Help1 my medicine is not well please help oranics only

Twinkie

8-29-11_016-2.jpg
9-11-11_015_edited.JPG
8-29-11_023-11.jpg
9-11-11_021_edited.JPG
Hello everyone i have diabetes, hepatitis c, gasteoparysis, neuropathy of feet, legs and stomach, glaucoma, high blood pressure etc.... so as you can see i need my medicine. I have lost the ability to make an income so i cant buy my medicine anymore so i tried my hand at growing. It has been an adventure to say the least. i have had powdery mildew, spider mites and thripes and now i dont know what is going on. They have been in the flowering stage for about 10 days now (but i just put a flowering 400 watt bulb 2 days ago) but the plants were budding on their own with a vegg 400 watt light). The leaves started rurning yellow and dying in a matter of a day. i tested ph and the my water which is well water is about 7.3 to 7.5. then i tested the actual soil and it is about 6.0 I have been told the best range is 6.2 to 6.5 and then i have been told it is 7.3 to 7.5. So i bumped up my ph a little (ph up)and now then next day the soil is 6.6. but it is thinning out like crazy my nice big bush has become a one kola top. anyway there are some pics included. please only reply with organic ideas i dont want to use as few chemicals as possible.

Thanx for any help:high-five:

:adore:the products i have use are as follows: POWDERY MILDEW ACTINOVATE SUPOSEDLY ORGANIC; SPIDER MITES & THRIPES-SAFER 3 IN 1 GARDEN SPRAY SAYS 4 KLLIS MITES, CONTROLS FUNGUS KILLS INSECTS; MIGHTY WASH NPK INDUSTRIES; FERTERLIZERS & FOOD BEEN USING 4-1-4 MOTHER EARTH BLENDED NATURAL SUPER TEA, SUPER THRIVE ECOCHEM LIQUID PH ADJUSTERS PH DOWN AND PH UP THATS IT:thanks:

I think you need a good flush, what are your grow room temps?

phchart1iu51.jpg

Save that chart, I did and look at it all the time. Looks like you are in soil so you need to test your runoff. I don't get it looks like you have buckets on soil, maybe outdoor? (But you mention 400w HPS) What is your the size of your grow area? Get a shot further back.

Superthrive is not organic to my knowledge. I don't think potassium hydroxide is either (ph up).

I would flush with about 3x the container size, clean RO if you have it, if not bubble a lot of tap water for 24 hours. Then top dress with 1/4 cup per gallon of dolomite lime wait 45 minutes and water with nutes as normal. ( I never use more than half strength)

If you have never flushed, you scratch up your surface inch of soil, water to get it evenly wet. Then pour on about a half inch and let it absorb, rinse and repeat until you have gone through your 15 gallons (for a 5 gal container) of water.

My thought are ultimately you have put a lot of stuff on your plants and they are in lockout. Are you watering with full strength nutes??

Hey Twinkie,

What is this in this pic of yours, is it a stem?

8-29-11_010-1.jpg

That plant of yours is likely diseased or has a fungus.

You can try to save the plant but if you don't get her environment in order you are going to keep having these problems.

You didn't mention the soil she is growing in. Many new growers (myself included at one time) go and buy soil that produces acid because the peat moss in it is decomposing... who knew right! Then when we see our water is mid 7's on the PH scale we add ph down to get it in the sweet zone. Thats our first mistake, Well two mistakes. If the soil had an already balanced PH we newbs would not have such a problem. Heres a tip, mix your soil ahead of time and water it and let it sit for a week and water it again while checking the runoff to see how it swings. After a few mixes you will be able to balance your soil just the way you want it.

Assuming your tester is accurate, if your soil is going down in PH regardless of the number then it is pointless to be adding PH down or even PH up to the water, just use tap. If you want to dechlorinate call your water company first. Many water companies are switching to chloramine rather than chlorine and you cannot gas off chloramine. Save the water PH adjusters for when the nutes put the water out of whack. You need to have a good balanced soil or PH problems are going to happen everytime. Too many people have the same problems with PH and it is usually new growers.

You should put aside going all organic for the time being because your tap water is no good for it unless you have an RO water generator. You want to create a healthy microbial colony and your water is working against you.

Keep your soil in between 7.0 and 6.5. The chart Maer posted is good but it does not show how the nutrients taper before they lock out which is as important as the chart itself. I have a good chart but it is not my creation so I won't post it here, but you can google it.

I could babble all night cuz I'm in a helping mood but I would only be repeating what has already been posted. Do alot of reading here and you will have some mindblowing harvests. I know, I'm doing it and it is worth the sleepless nights reading and reading....:thumb:

The crack is part of the stalk. it has been open for some time now but i keep it clean evryday.
8-29-11_010-1.jpg

the products i listed i may have only used once like superthrive, mighty wash. the only product i use on a consistant basis is the mother earth super tea 4-1-4 for veggie state i used it about every 3 waterings.

the grow area i have is in the corner of my bedroom with an armour making a third wall and one wall has a window there. it is 2 feet 7 inches wide and 3 feet 6 inches deep.
103_2697-1.jpg
103_2695-1.jpg
the dirt i used is black gold all purpose potting soil. it does have canadian sphagnum peat moss so i need to address that issue.

i did flush it after i sprayed for powdery mildew (actinovate) 3 weeks ago so i will do that again. when i check the ph i check the run off not the water i use which is well water (no floride) and i let it sit a few days to let some of the impurities evaporate. i do mix according to directions but it is on the low end that i use (it says can mix up to 15 mls per gallon and i use about 9 mls per gallon)

the plants (there are 3 purp kush, bubble purp bubblegum and dj shorts blackberry:circle-of-love:) are in buckets the size of kitty litter buckets. the blackberry is much shorter than the other 2 so it is sitting on another bucket.
But bottom line i will flush it. and then try to unlock the nutes if have any suggs on that let me know and thanx for the help if this works then i am going to try and get off this pain pump it so cumbersome. so wish me good luck this is my first time and i really need this to work.

