Help

Brett2theMax

I got a new bowl, its in my pics thread but is nameless and I need help finding a name. I got it when I found out I was off probation a couple weeks ago. All it needs is a name. I like the colors its changing, it started out as red white and blue(thats now why I bought it).

NewPeice21.JPG

NewPeice11.JPG

NAMES!!!

Irony

LOL, Patriot Missle. Good ideas so far, keep 'em commin.

haha, the All American, that one sounds good, id go for that

uncle sam

lady liberty

the melting pot

i like patriot missle

freedom nuke

it looks like a babys rattle to me when its in that side view

btw- u have cool handwriting, what is adamastor??

Patriot Missle sounds like a good one, I also liked Osama LOL. I'm still taking suggestions though :)

bluntman420 said:
what is adamastor??

Pretty cool from Wikipedia

Adamastor (in Greek "imitative rival of Adam") was used by the Portuguese poet Luís de Camões in his epic poem Os Lusíadas, as a symbol of the forces of nature Portuguese navigators had to overcome during their discoveries. Camões gave his creation a history as one of the Gigantes of Greek mythology who had been spurned by Thetis, now appearing in the form of a threatening stormcloud to Vasco da Gama and threatening ruin to anyone hardy enough to pass the Cape and penetrate the Indian Ocean, which was Adamaster's domain. Adamastor became the Spirit of the Cape, a hideous phantom of unearthly pallor:

"Even as I spoke, an immense shape
Materialised in the night air,
Grotesque and enormous stature
With heavy jowls, and an unkempt beard
Scowling from shrunken, hollow eyes
Its complexion earthy and pale,
Its hair grizzled and matted with clay,
Its mouth coal black, teeth yellow with decay. –Camões, The Lusiads Canto V.
Adamastor represented the dangers Portuguese sailors faced when trying to round the Cape of Storms, henceforth called, in consequence of the resultant success in despite thereof, Cape of Good Hope.

Adamastor has figured in much poetry of the Cape. In The First Life of Adamastor, a novella by André Brink, the writer refashioned the Adamastor story from a 20th-century perspective.

:allgood:

Just reread this part not stoned and this stood out to me "henceforth called, in consequence of the resultant success in despite thereof". Could they possibly have thrown a few more important sounding words. lol

Lol, I didn't know what Adamastor was just figured it was something to do with the game.

DaHui said:
I like 'The All American', hehe

Yeah I noticed the hand writting also, very nice ;)

Sorry to dissapoint DaHui but that is not my hand writing, it is what came printed on the map, its for a video game I used to play alot so I have the world map mounted under the glass top of my desk.

Back
Top Bottom