Herm from genetic or stress? Stable crosses?

redwompaone

Hello,
I have some ladies 4 weeks into flower,

i noticed some seed pods and later a herm. i removed the herm from the bunch and havent found any more.

i noticed a small light leak from my door that has been fixed, also my new controller had a red led interface that could cause some stress.

so what im wondering,

is the ace of spade female that hermed on me, is that from stress , or genetics? or a little of both?

the ace of spades is a new strain from tga subcool. ive spent alot of time picking mothers and took cuttings and flowered for 4 weeks to deterimne the sex.

so on that note,

should i keep the resulting seeds from the other non herm plants? or would they have also the same herm traits.

Or ive heard tga uses unstable strains that have a high probability of turning herm.

so should i can the ace of spades all together or could i have stressed it to herm?

theres also royal haze, qrazy train, harliquin, amethyst, and gods gift in the room. so far none show signs of herm just unfortunatly pollination

Does anyone know if a "nanner" looks like a seed pod at early formation? i see a bunch of pods below the dying pistil but im wondering on some if its not a nanner bout to pop.

Ive never had a herm before or anything close to this problem.
been growin for about 3 years and have tried many diff strains.

thanks guys!

Re: herm from geneitc or stress? Stable crosses?

I dont think you can stable cross a herm, maybe it got the recessive gene from the parents?? or maybe light cause I heard that can cause it not to flower properly and with you putting it on different light cycles maybe some sort of stress happened. Look up breeding maybe that can help if I havent.

Re: herm from geneitc or stress? Stable crosses?

It's my understanding that hermies are caused from stress even during vegging and light leaks in flowering. The plant doesn't know if it's suppose to start flowering or stay vegging with a light leak. I never heard of them coming from genetics but who knows, anythings possible. The good news if its true is that hermie seeds are all female; gotta double check that though. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom