Mars Hydro

420 Sponsor
Difference Between Mars TS and Mars Reflector Led Grow Light

From 2019, Mars Hydro releases the Mars TS series, which is quantum board design, white sunlike spectrum, and it become very hot. But many of the other growers are still prefer our Mars Reflector series which is traditional blurple full spectrum, and with special reflector cup design. Which one is better? What are their differences? Today we are going to show you the details from several points.

First - Light Design
- Mars TS: using no fan design, releasing heat by its own aluminum body, very quiet to use.
- Mars Reflector: Fan design, green light case, with some noise, but will be very cool to use.

bc30cf9210d28bac7a559db5561364be.jpg

Second - Reflector Design
- Mars TS: only uses a reflector cycle design, to ensure the coverage and the light output.
- Mars Reflector: uses reflector cup on each led chip, ensure 100% light output and coverage, plus help mix the spectrum very well.

ea7663eebf461eb1ab33e96da997dd1e.jpg

Third - Spectrum
- Mars TS: sunlike spectrum, with more green and yellow to look more natural, easier to check plants.
- Mars Reflector: blurple full spectrum, with very little unuseful green and yellow. But need to use led grow light glasses to get clear looks of the plants

3504201fe37e84eccc3dc86d7453d153.jpg

Fourth - Growing Stage Controling Design
- Mars TS: the light itself is full spectrum for all growing stage, you can adjust the hanging height accordinglyto suit different growing stage. Or you can use a screw driver to adjust the wattage and dim the light to suit the different growing stage.
- Mars Reflector: there are veg and bloom switches on the light, during veg you can turn veg or both swithces on, during flowering, turn both switches on.

997b07eeb48806307cbd32b4f4baf050.jpg

Finally - Daisy Chain Function
- Mars TS: daisy chain function not available.
- Mars Reflector: daisy chain function available, but over 1000w wattage together is not recommended.

So with the differences above, which led grow type you prefer? If you have more commend on the difference between those two lights, please feel free to comment.

45c83bdedc73780c176b52c99705b116.jpg

I prefer the TS (and SP) series. White light output means no special colored lenses required for taking photos (or for observing the plants to check/diagnose their health). Lack of fans mean less potential failure points and no possibility of drawing dirt/contaminants/insects into the product; the lack of noise is, honestly, not a significant factor for me, because there are other devices in a typical indoor grow that produce noise (but it may matter to some). Also, your newer product lines appear to be more efficient (which is always appreciated) and some of them have adjustable power output (which is sometimes useful). Finally, they appear to be much more tolerant of moisture, water, and humidity; this is always appreciated, too.

While it's not directly relevant to your question, your newer products have given me the impression that your company is evolving and improving. :thumb:

I prefer the TS (and SP) series. White light output means no special colored lenses required for taking photos (or for observing the plants to check/diagnose their health). Lack of fans mean less potential failure points and no possibility of drawing dirt/contaminants/insects into the product; the lack of noise is, honestly, not a significant factor for me, because there are other devices in a typical indoor grow that produce noise (but it may matter to some). Also, your newer product lines appear to be more efficient (which is always appreciated) and some of them have adjustable power output (which is sometimes useful). Finally, they appear to be much more tolerant of moisture, water, and humidity; this is always appreciated, too.

While it's not directly relevant to your question, your newer products have given me the impression that your company is evolving and improving. :thumb:
Hi TS, thank you for stopping by! I totally understand what you mentioned about, the most important thing for a grow light is how they can grow plants. But there are also many still care about things like heat output, daisy chain, etc, so either one you love, we have choice for ya. ;) And thank you for the support, we will try to make better and better products based on your valued opinion. :thumb:

Hi @SmokeSara. Can all the reflectors be daisy chained? Or is that an updated version that has that ability that older reflectors don't have?
Hi Fisher, :green_heart:the reflector upgraded from last year on its chips and daisy chain function, so if you buy now, it will have daisy chain function. But if you ordered like two years ago, then the light didn't have those functions. :slide:

Back
Top Bottom