Hempy what are the pro's?

Fuzzy Duck

As far as i'm aware hempy is considored hydroponic as it use's an inert growing medium coco/perlite/hydroton etc & a small in built reserva.

Lots of people use this method with success, but i'm failing to see how they are getting any accurate readings of EC to adjust feeding/watering requirements as this is oftened done daily to keep things in check !

An accurate check from run off will be wrong or are you draining straight from reserva to check EC before applying new feeding solution, how do ya do it with a 2L fizzy pop bottle or bucket with drilled holes in it ?

A slightly confused Fuzz, any help would be useful as i'm considoring moving over to a hempy style grow system.

Re: Hempy what are the pro's ?

As far as i'm aware hempy is considored hydroponic as it use's an inert growing medium coco/perlite/hydroton etc & a small in built reserva.

Lots of people use this method with success, but i'm failing to see how they are getting any accurate readings of EC to adjust feeding/watering requirements as this is oftened done daily to keep things in check !

An accurate check from run off will be wrong or are you draining straight from reserva to check EC before applying new feeding solution, how do ya do it with a 2L fizzy pop bottle or bucket with drilled holes in it ?

A slightly confused Fuzz, any help would be useful as i'm considoring moving over to a hempy style grow system.

First, you start with your solution before feeding at the proper PPM and pH. then you feed. There are small holes in the NEAR bottom of the bottle. Feed as normal, catch the runoff, and measure PPM and pH. That will tell you what you are wanting to know about absorption and whatnot.

-->420fied has a pretty good pictorial you might be interested in.<--

-->Here is Propa Gator's take on Hempy<-- This features an easy way to measure runoff.

Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom