How do I determine a female sex plant from a male?

males! junk!!

Thanks everyone. I've been on 12/12 for about a week now and there is definitely some stuff happening. all the photos and advice really help, but when it comes time to pull the the lads out, I hope I make the right decision! :-D

Hey guys I sowed few seeds I got from stash I scored few months ago..Anyhow prior to sowing I had no knowledge about marijuana this site has been of gr8 help.
This is the outcome. I'm wondering whether it is male or female.
vt0o.jpg
lhn6.jpg
xu7g.jpg

This ones growing for like 3 months now.....

dennise i am no expert but i think once a plant gets mature it can show preflowers,
that is usually after at least 5-6 weeks i think and i am not sure they all do this
if they are not auto then its pretty much up to you, you can force sexing anytime by using a 12/12 schedule
in a few weeks give or take after you start this 12/12 you should see signs of the sex
people do sometimes go straight to 12/12 they just get a much smaller result but can still make at least one nice cola
anyway hope i helped and take care

That helps a lot. Thank you. I think I am going to do the 72 hour dark then go to the 12/12 when growth dictates. Don't have a very big grow space so it shouldn't be to hard to know when to start. Keep your fingers crossed for me and your help is very much appreciated. :thanks:

What 72 hour dark thing? :lot-o-toke:

When does the earth stop rotating? :lot-o-toke:

I will go completely dark for 24 to 72 hours (still reading to find out how long I want to go) then turn the lights back on for 12/12 with 2700K LED. Is this not a good thing to do??? If you have any suggestions as to a better way I am more than willing to listen. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Newbie does not begin to describe me so anyone with some experience that wants to take this poor indoor dirt girl and help her out will be greatly admired and adored. Just sayin' :reading420magazine:

Hey guys I sowed few seeds I got from stash I scored few months ago..Anyhow prior to sowing I had no knowledge about marijuana this site has been of gr8 help.
This is the outcome. I'm wondering whether it is male or female.

vt0o.jpg
lhn6.jpg
xu7g.jpg

This ones growing for like 3 months now.....

sorry cant tell with your photos

Hi Stoner! If I can ever stop long enough to figure out how to load pics on here I have some I would love you to take a look at if you don't mind. It will be 3 weeks tomorrow and I think they are beautiful but I sure would feel better if someone that has done this before said they looked OK...........:adore:

Hi Stoner! If I can ever stop long enough to figure out how to load pics on here I have some I would love you to take a look at if you don't mind. It will be 3 weeks tomorrow and I think they are beautiful but I sure would feel better if someone that has done this before said they looked OK...........:adore:

once you add the pix you can start a quick journal or thread

i never have used your idea about the darkness but many people do
but then again i am a newbie as well, still much for me to learn

one thing you need to consider is there is a growth spurt when you start the 12/12
they can double or triple in height with a quickness
male or female they look healthy so you are doing a great job for a first timer
keep up the good works and take care

Thanks. I don't know if they are male or female yet. the height they get is not my problem. The closet goes up 7 feet but I am going to have to replant today or my roots are going to get bound up and only 3 of those pots are gong to fit in the closet so I have 3 babies I am going to have to figure out a place for until I can get the sex on them. I know I posted the pics but now I can't find them. Where did you see them???? Blonde to the roots I am!!! :peace:

Back
Top Bottom