Mars Hydro SP & TS LED grow light series, what is the difference?

Mars Hydro

420 Sponsor
In 2019, Mars Hydro releases two led grow light series, one is Mars SP series, another is Mars TS series. They both use new SMD chips, using low current to drive while with a lot of them to make sure the whole light output is high. They are both white color, sunlike full spectrum suitable for both veg and flower or all stage of your plants’ growing. They both put high PPE above 2.15umol/j, and they are all with no fan design. During the past months, they two series havebeen tested and proved with great growing results and become Mars Hydro growers favorite new lights, But, many of the growers are still have confusion, what is the difference between the two line? Now, we will give you the answer below.

Cooling System & Heat Dissipation

They produce same heat under the same wattage, but the thick heat sink design makes Mars SP series release more heat than Mars TS series.

Power Driver

Mars SP 250: MeanWell Driver
Mars TS series: Other brand driver with UL listed (international safe organization

Coverage

The coverage of Mars TS is wider than Mars SP if they hang in the same height.

Mars SP 150 (130w)

Core Coverage: 1.5ft x 3ft = 45cm x90cm

Max Coverage : 2ft x 3ft = 60cm x 90cm

Mars SP 250 (230w)

Core Coverage: 2ft x 4ft = 60cm x120cm

Max Coverage : 3ft x 5ft = 90cm x 150cm

Mars TS1000 (150w)

Core Coverage: 2ft x 2ft = 60cm x60cm

Max Coverage : 3ft x 3ft = 90cm x 90cm

Mars TSW2000 (300w)

Core Coverage: 3ft x 3ft = 90cm x90cm

Max Coverage : 4ft x 4ft = 120cm x 120cm

Mars TSL2000 (300w)

Core Coverage: 2.5ft x 4ft = 75cm x120cm

Max Coverage : 3ft x 5.5ft = 90cm x 165cm

Penetration

What exactly is penetration? It refers directly to the PPFD available at a given distance after the calculation of inverse square and lens/reflector coefficients. And Mars SP can penetrate deeper to plant from the top of leaves to bottom.

Water Proof

Mars SP series : IP 65, Water Proof

Mars TS series: Not Water Proof

If you are not good at controlling the humidity or if you are using the light in a high humidity growing area, Mars SP is a better option for you.

Above the main difference for TS and SP series, what is your idea on these two series? Welcome to share with your idea.

Makes me wonder if I'm better off getting the sp series lights too
They are both great lights, just some design difference. They will all help you get great results. :Rasta: Depend on what you care most. :green_heart:

I was thinking of adding both lights in each area. I'll need 2 lights anyways so they'll both provide something different to the plant.
Haha, if you have two of them, you can show us the difference. :green_heart: :green_heart: :green_heart:

if you'd like about a month I'll do a side by side grow using each light. I'm ordering the sp250 and the tsw 2000 tomorrow. Then each set again next week. Do you have any info on the 3000 yet?
Hi huge, I believe all of us whats to see the difference. It will be super cool to add the comparision link into my sigature as well. :D :circle-of-love:
As to TS - 3000, I have mentioned in the Mars discussion thread, but I don't mind to post it again here., ;)

So since everyone seems to be interested in our TS-3000, I would like to give some basic information today. :circle-of-love:
1. Compared with the TS 1000 and TS 2000, TS 3000 upgraded to Meanwell driver. :love:
2. Compared with the TS 1000/2000, it gives customers a lengthend wire, which can help you move the power supply outside of the tent, if you don't like the extra length of the wire, you can also remove it and fix the power supply on the light body. :hippy::hippy:
3. Coverage: 5x5 for veg, and 4x4 for flowering :ganjamon:
4. Spectrum test, you can also find some basic info, like PPF, PPE, reall wattage from the test report.

5. Forgive me about the photo, I just take a sample and take them. The official picture hasn't released yet.

I have a ts-1000, I will not own another. It is basically a nice veg light for a 2x2, that's about it. Regarding penetration yah, forget it. About 2 inch if you tuck and make space in the canopy..

Would not advice for flowering unless you really can't get anything else. My CFL at same wattage does better. Not joking.

Back
Top Bottom