Some CFL insight?

Thew1sest

So few last minute questions, I have a 125 watt CFL (6500 K) that I plan on using with additional CFLs for vegging, could I still use this light while flowering also? My plan was to stick to a 2:1 ratio for lights. So for vegging I'll use a 2:1 ratio of 6500 K lights to 2700 K, and vice versa for flowering. So the added cfl's in the 6500k range will that do anything or just cost power and money? I'm not sure if it will use the light for growth or ignore that light spectrum for the most part, I think it would be alright if heat isn't a factor for a small increase in watt/ SF and lumens/ SF. Any insight would be great! thanks

:cool:;)

The last few grows I did were with CFL's. I used a 4:1 ratio of blue to red in veg. During the first two weeks of flower I kept the 4:1 ratio to control stretch. After that I went with a 4:1 ratio of 2700k red to 6500k blues. Flowers will use mostly the red spectrum for flower developement. Plus from my experience with CFL's the 2700k's are brighter then the same wattage in blues. Light intensity plays a big role in resin production and density of your finished product.

This is what I have done on my last two grows with CFL's. It's working so well I don't see any reason in chainging anything light wise.

Good luck :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom