Hempy Headquarters

Does anyone know how to get megacrop in Canada and to pay Canadain dollars?

I almost made an order via megacrop canada website, $67.21 usd turned into about $97 cad.
Even though its shipping from canada I still have to pay usd prices? I sent the company an email about it.

I'm asking here cause alot of people use it.

There’s also Jack’s Professional 2-part.

Jack's has always been highly rated, and probably just hasn't gotten anywhere the recognition it deserves because it has never been marketed specifically towards the cannabis-industry. There are so many "Jack's" products that the gardener can easily tailor his/her nutrient ratios to suit the specific plants being grown. Or the gardener could do a simple web search for one of the common Jack's Classic cannabis recipes. Or, alternatively, one of the ones for Jack's 5-12-26, calcium nitrate, and magnesium sulfate (aka Epsom salt). It all works. Well, obviously, lol, just about every nutrient line works - but Jack's brand stuff works well. And there is a long history of information-sharing about the product line, so there is no reason for someone who is new to the products to have to figure things out on their own.

Does anyone know how to get megacrop in Canada and to pay Canadain dollars?

Not a guaranteed way. But you could try (doing a web-search to get the required contact information and) contacting as many Canadian hydroponics / indoor gardening / plant nursery stores as you can stand to, ask them if they would be able to stock or at least order some of the stuff for you - or ask them which distributor(s)/wholesaler(s) they buy from, and then call those businesses and try to get them to start importing it.

Or you could take a drive ;) .

These are 2-gallon hempy plants at about 6 weeks from sprout.
4F0FAE9C-0128-4568-AA54-7CC428D7DD13.jpeg

33A41CB3-0390-49A7-8B49-638647E6F89F.jpeg

Hi everyone

im on the way my friends.

The Queen of the garden was ovdrmisted:((.
This is a one week leaf.
IMG_20200517_120922.jpg

IMG_20200517_104106.jpg

The plugs still under T5
Solocups under 125 watt cfl in a glass armature. Solocups dripped 9gr osmo+and 1ml superthrive for a gal.
Plugs are fed osmo waited over night, now with run off of solocups.
Altough they have good roots, im regretfull about plugs. Wish all was done in solos.
im planning to transfer plugs anything one liter with 250watt cfl. Solos also will ve switched to 250 cfl.

My ac is 9000 BTU just enough for fls. it means it can just cool only one 400 watt hps or 600ish LED.
And the other movable ac is too much loudy, dont have any idea what will i do in mid summer with this 8*4 tent.
Maybe i can isolate it which reduces its performance.
IMG_20200518_005857.jpg

İts off now :)

IMG_20200517_235343.jpg

IMG_20200517_235717.jpg
bu
IMG_20200517_235328.jpg

Plugs are fed osmo waited over night, now with run off of solocups.
Altough they have good roots, im regretfull about plugs. Wish all was done in solos.
im planning to transfer plugs anything one liter with 250watt cfl. Solos also will ve switched to 250 cfl.

I grew with plugs for a good spell, and they did very well and it didn’t mess with any desired results, so I wouldn’t worry about it. I found they lended stability to the pot.
Looking good so far. :high-five:

so should I go bigger than 2 gallon to avoid daily watering or is it better to keep it in a 2 gallon and water daily?

If you go bigger they’ll grow bigger and you won’t be able to fit them into the footprint without concerns about inadequate air movement, and nobody wants that.

Going to a bigger pot can still result in daily watering. I started hempy thinking I’d be growing smaller plants. It never worked out like that. :laughtwo:

I grew with plugs for a good spell, and they did very well and it didn’t mess with any desired results, so I wouldn’t worry about it. I found they lended stability to the pot.
Looking good so far. :high-five:

If you go bigger they’ll grow bigger and you won’t be able to fit them into the footprint without concerns about inadequate air movement, and nobody wants that.

Going to a bigger pot can still result in daily watering. I started hempy thinking I’d be growing smaller plants. It never worked out like that. :laughtwo:
What do you believe is the ideal size for a final container in a 4 x 4 footprint, 4 plants total?

2 gallon
3 gallon
3.5 gallon?

I'm trying to decide what specific buckets to order or see what specific containers others have used.

Just for information:

Reservoir sizes for 5 gallon bucket

1 gal - 7 cm from bottom

2 gal - 14 cm

Unless you want issues with mold, due to excessive vegetation in a small space (you could always defoliate), I would not go over a 3 gallon hempy bucket with 4 plants in a 4’x4’ tent.

