LED advice for 2.3x2.3 tent

OceanPro

420 Member
Unfortunately I have no rights to post at Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion thread so I will post here (seems to be ok according to the forum rules).

I'm gonna buy 2.3x2.3' tent for my first setup.
I've searched a lot through the forum and found that Mars Hydro products have a lot of good reviews.

Seems like 50W per sq ft coverage is good choice for growing using a LED so it's my main goal.
Let's calculate my requirements for a LED:
Code:
2.3ft * 2.3ft * 50W = 265W

Currently I'm looking at Mars Pro II Epistar 80 400w. Real power consumption 165W only, but it's told that it can replace HID/MH 250W. I've read a lot of posts where it's told to use real power consumption for LEDs calculation, not the specified one. On the other hand Mars Hydro is well known vendor with good reviews mostly.
I've been really confused now! Help is needed!

Just a few questions:
  1. Is it a good LED?
  2. Will this LED really provide 250W coverage?
  3. Will it be enough for 2.3x2.3 tent to have good buds relative to other LED vendors with the same wattage and for the same money? (yes, yes, I know there are a lot of circumstances but possibly somebody has hands-on experience with this LED and can compare it to another one)
  4. Has anybody used this product? Do you recommend it? What's the lifetime?
Thanks!

PS: @SmokeSara, I've tried to contact you via email but haven't got a response. So I would like to invite you to this thread :)
Also I believe information from the official representative of Mars Hydro can be useful for other people who could have questions about this product.

Hi OceanPro, Sorry to reply you late, usually we need 30~35w/sft for veg and 35~50w/sft for flowering of LED growing. 50w/sft is the highest standard, our Mars Pro II 80 cannot meet that in the 2.3x2.3 space, but will do good for the 2x2 area in flowering. hope this helps. If you think the power is not enough, i suggest you can add some side lights in during flowering. :) :green_heart:

Unfortunately I have no rights to post at Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion thread so I will post here (seems to be ok according to the forum rules).

I'm gonna buy 2.3x2.3' tent for my first setup.
I've searched a lot through the forum and found that Mars Hydro products have a lot of good reviews.

Seems like 50W per sq ft coverage is good choice for growing using a LED so it's my main goal.
Let's calculate my requirements for a LED:
Code:
2.3ft * 2.3ft * 50W = 265W

Currently I'm looking at Mars Pro II Epistar 80 400w. Real power consumption 165W only, but it's told that it can replace HID/MH 250W. I've read a lot of posts where it's told to use real power consumption for LEDs calculation, not the specified one. On the other hand Mars Hydro is well known vendor with good reviews mostly.
I've been really confused now! Help is needed!

Just a few questions:
  1. Is it a good LED?
  2. Will this LED really provide 250W coverage?
  3. Will it be enough for 2.3x2.3 tent to have good buds relative to other LED vendors with the same wattage and for the same money? (yes, yes, I know there are a lot of circumstances but possibly somebody has hands-on experience with this LED and can compare it to another one)
  4. Has anybody used this product? Do you recommend it? What's the lifetime?
Thanks!

PS: @SmokeSara, I've tried to contact you via email but haven't got a response. So I would like to invite you to this thread :)
Also I believe information from the official representative of Mars Hydro can be useful for other people who could have questions about this product.

Honestly for that price I'd go a different direction, no need to go blurple this day and age and with your budget

Back
Top Bottom