Do you think it will be neccessary to add uv chip in Mars Hydro TS series as well?

• Yes, it will help on growing

Votes: 50 84.7%
  • No, not very helpful

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Others, please also comment your idea

Votes: 5 8.5%

• Total voters
is extremely hard to dim for some reason.. like the philips head screw is stripped out inside the driver or something :/

Are you using the correct size (#1) Phillips screwdriver? If it's too large or small, then I would expect you to encounter difficulty when you attempt to adjust the screw. Also, depending on the hardness of the screw and somewhat on the "snugness" of the screw in its threaded hole, you could end up damaging the screw head in such a way that it becomes difficult to adjust it with any screwdriver.

Only problem for you guys MARS Hydro is all UV LEDs on the market are currently only in the 365nm-395nm range which is UV-A light.

Not true. Nichia, RayVio, Sensor Electronic Technology Inc, Violumas, DOWA Electronic Materials Company Ltd., Fotonica (I'm not positive that they manufacture their own, though, as I was only visiting their website to read their rather interesting article on UV-B and cannabis), Osram (was working on it a couple of years ago, but I don't know whether they've brought any products to market yet), possibly OSA Opto Light, Nikkiso might still be producing them, possibly Hongli Zhihui Group Co., Ltd. (I cannot currently access their website), possibly Seoul Viosys, possibly... Well, you get the picture. There seem to be several players.

It's a hot enough subset of the LED market that there was going to be a "Second International Conference on UV LED Technologies & Applications" during the last week of April, but like so many other events this year, it has been cancelled.

LEDs Magazine is a good source of information about new and upcoming LED technology and products, and a great deal of content is posted on its website.

For this reason, an additional switch for the UV light must be implemented.

:thumb:. Also, the rate(?) of response and tolerance seems to vary somewhat.

Currently, reptile UV lights and UV-B purposed CFL lights or non-coated Mercury Vapor lamps (less efficient) are the best bet in producing the levels of UV-B light we need.

I agree, except for the use of MV lighting in the grow room. I tried that... wow, 30 years ago, lol? I think it tried to kill both me and the plants. Come to think of it, I think I still have that light fixture somewhere, if it didn't get stolen last year. If the thief knew what it was, he probably left it. I probably wouldn't even use an unjacketed metal halide (now), but that's an option.

I've been known to use the reptile type bulbs. That's probably the best bet for the home cannabis grower at this time (and probably the cheapest, too). I've an LED fixture that uses a small tube-type one. It is separately switched, and even has a separate electrical cord so that the gardener can set it up on a different timer than the rest of the light. I like the idea of having it as a completely separate product, though.

I wouldn't mind seeing Mars Hydro produce an UV lighting product - but, again, I would greatly prefer it to be a separate product, in other words, not a general purpose grow light that happens to include UV. Many of us, at least when we use LED grow lighting, will be using more than one (for various reasons). They say that a little UV goes a long way, lol; there's no real reason why it must be included on every grow light in a person's grow space. Also, most of us would not wish to have to purchase all new lighting products if we are already satisfied with what we are currently using. A separate UV product avoids the need to do so.

Ultraviolet light in an indoor garden is useful for more than just growing cannabis. For example, it makes lettuce more colorful and increases its antioxidant content.

Came across this old thread on UV and actually am suprised no one mentioned the possibility of eye damage due to the refractive nature of materials in the tents.
I Rarely use my uv glasses when working in the tent and have found it blinding bright at times.
UV exposure from a UV TUBE used for water purification is alot like a welding flash.
I've experienced both and it leaves you blind over-night with a heavy grit sensation.
Just my 2 cents and I'm not at all familiar with UV characteristics or specs on an led light.
There was no mention in the specs of my light on uv.
Maybe someone can enlighten me on the spectrum.

In the past 4 years I've been growing my eye sight has severely went down hill, however, I don't know if this is down to constantly looking at lights or due to my illness.

I'm now using a uvb so if I get any health scares I'll let you know lol.

In the past 4 years I've been growing my eye sight has severely went down hill, however, I don't know if this is down to constantly looking at lights or due to my illness.

I'm now using a uvb so if I get any health scares I'll let you know lol.
Ok deal
Cataracts (protein build up )are day surgery like apple pie or firing the hooka after harvest.
Must stay on topic,now I might read up more on types of LED lights and what spectrums they emit in our faces.
Now the purpose of UV LED'S may be two fold..
People my age fear nothing..lol

Yes.

I have seen people run their HPS without glass to up UV. UV is a form of stress for the plants and makes them trich up more. Anyway to mimic the sun even better? Do it. Eye damage? Very true. When running HPS my eyes took a hit. Bad eye aches and compromised vision. Definitely get some UV glasses to be in with your plants. Thank you...

I have seen people run their HPS without glass to up UV. UV is a form of stress for the plants and makes them trich up more. Anyway to mimic the sun even better? Do it. Eye damage? Very true. When running HPS my eyes took a hit. Bad eye aches and compromised vision. Definitely get some UV glasses to be in with your plants.

HPS bulbs' UV output averages just .05% of the photons they produce. Incandescent bulbs' average UV output is higher, at .2%. The HPS produces far more photons, of course, but the statistic shows that there are much better "UV strategies."

most led emitters already carry a fair bit of uv. enough to recommend protective eyewear. it's getting pretty esoteric when you consider a need to add more.

no offense but this was a mfgr that flooded amazon with burple, and still does.. i'm not sure actual development was ever in their wheelhouse. it feels like they are trying to grow up all of a sudden. seems a bit forced.

Came across this old thread on UV and actually am suprised no one mentioned the possibility of eye damage due to the refractive nature of materials in the tents.
If I were to have an UV equipped light, I'd want a dedicated switch for the UV LEDs since I work in the tent with lights on and my eyesight is degrading quickly enough already...

Uv led don't put out enough. Id like to see a t8 fixture add on for the agromax or flower power uvb tube. Hlg did this

Back
Top Bottom