How do I determine a female sex plant from a male?

I forgot to add the pics........
DSC0164910.JPG
DSC0164810.JPG
DSC016476.JPG
DSC016439.JPG
DSC016444.JPG
DSC016458.JPG
DSC016426.JPG
DSC016415.JPG
DSC016409.JPG
DSC016329.JPG
DSC016337.JPG
DSC016365.JPG
DSC016356.JPG
DSC016343.JPG
DSC016377.JPG
DSC016387.JPG
DSC016395.JPG

Need a bit more info and I will try and help. If I cannot I will try and find someone who can. What are you growing, what kind of soil, are you using nutes, what kind of lights do you have it under? What are your temps and humidity? How many hours dark/light?

18hrs on for grow, clay balls,no nutes yet, temp 30 celcius, humidity ruff 60%. under 600w grow light, started outdoors, had confirmation today is a female!! grow rate very sloooooow......????????

Looking for advice on flow rates for watering (15 minutes on per hour with a 1200L/h pump). Also any advice on recirculating the watering solution? I am draining it all at the moment, but feel I may be wasting nutes. What are your thoughts on draining back into the reservoir? (concerned that ph and ec will be unstable and cause need for much more maintenance, such as constantly adjusting ph and ec. )
any advice is highly appreciated
cheers

18hrs on for grow, clay balls,no nutes yet, temp 30 celcius, humidity ruff 60%. under 600w grow light, started outdoors, had confirmation today is a female!! grow rate very sloooooow......????????

I don't honestly see how anyone could tell you the sex but it is very possible they know something I do not. I will see if I can get you someone over here to give you some good advice. I'll be back....:Namaste:

i am no expert but here is my thoughts

its definately not growing and and should be a small bush at the least by now
be ready to hear some people saying you need to scrap and start over
if you have no other choice or just really want to save this i suggest starting a journal or just put a post in the faq or growers threads
this will get you a lot more attention
it doesnt look like it is getting good root growth and that is usually a medium type problem
i am not familiar with your watering technique and wonder if it might be soaked too much
my first thought is to transplant to fresh medium,at the very least a good flush
let it dry completely before adding water again, need some nutrients for veg, high in nitrogen
start it at half strength of what the recommendation on the bottle of nutes is for next watering
not much help i know but we got dennise and perhaps an elder will chime in as well
hang in there
good luck and take care

Can you please take some photographs of your grow area and your plant? You want from 20°-30° Celsius and 50%-70% humidity for vegetative growth and 30%-50% humidity for flowering. How high above your plant is your light reflector? How old is your light bulb? Are you using a Metal Halide light bulb or High Pressure Sodium light bulb? What are you adjusting your pH to? What are you adjusting your ppm to? What nutrients have you given your plant? What strain is your plant and how many days of flowering until harvest? What type of hydroponic system do you have? What is your watering cycle?

Now in the process of transplanting to clay medium and reducing the feed, will have photos and more details to run by you all as soon as possible.

the plant looks to young to show sex just yet, it should be a big bush at that age, either it has some genetic issues or their is some problem with the grow which is more than likely something going on with the roots.

a female will throw out 2 white hairs at the nodes, if you look on the main stem you will see 2 thin green spikes, you will also see these along the branches when it has any, just behind these 2 green spikes it will either grow a female calyx (seed pod), this will then throw out 2 white hairs, these 2 white hairs are telling you the plant is female.

if its male something slightly different happens, at the same part of the plant you will see a cluster of balls if its male, some grower think they have a male if they see 1 ball behind these green things, but it could just be the calyx growing before the white hairs(pistils), so its best to wait until you 100% sure of sex before you decide what to do with the plant, but a male will grow a cluster of balls that look like tiny grapes,
so if you see cluster of balls then its male, if you see 1 ball then it could be either male or female so it will need to be grown longer until it shown sex properly,

so 2 white hairs(pistils) at the nodes then you know its female,
a cluster of balls is clear proof its male,
if you search how to sex cannabis then you will find lots of pics that will help you,

now plants only show sex when their fully mature, this is usually around week 6 of veg under 18-6 light schedule, but under 24-0 it could take longer and sometimes wont show sex until you are in flower.
i find the plant is usually 6 nodes high when it shows sex, i also find indicas show sex around week 6 from sprouting and sativas around week 8 to 10 depending on sativa strain.

i cant help much with the growing medium as its something ive never used, if it was soil then i could help you sort out what was wrong, you migh find its just poor genetics and if thats the case then the plant will not recover, ive had to give up on a strain in the past as me and other growers had the same genetic problems with a certain strain about 2 years ago,

Back
Top Bottom