Preparing for my first grow, help please

MaxPat

I have decided to grow in one of my closets, it's 2 feet deep and 3 1/2 feet wide, 7 square feet. I want to use CFLs but I have a few questions on how many and what light spectrums to use. The CFL Light Tutorial says to have about 7000 - 10,000 lumens per square foot, but that would mean (depending on which lights I use) that I could need up to 20 or more CFLs?!? Am I doing something wrong with the math? I havent seen a grow on this site with that many CFLs, they seem to be more around 5, so Im a little concerned.

Also I was wondering what light spectrums to use during veg and during flowering. the CFL tutorial recomended 6500k for veg and 2700k for flowering. Do I want to use a few different spectrums during either period, or just stick with strictly 65 for vegging and 27 for flowering?

I plan on starting with 1 to 3 clones bought from a dispensary, and put in soil, using LST for my first go around.

Thanks,
MaxPat

Well, I went out and bought 8 23w 6500k CFLs, (12,800 Lumens total, 1,706L/ft^2) here are some images of my light set up now:
supplies7.jpg

lights23.jpg

lightson2.jpg

lightsunder.jpg

fullviewcloset.jpg

lightleak.jpg

Any feedback would be welcome.
Thanks

Hang panda film over the inside of the door that overlaps the door frame.

Mold can grow in old beer bottles. ( and then spread to plants)

emergency blanket (or even mylar) will not block 100% of the light, and they wear out and tear, get holes quickly. Panda is the way to go for durability, reflectiveness and light blocking.

Back
Top Bottom