hi all

pyro74

hi all just thought i would say hi from australia . new grower in the process of setting up room 5ft x 2ft 600w . any help and ideas would be appreciated:thumb:

Hello, pyro74, and welcome to 420Magazine.com.

600 watts of HID lighting? That should be sufficient illumination for most strains, at 60 watts per ft.² - but I wonder if the ends of your grow room will receive appreciably less than the middle, since your space is significantly longer than it is deep. Will you be using a (short) light-rail type light mover to help ensure even distribution of illumination? If not... Have you observed your reflector's illumination pattern by setting it up over an open floor and looking at the size - and shape of the pattern of light on the floor when the reflector is at various heights? That could be very helpful, assuming that the dimensions and shape of your grow room are not already set in stone.

Hello, pyro74, and welcome to 420Magazine.com.

600 watts of HID lighting? That should be sufficient illumination for most strains, at 60 watts per ft.² - but I wonder if the ends of your grow room will receive appreciably less than the middle, since your space is significantly longer than it is deep. Will you be using a (short) light-rail type light mover to help ensure even distribution of illumination? If not... Have you observed your reflector's illumination pattern by setting it up over an open floor and looking at the size - and shape of the pattern of light on the floor when the reflector is at various heights? That could be very helpful, assuming that the dimensions and shape of your grow room are not already set in stone.

hey and cheers
no i havnt yet and was thinking of bringing it back to 4 x 2 and adding a veg part at the end .:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom