How do I determine a female sex plant from a male?

sexs.jpg

hope this helps!

9 days in flowering, ihave 3 females i know!i have one im not sure, how long do i have be4 i contaminate my babies!thank you!!! New at this just got my card, please help!

Great info, the pics just help me identify the 3 males out of 6 bag seed plants before they did any damage to the girls! Many thanks!

thanks //almost have all figured out!!!!!! sour d!!!! 4 oz. thanks!!!!

Hey Lynxx, looking good! I determined which were male plants by seeing the "balls" (sacks of pollen), mostly near the top of the plants. I don't see any on your plants yet. What stage of growth are your plants in?

hehehe sweet.. well I don't know exactly what stage their in, they were in just paper towels for almost a month, under horrible light for almost a month, and well for two months now they have been growing a formal closet and under cordial lighting for two months now. They stand aprox. almost 3' tall. planned on putting em into pickle buckets in the morning, cause well I was just able to invest into some medium of a decent caliber. so I believe their in their 2nd satge, and their 3months old. how the looking?

They look healthy. And I think I see some signs of female on one of your pics. Take another look at the pics up the page before yours. Pics of male plants are the one's to pay attention to. The pollen sacks will show up, if you have any males. Watch for them.

I'm on my first grow, too. This site is the best place to learn. Good luck to you.

well thank you. I do appreciate the advice. I hope to learn from here, I did learn the most so far from this site., researching at least a couple dozen, seeking advice on how to salvage my diminishing harvest. like I said , I put em through hell. almost a month under nothing more then a 20-watt 12" light, a month fending of an invasion of fruit flies, finding a way to keep em warm... anyways. thank yo for your input. I have been looking and comparing to the pics above, I just can't tell. hoped to hear a second, or even a third opinion. I'm glad to hear they look impressive to someone, other then just me.

I was in the same position you are in now, the past two weeks, so I understand how you must feel, being uncertain. My plants are at 6 weeks from germination, 2 weeks into 12/12, flowering with CFL's. It was last Monday, at 5 weeks, when I finally was able to identify the males. Your plants appear to be a bit behind where my plants are now, in terms of development. So I think you have some time before the males, if any, show their pollen sacs. How long? It is difficult to say. Be vigilant, you will find them.

Hopefully others will share their opinions, as well.

well sweeeet!!! I have been checking em, they do look more like fems.... But my worst fear is that they end up as hermie's... lol well anyways I was goin to transplant em today, and grow em another month or two, then put em into flower... well thanks for the advice, and I look forward to talking to you again soon.

i'm a noobie as well and was wondering. if still in the vegetative state will those little sacs in the picture above grow into leaves? i have some that look like that and others that did but grew into leaves. thanks in advance.

Ok so I too need help

Is this a male or female? (the very tall one)
IMG_05226.JPG

also Im hoping this is a female but since it is my first grow i want to be sure
IMG_05257.JPG

IMG_05215.JPG

Back
Top Bottom