Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

re: Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

I learned something last night.....
THOSE ODOR-PROOF BAGS (that you see being sold)ARE ONLY ODOR-PROOF TO HUMANS. **THEY DO NOT** I repeat*** DO NOT*** WORK ON DOGS!!! [I WATCHED IT GO DOWN FIRST HAND, JUST FEET FROM ME AT THE AIRPORT]

I learned something last night.....
THOSE ODOR-PROOF BAGS (that you see being sold)ARE ONLY ODOR-PROOF TO HUMANS. **THEY DO NOT** I repeat*** DO NOT*** WORK ON DOGS!!! [I WATCHED IT GO DOWN FIRST HAND, JUST FEET FROM ME AT THE AIRPORT]

Chopper that doesn't surprise me in the least, obviously it wasn't you holding the bag. I would never trust any kind of odor-masking stuff with dogs involved. If you're ok with it tell us what happened. I've had a few things happen recently that I don't like to talk about here just in case the wrong people are watching.

I got pulled over a few weeks ago for a minor traffic infraction, the cop thought he smelled something in the car. He probably did, I had a small pipe and maybe 2 grams with me. I denied it, I told him I hadn't smoked in 25 years or longer. He says 'just so you know I'm a canine officer'. No shit, I can hear the dog going crazy in his car. I had a bag of food I was taking home, I suggested maybe that's what he was smelling?

He took my license, I'm freaking, but he came back, gave it to me, told me my record was clean and to be careful.

I wouldn't have been in any serious trouble but still....

They're now training bees to sniff out explosives. They have a better sense of smell than dogs. It's only a matter of time before they train them to detect pot imo.

I watched this test of a bloodhound before on tv. It was in a city. The guy being chased goes around the corner, gets in a cab and goes about a mile down the street and into a cafe. The bloodhound followed him no problems whatsoever. And all it had to go on was a piece of cloth the guy had handled.

So be careful out there. Too bad all this LEO time, effort and money doesn't go towards stopping real crimes.

Well I figured that the paint had cured so I decided to see what was up with the WW's.

No wonder they're struggling, I'm growing algae farms in the root zones.

I ended up transplanting all the ww's, all the ak's, the red diesel and the smallest bubblegum.

The red diesel was the only one I pulled in a green 2L and there was no noticeable algae. She's just got problems in general. All the others had lots of it. I gave their roots a good dunking in an h2o2 solution, transplanted them to their new homes with fresh perlite, gave them ph'd water with superthrive and now I hope for the best. I also swtiched the red diesel, smallest ww & smallest ak to Mater Magic just for the hell of it.

All the AG's are in green 2L's so I'm not worried about them. I have 3 large, healthy looking bubblegums that I'm sure also have algae but I'll try to get by with h2o2 and pondzyme. If the girls I just transplanted respond well I'll probably go ahead and do them too.

Took a few pics, sorry they look so bad. The bubblegums are blue, ww's orange & ak's red. I'm going to paint the yellow ones a darker color I'm not satisfied they'll keep the light out as is.

WW's in orange, red diesel in red to the right

IMAG14221.jpg

ak's - red - & bubblegum - blue

IMAG1423.jpg

the best of the bunch - 2 ag's, 3 bubs

IMAG1429.jpg

my 3 ak clones

IMAG1424.jpg

ak mother

IMAG1426.jpg

ag mother

IMAG1427.jpg

bub mother if she ever starts growing sheesh

IMAG1428.jpg

Papaya cross

IMAG1425.jpg

:peace:

i bet u were sh1ting urself when the police man took ur id and went back to his car. very scary stuff, lol. i only had one experience running into the police. me , my girl and a few friends, in england. i was driving around at night and we were smoking, just finished two joints and a cop car passed us turned around and followed. prob got 200 yards from house and they pulled me over. one cop comes up to window talked alil, then asked me to step out of the vehicle. so i got out walked to front of my car and 4 other policemen n women come out of the police van and go up to my windows talkin to friends. first cop thought he smelled marijuana, so asked other cops for second opinion. we all played it off as we were comin back from the military base, bowling, and just now heading home. some how the other cops didnt smell anything, probably quick thinking to light up cigarettes from everyone. and we got to go home and everything was good. thats my close call. i felt very lucky to not get busted. :grinjoint:

plants look great blue, good job.
with the smaller plants did u 12/12 from seed for those? ;)

Hey staffy! I was trying hard to stay calm but my heartrate was def creeping up there. Glad all we've had are close calls.

Those are all clones, I didn't let the smallest ones root enough before I put them into 12/12. Should have gone a few more days. Take care my friend.

