Hempy Upgrade

I think the soil makes the difference and that's why I'm contemplating coco as it will do basically the same thing.

I forget what do you use for your clones? Mine are always rockwool and they get super saturated when watering a lot which scares me.

:peace:

I picked up something called root shooters by AN at the hydro store, it's some kind of inert/sterile medium that comes already wet. It's quite firm and not soggy. They claim no gels or powders are needed and I didn't use any, just stuck the cuttings in them and stuck them in all perlite mini-hempies. All 6 took. I highly recommend them.

I picked up something called root shooters by AN at the hydro store, it's some kind of inert/sterile medium that comes already wet. It's quite firm and not soggy. They claim no gels or powders are needed and I didn't use any, just stuck the cuttings in them and stuck them in all perlite mini-hempies. All 6 took. I highly recommend them.

Currently do not clone myself but that is something I'll be getting into in the future. :)

Damn dispensaries using rockwool for the most part down where I'm at. I really don't like the stuff.

I was amazed how simple it was. I had super low rh and the temps were tough to control and they all pulled through. Never really wilted or anything, just sat there for about 2 weeks and then started growing, so that's why I give a lot of credit to the root shooters. I hope to speed up the rooting a bit this time with better environment.

Thanks for stopping by, Marley. I'm thinking I might have to pull the plug on this one though. So far, I've seen next to no signs of vegetative growth. I started acclimating them to my 125 watt bulb a few days ago. Today was the first day they got it for a full day. Maybe they'll pick up the pace, but if the growth doesn't become explosive soon, they're gone. I'm thinking they're probably just going to perform poorly forever because of the stress they were put through when I was trying to root them. We'll see. I'll post pictures if anything good ever happens.

Thanks for stopping by, Marley. I'm thinking I might have to pull the plug on this one though. So far, I've seen next to no signs of vegetative growth. I started acclimating them to my 125 watt bulb a few days ago. Today was the first day they got it for a full day. Maybe they'll pick up the pace, but if the growth doesn't become explosive soon, they're gone. I'm thinking they're probably just going to perform poorly forever because of the stress they were put through when I was trying to root them. We'll see. I'll post pictures if anything good ever happens.

These plants can do odd things. I've got two clones that I put into flower for 2 weeks. Then I decided their roots weren't ready and put them back in veg. That was 46 days ago and they have just sat there doing absolutely nothing. I transplanted them and the roots haven't done much either. It's like they're suspended. I'd really like to take clones from them so I'm trying to be patient but they better do something soon.

Hey, Blue. Those plants of yours start doing anything yet? Mine seemed to be doing nothing, then they just snapped out of it about 5 days ago and are growing pretty fast. Another weird thing happened too. The phenotypes of my two strains seem to have switched. My NYCD clones have big, broad leaves. They look predominantly indica. I don't know what that strain is supposed to be, but the mother had long slender leaves and looked predominantly sativa. The high planes clones' leaves are a lot narrower and look like they belong to a 50/50 cross, while the mother looked predominantly indica. I'm pretty curious to see what the buds will do.

Hey, Turttle. Thanks for dropping by. I thought I was going to have to chalk this one up to a failure but I didn't have the cash to buy new clones so I just let these guys hang out. I'm down to 5 that are definitely back in the game and 3 that are on the fence. Out of 15 (I think), not such a good survival rate. But the ones that are growing now are going strong. I'm glad I waited it out and I'm liking the hempy style so far.

Hey Airavata! This is now day 9 for the oldest clones and they look to be starting to generate root nubs. Some yellowing of the lower leaves which I always take as a good sign. I've got about 50 right now and only 1 from the ak looks pretty shaky, she was shaky when I took her. I've got 14 ak clones and I'll be very happy if half of them make it. If it looked like it had a chance in hell of growing I cut it lol.

That's been my experience in the past also... they sit for 10-14 days doing nothing much then start to grow.

Good luck my friend!

I've been using the Oasis wedge pre loaded trays for the last few go arounds.
They seem to work well as far as not holding too much water.

So I took a quick picture for you guys. Bad news is the damn gnats from hell are still hanging around. I cleaned the crap out of everything before I put more plants in but they found their way back some how. God I hate those bugs. :/

DSCF3356.JPG

Bummer Airavata. Are you still fighting bugs?

I'd seriously consider going and getting some OC+, toss a handful in the hempy bucket and let it do it's thing. Your nute problems will be over, and it works really well bringing sick plants back from the edge.

Back
Top Bottom