Home Built Stealth Closet because buying on the street is just to damn risky

that water cooler looks just like the set-up I just replaced on my liquid cooled pc. the pump on it went out so they sent me a new one complete with new radiator and fan $75 from my pc manufacturer. new I kept the old one around for something :) suppose one could just mount the radiator w/o the fan on the intake and let the exhaust fan pull the air threw?

that water cooler looks just like the set-up I just replaced on my liquid cooled pc. the pump on it went out so they sent me a new one complete with new radiator and fan $75 from my pc manufacturer. new I kept the old one around for something :) suppose one could just mount the radiator w/o the fan on the intake and let the exhaust fan pull the air threw?

It is based upon water cooling for PC's but uses a larger 10 amp peltier chip to cool the water and a larger reservoir for the water to flow through. But it is also designed to cool up to 30 Gal of water. But at the heat that a PC can create a water cooling system sure could work for a 5 or 10 Gal reservoir. I chose this one because it has a way to set the temp and I wanted to keep my reservoir at 67 with no fluctuation.

"The lesson learned is understand the environment of the area you will be growing in and what you will need to do to correct that so as to provide the best conditions for the plants."

True That!! good quote - thats the money maker right there

Reservoir Health

When doing DWC I found that reservoir temp is important. Optimum temp is between 62 and 68 degrees F with 67 being the temp that holds the most dissolved oxygen. Also "Pythium typically thrives in oxygen-poor (anaerobic), warm (75-85 F), and poorly circulated nutrient solutions". My initial idea was use a cooler and that would help keep the temp steady, but I found that if the water warmed it helped keep it warm. I then was told about Hydroguard to protect the roots which helped tremendously, great stuff if you are doing DWC use Hydroguard and the beneficial bacteria you will not regret the money spent. Though I now knew my root rot worries had been mitigated I still wanted to provide my plants with the best amounts of oxygen possible so I invested in a water cooler. I chose one that is based upon a peltier chip instead of some form of refrigerant it also has a way to set the temp that I want. I fount that the cooler combined with hydroguard and the bennies produced great growth and massive roots. PH is also greatly important, improper PH and your plants will not absorb all the nutrients. Invest in a PH tester and calibrate it at least once a month, and test your reservoir at least every other day, this will help you to understand how your plant is using nutrients and stave off issues before they become problems. While the PH will change it should not have large changes but slow incremental changes. If you find that you have large changes the direction will help to determine what is happening in your reservoir.

Lesson learned: The reservoir is the life blood of your grow, understand it keep it healthy and check it often and your plants will reward you.

Back
Top Bottom