Thanks for the info on the Root Zone, I'll check it out. If it works in all growing styles I think it would work great in hempy. I wonder if it kills algae?

I'll never use an unpainted 2L again. That was the real problem. :peace:

Hey Blue - I just googled "Dutch Master Zone algae" and found a number of different posts from various cannabis forums where people stated this helped cure and prevent algae issues for them. I can't say for certain personally since I've always used it and haven't had issues (maybe I'd be fine without it, but not gonna take that chance - if it ain't broke don't fix it!)

Sounds like going forward you've addressed the key issue by painting the bottles, but this might be something to consider for ongoing preventative maintenance...

Hey staffy! I was trying hard to stay calm but my heartrate was def creeping up there. Glad all we've had are close calls

I find the best way to survive a close call is to be as legit as possible.
Valid Drivers license
Valid registration
Proof of current ins.

And most of all NO ATTITUDE!

Sorry to hear about the alge problem, I have never ran into that problem with soil. So I can't speak on the subect but I hope you figure it out soon and get those ladies healthy.

They looking ok to me :goodluck: bro..

:Namaste:

I got pulled over when I was younger. I had a pack of rolling papers in my wallet and when I gave the cop my Driver's License from my wallet, he saw the papers. This led to a whole ordeal of me and my vehicle being searched. Luckily, I did not wind up in jail, but they did find a bowl, some CLEAN screens, and an empty bag with about 6 seeds in it. They confiscated all of it, gave me a good lecture, then sent me on my way.

Moral of the story: Don't store your license, reg, and/or insurance card where there's anything you don't want LEO to see in view! :)

hey blue hows it growing? I've been lurking on 420 for a while but never really post but I might be able to help on your watering issue. At lowes or home depot they have a drip irrigation area you could get a manifold from there hook it to your pump then attach hoses 1/4" from manifold to each bucket.Hydrofarm has a digital timer you can use to set multiple times on and off for different days or maybe find one at whichever store you go to.
very entertaining thread:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hey, Blue. Glad you sorted out your algae issue. My first attempt at growing was with a continuous drip hydro system. Worked well for me except the mfg of the setup didn't light-proof it. HUGE headache! I finally ended up going to town on it with some black plastic and duct tape but it took me a while to figure out what was going on.

Hey Blue - I just googled "Dutch Master Zone algae" and found a number of different posts from various cannabis forums where people stated this helped cure and prevent algae issues for them. I can't say for certain personally since I've always used it and haven't had issues (maybe I'd be fine without it, but not gonna take that chance - if it ain't broke don't fix it!)

Sounds like going forward you've addressed the key issue by painting the bottles, but this might be something to consider for ongoing preventative maintenance...

Thanks for all this info xlr8! There was a lot of algae actually growing on the roots, they looked like green fins or something. I left them in the h2o2 for maybe a minute, the algae was still green but I'm hoping that between that and the darkness and the pondzyme it will take care of things. I'm putting this product on my list though and when I replenish my savings I'll pick some up. :peace:

Hell Blue I know what the diagram is and even I cant read it.lol I will pm you.

Got your pm bro thanks for all the trouble you're taking for this. :tokin:

I find the best way to survive a close call is to be as legit as possible.
Valid Drivers license
Valid registration
Proof of current ins.

And most of all NO ATTITUDE!

Exactly. Don't give them any other red flags. Yes sir, no sir.

Sorry to hear about the alge problem, I have never ran into that problem with soil. So I can't speak on the subect but I hope you figure it out soon and get those ladies healthy.

They looking ok to me :goodluck: bro..

:Namaste:

Hey L1U thanks!

I've never had this before and hope I never do again. I was somewhat lax in how I taped the bottles, especially the bottoms, thinking not much light would even get down there. Apparently enough did to grow some very healthy algae colonies which then latched on to any roots in the res. :smokin:

I got pulled over when I was younger. I had a pack of rolling papers in my wallet and when I gave the cop my Driver's License from my wallet, he saw the papers. This led to a whole ordeal of me and my vehicle being searched. Luckily, I did not wind up in jail, but they did find a bowl, some CLEAN screens, and an empty bag with about 6 seeds in it. They confiscated all of it, gave me a good lecture, then sent me on my way.

Moral of the story: Don't store your license, reg, and/or insurance card where there's anything you don't want LEO to see in view! :)

Hey Mr Krip I hate when stuff like that happens lol! But on a serious note it's great advice. Don't have stuff all over the place and have it hidden.

Glad you had a happy ending too :cheer:

hey blue hows it growing? I've been lurking on 420 for a while but never really post but I might be able to help on your watering issue. At lowes or home depot they have a drip irrigation area you could get a manifold from there hook it to your pump then attach hoses 1/4" from manifold to each bucket.Hydrofarm has a digital timer you can use to set multiple times on and off for different days or maybe find one at whichever store you go to.
very entertaining thread:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hey elec6340 I'm glad you decided to make one of your rare posts here in my journal thank you!

That's a great tip I would have never though of, I'm going to check it out.

Do you have any pump recommendations?

Take care and don't be a stranger!

Hey, Blue. Glad you sorted out your algae issue. My first attempt at growing was with a continuous drip hydro system. Worked well for me except the mfg of the setup didn't light-proof it. HUGE headache! I finally ended up going to town on it with some black plastic and duct tape but it took me a while to figure out what was going on.

Hey airavata how's things? They just need tiny gaps of light to grow as I've found out. I don't expect any dramatic improvements and wouldn't be surprised by some drastic turns for the worse, that was a lot they went through today. We'll have to see.

Take care!

Looks like I won't have a journal :) I have to go away for a few in early September and I really don't want anything growing while I'm gone. with that in mind, I soaked only the Femmed Auto Freebie seeds from Attitude, and one Master Kush. The Autos should all come in by then and the MK is a quick one too. White Dwarf will come in well under 16 weeks....I put them in the towels and they're cracking already this AM. Good job Buddha and Emerald Triangle Seeds! The Medusa and the Haze from Barney's are longer plants, so I'll start them in September for an April/May cut. I'll be in dirt before sunup. So much for a journal :slide::slide: If I get the photo thing worked out, I'll toss a pic or two up here. Gotta get the PC in and get it sorted....I effed it up fooling around with video card upgrades...trying to get it to run a Flight Simulator................oooops. Good thing we have these laptops laying around. Several of 'em. One old Dell has run non stop for the last three years...running a game I play...Ikariam. hahaha.poor ol tired thing

Looks like I won't have a journal :) I have to go away for a few in early September and I really don't want anything growing while I'm gone. with that in mind, I soaked only the Femmed Auto Freebie seeds from Attitude, and one Master Kush. The Autos should all come in by then and the MK is a quick one too. White Dwarf will come in well under 16 weeks....I put them in the towels and they're cracking already this AM. Good job Buddha and Emerald Triangle Seeds! The Medusa and the Haze from Barney's are longer plants, so I'll start them in September for an April/May cut. I'll be in dirt before sunup. So much for a journal :slide::slide: If I get the photo thing worked out, I'll toss a pic or two up here. Gotta get the PC in and get it sorted....I effed it up fooling around with video card upgrades...trying to get it to run a Flight Simulator................oooops. Good thing we have these laptops laying around. Several of 'em. One old Dell has run non stop for the last three years...running a game I play...Ikariam. hahaha.poor ol tired thing

You're welcome to post your pics here anytime Chopper, this journal has a mind of it's own anyhow.

I'll be gone in November for sure and probably earlier too, and I've been trying to work out the timing already. Who says stoners aren't planners! Now good planners might be a different story :tokin::tokin:

Had a little scare this morning, went in to see if the girls were still alive - they are - and my light had worked itself free of the improvised struts I'd made with a coat hanger and was basically hanging vertically. I think I've got that tightened up and balanced better now.

My main issue with the light mover is the power cord for the light... it's big, heavy, not very flexible and it totally throws off the balance of the light. So you need something to keep the light level, which is where my struts come in. I had an option to buy hangers with the light and probably should have , but I didn't know if I'd need them. When it was stationary I didn't need them at all.

A few more crappy pics sorry this is really frustrating me too, even tried using some 65k lights.

the 4 bubblegums

IMAG1438.jpg

IMAG1439.jpg

the transplanted widows

IMAG1442.jpg

the transplanted ak's

IMAG1444.jpg

the ag's and bubs

IMAG1443.jpg

the whole happy family with their sun once again shining

IMAG1447.jpg

Okay I been lurking and reading this massive journal. This is great, very informative, well documented. I think after reading this and 420fied's journal that my next grow will be hempy. Haven't decided if I'll journal it yet or not, still have a while before my current grow is done. Probably gonna do the SoG 2L with 12-16 plants, though I guess with that few it'll be more like a PoG (Pond of Green).

Anyway keep up the good work, it's been one of the most enjoyable of the journals I lurk in. Cant wait to see those ladies when they're finished.

Back
Top Bottom