How do I determine a female sex plant from a male?

well we will do what we can to turn this plant around,

ill have to read back from page 1 to get a better idea of whats going on, the only methods ive used to grow is soil and dwc so the method used in this grow is not what im used to dealing with.

ill try and find someone who uses this method as they should be able to give some better advice, but if the plants 4 weeks old then you should really only be 2 weeks away from flipping it to 12-12, so it should be a fairly decent bush by now,

so im thinking the problem is with the root zone, either its not getting enough nutes, or its getting to much nutrients,
the other issues could be root temp, if the root temp is getting to high because of the lights then this can affect and slow down growth.

always remember the roots need oxygen as much as they need water, if i grew my plants in dwc but didnt have an air stone in the bottom of the pot then the roots would die and the plant would not grow, so using air stones means the roots are getting more oxygen than they need, this is why hydro and dwc is the fastest way to grow, hydro is giving the plant as much nutrients and oxygen as it can take so the plant grows much quicker, i know my dwc plant grow nearly twice as quick as my soil grown plants so i start my dwc plants a couple of weeks after i plant my soil grown plants as i know they will catch up pretty quick.

so if your root zone is constantly wet or to wet then the roots are not taking in the oxygen it needs, ive i overwatered my soil grown plants then my plants would look how yours looks, it wouldnt exactly die but growth would be none existant as the roots cant take in the nutrients it needs, so maybe how often you water and for how long needs looking at, let me see if i can find someone who can help.

the plant looks to young to show sex just yet, it should be a big bush at that age, either it has some genetic issues or their is some problem with the grow which is more than likely something going on with the roots.

a female will throw out 2 white hairs at the nodes, if you look on the main stem you will see 2 thin green spikes, you will also see these along the branches when it has any, just behind these 2 green spikes it will either grow a female calyx (seed pod), this will then throw out 2 white hairs, these 2 white hairs are telling you the plant is female.

if its male something slightly different happens, at the same part of the plant you will see a cluster of balls if its male, some grower think they have a male if they see 1 ball behind these green things, but it could just be the calyx growing before the white hairs(pistils), so its best to wait until you 100% sure of sex before you decide what to do with the plant, but a male will grow a cluster of balls that look like tiny grapes,
so if you see cluster of balls then its male, if you see 1 ball then it could be either male or female so it will need to be grown longer until it shown sex properly,

so 2 white hairs(pistils) at the nodes then you know its female,
a cluster of balls is clear proof its male,

Thankyou, it was started in soil and after transplanting to clay and increasing humidity I am getting results, which I figure would imply the roots may have been waterlogged.

unnamed11.jpg

this is the step im up to

SOMEBODY HELP PLEASE??
Will PH 'downing' every day effect plants or irrigation system etc? I am using ice blocks to cool my nutrients to 22c, which seems to raise my PH levels overnight by almost one unit. Is there any other factors that may be raising my PH levels so rapidly other than the ice blocks? Also, would adjusting the PH in the water blocks before freezing be effective?

SOMEBODY HELP PLEASE??
Will PH 'downing' every day effect plants or irrigation system etc? I am using ice blocks to cool my nutrients to 22c, which seems to raise my PH levels overnight by almost one unit. Is there any other factors that may be raising my PH levels so rapidly other than the ice blocks? Also, would adjusting the PH in the water blocks before freezing be effective?

when you say ice blocks are you referring to actually blocks of ice? if so, try using frozen water bottles. helps me.

To me it's too early to tell sex by the pic above. I'm not as seasoned as some of these other growers. How long has it been flowering?

Then post the other pics.. We'll see what we can do. What light set up do u have? Not sure if 10 days is long enough to determine sex under anything less than hps

Back
Top Bottom