seems like you got a very similar setup to what I want :) Hows the autos going so far? and may I ask what strains your growing?

Last question - Do you think having the separate veg/bloom setting is necessary/ any more effective?

:blunt:

Hey mack! No, I don't think having a separate veg/bloom switch is more effective or necessary. It's just a matter of personal preference, I think. Then again, I'm still on my first grow ever, so I'm not really an expert (yet!). LOL

The veg mode is a fine thing to have during germination, rooting clones or early veg. More blue = tighter nodes, more red = more stretch because the plants keeps looking for the right light during veg. It also could save you a few dimes at the beginning by not giving the plant a lot of red from early on. But i used ome without a switch and it was ok too but not optimal

A COB is a collection of small LED on a round surface like a coin. Chips on Board. You can DIY or buy Kits. But the Kits cost alot more of course. You can spent alot of money on that or go 1 buck per watt like i did.

You are welcome to the thread 'My very first DIY COB fixture'. There are many ways to simply plug and play too, just a dollar or 2 more per part to avoid soldering.

For 60x60 i would get a dimmable light from 0 to 300W. The 300 could be overkill because the COBs put out more light per watt. I would say 200W equals the 300W panel. I replaced 300W Blurple for 2x2x6 with 50-420W of white light for 2x3x6.

Different world. Really powerful. If you say how much your $$$ maximum is, when you will need the light and if you think you can plug some wires to a connector or tap some screws i could tell you numbers

Back
Top Bottom