Hi everyone

Welcome to the forum.

you came to the right place for questions. Lots of knowledge on here.

glad you share our passion.

as others mentioned pics and more details surely help.

silver
Hi again, things going good again thanks for all your help, was wondering what you thought about topping, F.I.M and natural, I normally top or fim I found if I top then in the early stages of veg I trim (as little as possible) the leaf that grows over the branches underneath and it seems to sort of fim, letting the lower branches think they are at the top and catch up to the two mains, I have a 1.2mx1.2 floor and am trailing 9, 12 or 16 pots, I try get an even canopy at about 60cm up from the pot, I cant go much higher with the set up I got, what would you recommend for him top or natural and number of pots

Good to hear that they’re looking better, unfortunate about the gnats, get some sticky traps, hang them above the plants and put a few in the top of the soil near the bottomS of your plants. :thumb:
Hi again, things going good again thanks for all your help, was wondering what you thought about topping, F.I.M and natural, I normally top or fim I found if I top then in the early stages of veg I trim (as little as possible) the leaf that grows over the branches underneath and it seems to sort of fim, letting the lower branches think they are at the top and catch up to the two mains, I have a 1.2mx1.2 floor and am trailing 9, 12 or 16 pots, I try get an even canopy at about 60cm up from the pot, I cant go much higher with the set up I got, what would you recommend for him top or natural and number of pots

I’m a topping kind of a person. Maximize your total yields by topping the main branch and getting 4/6/8 or more main colas! :thumb:
Yea same with a small space I like to get a even canopy and have as many mains at top without having lots of plants, cheers for your input just trying to find out the general consensus

Hi RoyC. Welcome, I'm new here also.

I'm am certainly no expert by any means but check out quadlining. It might suit your needs. I'm going to give it a shot on my next grow.
The Quadsquad Thread, A Community For Quadlining
Cheers for that, your right that will suit my needs perfectly, I'm definitely going to try that, I struggle with getting short node spacing, getting long heads like that, maybe the strain helps but hopefully that method might help with that as well

Was wondering if you guys knew if I went from 16 to 9 plants and was going to up size the pots from 6ltr to 13ltr in coco and in 1.2x1.2x2m tent, was having a look in the forum and seen 1 gallon per foot of plant, my height normally about 60 cm so that be about 7.5 liters, I've already got the pots, went with wider but same pot height so to not restrict plant height, what happens if you use to big in coco?

Hi all was wondering if it's good to run light 24 7 in veg instead of 18 6, the person that taught me said they get enough sleep in flower lol

Hi all was wondering if it's good to run light 24 7 in veg instead of 18 6, the person that taught me said they get enough sleep in flower lol
Hiya RoyC, you can do either in veg, it's a personal choice thing that you can experiment with. I personally go 18/6, always have, so a bit of a habbit. Also 18/6 saves a little electricity.

It’s a personal preference. I run 24/0 for young seedlings. Then switch to 18/6 when the cotyledons pop out. I’ve run 24/0 I’ve run 20/4 and I’ve run 18/6.

18/6 has to be my favourite. Some believe plants grow the most in there night time schedule. There night time schedule is just as important to a plant, then the lights on schedule. But again, it’s a personal preference :thumb:

Hi all trying the quad linings method didn't quite turn out like his but first go, just in 2nd week flower and done the last lollipop was wondering if I went overboard with the trimming still experimenting with it, I just tryed to get the tops light from leaves and got rid of anything that was low and probably wouldn't get light, I went a little extra on a couple just to see, didn't take a b4 photo tho thought about it afterwards lol but they were bushy as, filled up about half a 20ltr bucket with what I cut off and had been constantly trimming through veg to keep what I wanted in the light, any advice good or bad be great thanks, also what week is end of stretch on a 8 week for example?
20200421_205546.jpg
20200421_205644.jpg
20200421_205554.jpg
20200421_205619.jpg
20200421_205628.jpg
20200421_205710.jpg

I just read your watering post, lots of good info, I only recently started checking ph just learning it really, just have a little tube thing that ya put runoff or feed water in then drip stuff in and it change colour but it hard to tell exactly what colour the water is to the chart tho
pH is one of the most, if not THE most important things in growing. A good quality digital pH meter and adjusting your water / nutrients will save you from so many problems that new growers face.

Hi everyone, I've been trying to research about cutting leaf in flower stage but still not sure how much I can if any, they are abit over crowded, my fault, I've been taking leaf of that has been covering other potential mains through out whole grow till 2 week into flower but I'm jst a bit cautious in flower, I've heard it can make the plant grow more leaf and makes leafy buds? I'm in week 5 now, I think these one have long flower phase, would like to get abit light to the slightly lower mains and get abit of air in the middle, any thoughts or links would be very much appreciated, cheers
Thet got little bit more crowded since these pics
20200512_194749.jpg
20200512_194637.jpg

Back
Top Bottom