Id be sorting the spider mite out as soon as possible mate as it will get worse as time goes on. I use predators to get rid of mine if they happen to pay me a unexpected visit lol. Predators are basically little creatures that spread all over your plant and kill all the spider mite if you dont know. Not sure how much they cost in u.s but there around £30 in g.b and definatley more effective from any other pest control methods.

Hey guy thanx for the help!!:adore: I flushed my babies today and got a bag of ladybugs to keep the mites at bay and we start using the nutes next watering at half strength and hope it unlocks the plants. I have learned a lot from yall and found a wealth of info in the journals. One other question off the bat why do u get points? what do u do with them. I wish i could invite yall to myy first tastes but its going to be a ride:party:

Hey guy thanx for the help!!:adore: I flushed my babies today and got a bag of ladybugs to keep the mites at bay and we start using the nutes next watering at half strength and hope it unlocks the plants. I have learned a lot from yall and found a wealth of info in the journals. One other question off the bat why do u get points? what do u do with them. I wish i could invite yall to myy first tastes but its going to be a ride:party:
You need to use dolomite lime and then water with straight water for maybe 2 times before you give more nutes

You need to use dolomite lime and then water with straight water for maybe 2 times before you give more nutes

^^^^THAT^^^^

Get the lime, use the lime, otherwise you are just pi$$ing in the wind.

DO NOT get, hydrated, slaked, burnt, or quick lime.

You want dolomitic or calcitic lime. Dolomite, Garden, or Sweet lime.

DD

Ok i pulled down the foil and they are looking a little better since the flush. the next time i water i need to use the dolomite lime. how do i mix it? and for the mites i have been using mighty wash but it is expensive so i am awitching to a fruit and veggie spray 4 mites and will use that every few days. i will be mixing nutes with half strength so as to not over charge them again. any suggestions on unlocking my nutes let me know

Well i flushed the plants and fed it 1st with a little dolomite lime just plain h20 (water) twice. I then used advanced nutrients organic super tea bloom at a little less than half strength. I am still having what it seems to be nute burn
10-8-11_014.JPG
:oops:

HELP!!

Now i have some other problems, the leaves on my plants are very dark green.

My wife has to have the tv going all night and just found out that might be a real problem. I dont want my babies to change sexes (i never knew they could do that) Is there a real chance they could change sexes?

Do the extremely dark leaves mean anything? I have built a make shift cover that blocks out almost all the light.

is there anything i can give it to promote more flowers? It seems like there could be a lot more flowers. I have it under a 400w bloom light with cover in a grow space of 31"x24"x91" high but lamp is 72 inches from ground.

Is there anything you can suggest doing to my babies in the bloom stage i want to be the best mother i can be and want my kids to get all the nutes it needs. :thumb:

Well, I went ahead and harvested my crop. they are hanging upside down in a paper bag as we speak. I cant wait to try it it smells absolutely awesome and its going to be a With all the problems I got myself into its amazing I got anything at all. I haven't weighed it yet but I will, once its dry.
HAS ANYONE CURED USING FOODSAVER SYSTEM. I WANT TO BUT AFRAID IT WILL CRUSH BUDS. I DID PUT A FEW BUDS IN ONE TO TEST IT AND IT SQEEZES THE LIVING !@#$ OUT OF THEM

I am going to do an experiment and try to convert the dj shorts blackberry into a mother so i will have to revert her back to veg. I would like to try and get some clones from her as dj shorts blackberry is my favorite medicine. it works on my main three symptons pain, nausea, and insomnia. I want to say thank you so much for all the wonderful help i received while growing my girls you guys are great i wish i could share with all those that helped you deserve a hand or in this case a thumb. so long for now Take a look at my second grow entitled "Number 2 California Orange!" SEE YA THERE

:thanks:Thanx Maer i am just using the paper bag method. I had to just take a taste to see where we were with the curing process, OMG!! it was soooo smooth and it expanded once inside the lungs not from being harsh. I got absolutely wasted thanx DJ Shorts for that blueberry strain. I noticed for some reason i had called it dj shorts blackberry but its blueberry. Anyway It was great and I woe to you guys!! :welldone: I cant say how much you helped me Maer you were great answered my questions I needed here is a sample of the buds i got didnt do the greatest job of trimming but will do that later
11-8-11_007-1.jpg
11-8-11_013-1.jpg

I AM DOING MY SECOND GROW CHECK IT OUT AT THIS LINK I AM SURE I WILL NEED YOU GUYS AGAIN.
Number 2 California Orange!

Back
Top Bottom