Myself, I still would stick with 2 gallons, in a tent. I’ve been there - fighting high humidity and risk of mold. And I live where it’s frequently below 30% RH.

One of them is going into this 30 gallon hempy tub on the new moon next weekend.
8430A318-5E6C-4E82-BD72-FA0EA335057F.jpeg

Make sure you sharpen your ax before you climb the (eventual) plant to go slaughter the giant and steel his golden goose, Jack ;).

I’m going for buds like this
5A9ADD2D-DD6D-488D-BD83-4C5C4D7BE806.jpeg

I love that picture. I forget exactly why I hunted it down on the Internet. Someone was running a contest, post any pictures of a bud and see which one gets the most likes, I think. The head-sized bud caught my eye (as did the cute brunette with the ample assets :p). Whatever the contest was, it didn't win (IIRC).

My ac is 9000 BTU just enough for fls. it means it can just cool only one 400 watt hps or 600ish LED.
And the other movable ac is too much loudy, dont have any idea what will i do in mid summer with this 8*4 tent.

To paraphrase my brother, "Garden smarter, not harder." If you have HID lighting and are worried about temperature issues, why would you try to use an air conditioner to cool the lighting and the space? That's what "air-cooled" reflectors are for, lol. Your lighting is going to produce ~3.412141633 BTU of heat per hour per watt. Get that heat OUT of your grow space! Run ducting into your grow space, through an air cooled fixture (or multiple ones), through another section of ducting, through your exhaust fans, through still more ducting... to somewhere that you aren't trying to keep cool. Like outside. Seal the run off from the grow space, and you don't even need a carbon filter on it - because air that is merely hot doesn't smell like a cannabis garden.That means you're not going to be pushing air through a restriction, which makes things easier for the fan. If this seems to be a little inadequate, use a stronger fan, insulated ducting material, a reflector for which someone makes an insulated cover, or all of these things. At the end of the day, an air-cooled light fixture should be adding minimal heat to a grow space. As in, "Gee, it feels a little warm when I place my hand directly against the glass.

Do the above even if you need to run an air conditioner in your grow space for whatever reason (it's a sealed grow that you are adding supplemental CO2 to, your grow is in Death Valley in August and your source air is already so hot that you'd end up with a hurricane force gale through your grow space - and firehose-level quantities of water to facilitate the required transpiration to enable your plants to self-cool - to keep things cool, et cetera). If you are not running an a/c in there, just use a separate ventilation setup for the grow space environment. It will be far easier to control temperature once you've properly dealt with the heat burden of your lighting. It should also allow your carbon filter (assuming you use one) to last longer, because the air passing through it will be significantly cooler (and you might end up finding that you require less airflow here).

By the way, the average portable air conditioner unit SUCKS. There was "a bit of a stink" a few years ago in my country when it became general knowledge that "14,000 BTU" ones were actually only effectively functioning as 8,000 BTU units. And that's just the dual-hose models. The single-hose ones... I suffer miserably in extreme high temperatures (IOW, anything over 72°F), and someone offered to give me one of those last Summer. I declined their offer. Even the best portable unit is operating from a negative, so to speak, because it has to end up cooling itself, in practical terms, due to having its compressor/etc. INSIDE the space that it is attempting to cool. If you really feel you must use one, make sure it is a dual-hose model (yours might be, IDK). Use insulated hoses. And, for Pete's sake, make sure that the exhaust hose and the intake hose don't end up side-by-side on their other ends, otherwise you tend to "recycle" at least a portion of the hot air.

I actually did once see a high-quality portable air conditioner. Seemed like it weighed as much as (or more than) I did. Insulated hoses - and they were a good bit lengthier than the usual five feet. Very industrial-looking piece of kit. Would have been capable of keeping products in a commercial cooler from spoiling when the cooler failed (and that was one of the uses it was rated for). I think it cost something like $2,800, lol. But if you're shopping in that neighborhood (in terms of cost), just buy a mini-split and cool your grow room plus one or more rooms in your house.

As with many of my posts here, the above is my opinion.

If you have the headroom, you could try a 5 gallon bucket. But the footprint is pretty close to a 2 gallon bucket, so raise the hole for a bigger reservoir, say 3 inches.

Headroom and light intensity. If you spread your canopy out, you don't need the "strength of penetration" that you do if you have a significantly thicker one. Assuming a reasonably dense canopy, of course. One of the motivations for the SCROG method was because people were trying to produce a decent crop from low-intensity fluorescent tubes.

Back
Top Bottom