Help With Vegan Cooking

justin08

Hey im new to the board, and cooking with weed in general in that ive never done it. Im a vegan and ive read about the procedure to make cannabutter. I have a few questions. I was wondering first if real butter could be replaced with soy butter? I was also wondering if there were any other procedures that are vegan friendly that i could use to extract thc. I read about boiling it in milk but im not so sure that will work with milk substitute. Also do i need leaves or can i just throw a couple of fat nugs into the pot. And one last thing, how much do i need per person approximately for it to take effect. thanks for the help.

Eh Carp, there's plenty of room for all of god's creatures, right next to the mashed potatoes and gravy.

Like Nate said, THC is fat soluble.

Alright dude, I'll help you out.
Basically, THC needs any FAT to be absorbed into. That's why they use butter and milk, fatty substances. You can use nugs, nugs would work better but if you have leaves use them because they have a lot of untapped THC potential.
So as long as it's fatty it will work.
Try some olive oil, healthy and vegan. One of my best cooking experiances was when I cooked some weed into some olive oil and pasta sauce.
That brings me to the dosage, best advice: experiment. I will tell you that it is EASY to eat too much, you will get REALLY high, and at certain points it's just not fun being that high. They high is sort of differen't. I like it. Smoking is a crude method for ingestion of drugs.

Hey im new to the board, and cooking with weed in general in that ive never done it. Im a vegan and ive read about the procedure to make cannabutter. I have a few questions. I was wondering first if real butter could be replaced with soy butter? I was also wondering if there were any other procedures that are vegan friendly that i could use to extract thc. I read about boiling it in milk but im not so sure that will work with milk substitute. Also do i need leaves or can i just throw a couple of fat nugs into the pot. And one last thing, how much do i need per person approximately for it to take effect. thanks for the help.
I use Miyoko vegan butter, best price is at Safeway. You can use vegan margarine as well. ONLY use nuggets, no leafs/stems. I only use everclear NOT glycerin. You can checkout a vegan alcohol list for best options. A general rule of thumb is 1 oz per cup. Hope this helps. The magic butter machine and decarber make it easy pizzy. Good luck.

Welcome @Rescuequeen1 to 420 Magazine I don’t know if you noticed any of the dates your answering are pretty old . Let’s get you where you need to be . @InTheShed @SweetSue @Carcass @Amy Gardner.
Thanks for the tag WH!

Just for the record to the original post from 16 years ago, 2 tbs butter are 23g fat and 2 tbs vegan butter (Wowbutter brand) are 15g fat. As J842P mentioned, fat is the way to carry the cannabinoids into our system, so the thing to keep in mind when replacing butter with soy butter is that butter has about 25% more fat per serving.
I use Miyoko vegan butter, best price is at Safeway. You can use vegan margarine as well.
Without having to look it up, how would vegan butter and vegan margarine be different. Margarine is already a butter replacement made with plant oils, as all vegan products would be.

Back
Top Bottom