Heraldo's Outdoor Journal - 2016

Heraldo

First off, I'm new to posting in forums so please let me know if I screw something up (posting, uploading pics, whatever) let me know.

At the moment I've got 1 plant going (born Jan. 20).

It's from the "Buddha assorted auto mix" so I don't know exactly what strain it is. It's got a bit of purple on the leaves but it might just be because of the cold.
Growing in soil in 11l pot outside on a balcony.

Any questions/advice is welcome.

-Heraldo

I'm updating pretty much just to not end up in the abandoned journal section. It's been 5 days of pretty bad weather, so my girl has barely grown.
20160206_165441.jpg

So my girl, Buddy, is 24 days old and I can't seem to catch a break with the weather. Rain won't stop and it's really windy. It's a good thing i have this cover for my pot to keep her a bit more protected.
20160212_081540.jpg

This is what she looks like at the moment
20160212_081459.jpg

I recently started germinating a couple of regular seeds hoping to get a male I can collect pollen from early on and use on whatever I plant during the proper growing season. Not planning on doing any actual breeding, just making myself some cheap beans. Now in hindsight I'm not sure if it makes any sense... :scratchinghead: We'll see what happens

So my girl, Buddy, is 24 days old and I can't seem to catch a break with the weather. Rain won't stop and it's really windy. It's a good thing i have this cover for my pot to keep her a bit more protected.
20160212_081540.jpg

This is what she looks like at the moment

20160212_081459.jpg

looks good i like that dome you have there keep up the good !!! work:goodjob:

I recently started germinating a couple of regular seeds hoping to get a male I can collect pollen from early on and use on whatever I plant during the proper growing season. Not planning on doing any actual breeding, just making myself some cheap beans. Now in hindsight I'm not sure if it makes any sense... :scratchinghead: We'll see what happens
looks good i like that dome you have there keep up the good !!! work:goodjob:

Is there any slow growth contest I can submit this baby into? The bad weather has really done a number on her. The sun finally came out today after about 2 weeks but it was insanely cold last night (soil in my veggie garden was completely frozen). So glad I got the little dome.
20160216_130121.jpg

(Sorry about the pic. Didn't realize it was that bad until I uploaded)
Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows when she'll start to flower with such stunted growth.
As far as nutes go, I assume I should throw any feeding schedule I might have out the window and play it by ear at this point.
Any input?

Yeah play it by ear mate should not need nutes just yet mix love the power of the seed that can become a monster or even a million plants just from a seed, subbed ,take a look at my big indoor girl I started her from seed now looking at pulling 3lb off her in around 9 days b keep up the good work mate

Day 34: it's hard to tell, but I'd say she's picking up speed. This must be a snoozefest for the indoor people.

I'm pretty sure the purpleness is genetic and not because of the cold weather. Really curious about the genetics... Purple kush? an ancestor maybe?
20160222_103207.jpg

20160222_093746.jpg

20160222_081234.jpg

20160222_081216.jpg

Looks like that's the Budha Purple Kush which was my first ever cannabis plant grown summer 2014. I stunted mine also....not as early, but when the weather got better she just picked up from where she had stopped. She was a short and small girl in the end, but the smoke was superb.....

Autos don't like cold weather......

I always wanted to grow something purple also. Looks like I got lucky but my timing was a bit off.

Hey Heraldo! :ciao:

Dont know where you are but I dropped my first auto seed of the season in water this pm and they will stay under lights indoors for 3 weeks or so until night temps are consistently above 14C, which is usually mid March in my neck of the woods.

Anything that'll warm up your soil and retain the heat overnight will get her restarted - wrapping the pot up, perhaps you have some hot air being vented out from the house where you can place the pot To benefit from the warmth......just ideas.... :tokin::battingeyelashes:

Day 37 in the life of Buddy: good news is she's looking happy basking in the sun
20160225_111833.jpg

20160225_111849.jpg

bad news is forecast says there's some snow coming in on the weekend. Can't bring her inside so I'm thinking if it does snow I'll just close the ventilation thing on the dome. I think there'll still be enough airflow for her to breathe properly.

The afghan kush seed I planted finally decided to join the party. Is it just me or is it looking a bit gloomy? Maybe it's just the shellmet it's wearing...
20160225_111919.jpg

I hadn't fed the girl anything because weather is a bit on the rainy side still and I don't want to drench her and get her more messed up than she already is.
My solution: mix in guano powder at 1/4 strength of the recommended dose, hoping I'll get sucked into the soil and give her a little kickstart.
Did that make any sense or did I just waste some perfectly good guano?

Hey Heraldo!

You don't mention what type of soil mix you've got her in, but it's usually not a good idea to feed a distressed plant (and stunting is distress)
She is outside and the weather conditions sound challenging for an Auto seedling......transpiration rates when its cold and wet go down to almost a standstill, adding stuff for the roots to deal with at such a time, more often than not end s in tears. She's not stunted cos she's hungry she's stunted cos it's cold.

I know you want her to do something but you can't force the issue - let her be and when the weather improves she'll take off again.

Hope your weekend is going well.

bad news is forecast says there's some snow coming in on the weekend. Can't bring her inside so I'm thinking if it does snow I'll just close the ventilation thing on the dome. I think there'll still be enough airflow for her to breathe properly.

The afghan kush seed I planted finally decided to join the party. Is it just me or is it looking a bit gloomy? Maybe it's just the shellmet it's wearing...
20160225_111919.jpg

Sometimes you can help get the helmet off and the plant will do better. Sorry about the weather, do you have a heating pad? Maybe you can rig up something so that it will help keep it warm.

So we didn't get any snow on the weekend, just some rain.
Despite the conditions, Buddy seems to have shown some growth and I took the shell off the afghan seed. I'll post pics soon.
I use normal everyday universal soil and the dome is pretty much all I can do as far as temp. control goes. Thanks bapple and dontscrewup for the help.

Day 43 in the life of Buddy

There's not much to comment on. She seems to be appreciating the sun she's been getting the last couple of days.
20160302_110140.jpg

20160302_110153.jpg

As far as the afghan goes... well... it's alive...
20160302_110554.jpg

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom