Help with mixing soil and coco coir

puffsamust

Hey everybody,

Can anyone shed some light on this noob as far as mixing ratio's for a soil mix using FFHF and coco coir? I'm shooting for a slightly overwater proof soil and coco mix. Here's what I've come up with, please feel free to make recommendations. Thanks in advance.:smokin:

FF HF soil 55%
kelp meal and or guano 5%
Perlite 10%
Canna coco coir 15%
Worm castings 15%

this combination is perfect for germination,but when you're in the vegetative growth the plant should be transplanted and i suggest you this combination right here,here it is:50% soil,30 %perlite,10%worm castings and 10% canna coco coir alright?if you dont' have yet buy this material i suggest you to buy plagron grow mix,which contains,worm castings and all the elemnt to have a strong healty plant,
i link:Plagron
P.S.it is also available with perlite,it's not so expensive and it 's one of the most obvious choice of growing organically and naturally
alright?
thanks
hopegrower

Thanks for all the good advice hopegrower,

I'll be germinating in soil and using one big container going 12/12, so I guess I'll try to find a happy medium between my estimations and yours. I think I'll make both mixes and put yours on the bottom and mine on the top. Unfortunately, plagron seems unavailable where I'm at... I'll most likely go with something from fox farm, they seem to contain most of my desired ingredients to begin with. Thanks again...

Why mix anything with Coco. Coco is a great medium alone. Use Canna Coco nutes and you are good to go. Germinate in coco or paper towel, then transfer to coco and your set. The root growth in coco is unbelieveable. I have grown in soil many times. I switched over to coco my last grow and I will never go back to soil. You will not regret it.

sorta rules out going organic though.
Try pure blend pro for soil and coco. While it's not actually 100% organic. It's as close as one can get to being organic and still be used in a hydroponic set up without having to steep or make a tea first. It's just a measure and pour nutrient. One bottle for grow and one bottle for bloom. make sure you get the soil and coir specific type and not the hydroponics specific type though if your growing coir.

Thanks for all the advice guys,

I am trying to go organic and the non hydro route, I've been watching baremeat's new journal closely though. I'm very far from being a handy guy, don't have the means to set up a drip for hydro. My reasoning for this is to take advantage of coco's property while using the soil for most of the nutrients.

Baremeat: How much do you think you'll be spending on nutrients for each harvest? Just a rough estimate is fine, I'd like to know for future references. This will be my first attempt at imitating atmosphere's 12/12 grow, I'd like to try soil first as it seems to be a little more noob friendly to me at this time(although that's probably highly debatable).

Racefan, pure blend pro looks very good. Just don't know if I'm up for hydro yet. I'll probably use it later on in the grow if I feel the need for additional nutrients.

Does my soil ratio look ok as far as good drainage? I'm looking to build a structure that's over watering proof (I'll be bottom feeding and using a moisture meter as well but the strain I'll be using doesn't like over watering at all so I'm trying to be prepared as much as possible.

Back
Top Bottom