How do I determine a female sex plant from a male?

sorry about the male plants .Its my first grow in florida. Its too hot here. learning how to harden plants. I have two females growing. Going to learn how to clone hopefully. Starting from seed takes a long time. I am hoping to get some good strans and start my own seed bank.

Your more than welcome to check out my journal in my signature. I try and keep it perpetual and just harvested 2 of my girls and also just popped several beans and the journal goes through 2 complete grows now. The first being my very first grow with lots of mistakes but a good end result due to the help from the peeps on 420. The last 2 girls I harvested I did do some LST on and I am quite proud of what they did but in my grow now there are both clones and seeds and you can see in my journal what they are doing....
How can 13 degrees be good for your garden? Isn't that a lot tooo cold?.........:circle-of-love:

Hey ethic41, I can't really see the top pic, the other 2 look like females. try to take close up pics, especially when asking for help.

So this was quite informative, but a bit complicated :Namaste: I have 5 plants that are auto and feminized and one Amnesia haze with no sex determined. If it grows to be a bad male, will it affect my girls? Will the grow seeds? Or are the genes developed not to give seeds?

So this was quite informative, but a bit complicated :Namaste: I have 5 plants that are auto and feminized and one Amnesia haze with no sex determined. If it grows to be a bad male, will it affect my girls? Will the grow seeds? Or are the genes developed not to give seeds?

Yes if ur AH does end up being a female the. Yes he will pollinate ur females. The AH would grow seeds and the pollinated auto fems would hermie. Keep a close eye on the AH. And remove it once u see any indication of it being a male(round/oval sacs). Good luck

If your regular seed Amnesia Haze does become a male you will have to remove and kill the plant. If your Amnesia Haze does become a male and is not removed then all of your female plants will become seeded.

Hi guys,
I'm a first time grower and i'm suspicious about my plants sex, would be great if you could help me :)
My setup is a closet, with 5 plants, 250W high pressure, soil is really made for this (i bought in some cannabis shop), the temp is always 28C, 12/12 light. Nutrients i have bio products: Cannacure (for bugs), root simulator, and biovega for veg stage (all from BIOCANNA), and i'm panning of buying bloom for flor stage, if you have some good products on mind just say it. :welcome:
II'm not sure if is a male or female, it has hairs, a bunch of them but there is balls aswell.
Some people say to take it but, i dont want to mess with the plant grow and is more things to smoke.. they will not produce seeds right? :O the balls will be empty right?
I really need some help here pleaseeee :420:

I have some questions:
Why is there some of then with the double size?
And what do you think, are they growing well and healthy? or fast?
Oh yeah and the biggest plant has some leafs with 6 leafs and anothers have 4 (i dont know how i call the leaf of the leaf xDD:icon_roll), why and his this a problem?
And in one pic you see that the first leafs that come out are going yellow and falling, his this normal? 0.o

It's a royal bluematic from royal queen seeds feminized, auto-flowering, it sprout at 1st of may.

Thanks so far!! Peace!

My plants.

My setup

Biggest plant

This are the first leafs turning yellow

Is this a male or a female with this balls?

Thanks so far!! Peace! :thumb:

Hi guys,
I'm a first time grower and i'm suspicious about my plants sex, would be great if you could help me :)
My setup is a closet, with 5 plants, 250W high pressure, soil is really made for this (i bought in some cannabis shop), the temp is always 28C, 12/12 light. Nutrients i have bio products: Cannacure (for bugs), root simulator, and biovega for veg stage (all from BIOCANNA), and i'm panning of buying bloom for flor stage, if you have some good products on mind just say it. :welcome:
II'm not sure if is a male or female, it has hairs, a bunch of them but there is balls aswell.
Some people say to take it but, i dont want to mess with the plant grow and is more things to smoke.. they will not produce seeds right? :O the balls will be empty right?
I really need some help here pleaseeee :420:

I have some questions:
Why is there some of then with the double size?
And what do you think, are they growing well and healthy? or fast?
Oh yeah and the biggest plant has some leafs with 6 leafs and anothers have 4 (i dont know how i call the leaf of the leaf xDD:icon_roll), why and his this a problem?
And in one pic you see that the first leafs that come out are going yellow and falling, his this normal? 0.o

Is this a male or a female with this balls?

1) Males and good females will grow taller then the rest of the same strain from the same seed batch, this alone does not determine that a plant is a male.

2) I would need to know how many days old your plants are, how tall they have grown, how many nodes they have and under what light source.

3) most strains of cannabis will show multiple bladed leaves that may start as low as 3 bladed and as most as 11 blades. As the plants mature they should develop more blades on the newer leaves.

4) Your yellowing leaves appear to be from nutrient burn. What is the medium that the plants are growing in, what nutrients are you using and how many millilitres per gallon?

5) Can you take some close up photographs of the area you have circled for the plants in the 5th and the 8th photographs?

1) Males and good females will grow taller then the rest of the same strain from the same seed batch, this alone does not determine that a plant is a male.

2) I would need to know how many days old your plants are, how tall they have grown, how many nodes they have and under what light source.

3) most strains of cannabis will show multiple bladed leaves that may start as low as 3 bladed and as most as 11 blades. As the plants mature they should develop more blades on the newer leaves.

4) Your yellowing leaves appear to be from nutrient burn. What is the medium that the plants are growing in, what nutrients are you using and how many millilitres per gallon?

5) Can you take some close up photographs of the area you have circled for the plants in the 5th and the 8th photographs?

Hello Thanks for the help so far ;) But most of the answers are up there..

1) I know that, i was just saying that one is taller than the other ones, and asking why.

2) they had the 2 first leafs at 1st of may, the taller has about 90 cms, 2nd taller has 60cm, the rest has 40 cm from soil, the nodes some of then have more and other less, taller: 26 and the rest has less, like the 2nd has 20, and the rest 16 (something like this i suppose), they are under a 250W high pressure light, a fan and one extractor with filter.

3) ah ok, i always thought that the perfect leaf was 5 blades and all of them should be look like it, but thanks for the lesson :D

4) For watering i dont have a schedule i always put water when i see that is almost dry the upper soil, and is always put something like 5ml for a bottle of 2 litres with water, and i do this for every plant.

5) sorry no, i'm taking pics with my phone and when i try to get close it looks worst, i'm afraid thats the best i can do. but those balls are exactly like the photo number 6 and 7.

I believe that your plants are growing well. Are you pH adjusting your nutrient mixture? You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil. Are your plants in soil or a soiless (peat moss and coco coir) medium? I do agree that the 2 photographs I have highlighted are abnormal looking for female cannabis plants.

Here are a male and female cannabis plant

Male_Female_Cannabis_Plants.jpg

Here is the female pre flower

The_Early_Female_Preflower.jpg

Yeah my Ph is looking good, is around 6.5. This is what says on my description soil bag "Bio-Bizz All-Mix is unlike anything you would find in a garden centre. It contains an effective blend of soil (20%), compost (35%), worm castings (10%) and Perlite (30%) as well as a special 'pre-mix' (5%) of biologically active organic ingredients that have been fermented for a month to create a potent mixture"

So what do you think? Do i have a hermaphrodite plant?

I am not able to see the areas at the nodes well enough to determine what the abnormal looking growth is in your 2 photographs I highlighted. If the areas that you have highlighted in your photographs are producing round clustered growth then I would agree that your plants are hermaphrodites.

Back
Top Bottom