Help with my first grow?

DALE199595

Hi i have just been out and bought a 2.4X1.2M grow tent and was just wondering how many plants i should fit in this to get around 3oz a plant i will have 1 CFL light for the veg stage and 2 600w hps lights for the flowering stage.
Also i would like to no which nutrients and additives people use as iv been told to use ionics and to veg them to around 2 ft then lollipop then bethor i switch to flower? ( I will be growing UK cheese in 15ltr pots ) Thankyou:thumb:

I have a 1.2 m x 1.2 m tent, I started growing 9 but find 4 plants better with a bout 6 weeks veg, on the cheese clone I have I pull bout 120g per plant under 1 600w HPS.

So I'd recommend growing 8 in 15 liter pots in ur space, top early and train for multi branched plant.
Or

Grow 18 in 12 liter ish pots, veg for 4 weeks ish and train.

If ur in the UK, I'd recommend the 8, that keeps ur plant count under the 9 plants and even if u get busted ur looking at a small fine, I've known judges to give harsher sentences even when it's only 10-12 plants because this moves u up to the middle sentencing bracket and possible jailtime. All depends on judge though.

And ur gonna need more than 1 CFL, in ur size tent I wouldn't even use CFLs, either use MH or shitloads of T5s, u would need a large CFL above each plant and still wouldn't be that great.

Hopefully u have dimmable ballast to run the 600w HPS, buy either 2 250w or 2 400w MH and you'll be fine, or maybe even 1 600w, but 2 smaller ones will be better light spread and basically same eleccy.

As for nutes, if ur in the UK, the plant magic old timers organic range and soil is excellent! I haven't heard one bad thing about it.

Plant magic supreme soil
Old timers grow and bloom
Plant magic bio silicon to strengthen stems etc
Plant magic catalyst which is a seaweed extract
PM granules for the Myco
Sucanut for flowering, it's better than molasses.

That was my schedule until I switched to my own soil mix, but still use them if I need to, I never had any probs with them at all, apart from mg def halfway thru flower which is common

In reality best thing is just grow and find out what works for you, training and growing methods are a personal thing, when I first started I had a mate teach me what he does, now years later, I don't do anything that he taught me as his methods were for him, he preferred lots of smaller plants with a quick veg, whereas i prefer to veg a while and grow larger plants.

It's all up to you, main things you need to know more than nutes etc really are, how is your ENVIRonment, this is key to everything! your gonna need about a 6" extract ATLEAST, probably 8", then another 6" fan for intake of fresh air. Also make sure u have plenty of smaller fans inside to give air movement.
Ur gonna want them running on a fan controller too, to maintain optimal temps, around 24 degrees contanst, lights on and off is perfect, but dropping a bit at lights off is fine.
Ur also gonna need a good dehumidifier, one that can extract 10 plus liters per day, cos in flower ur gonna need it, aim for under 55% humidity! I also turn it right up for last couple weeks as making the grow room havea. Really low humidity, like 20-30% increases resin prod.

Back
Top Bottom