How does super cropping work?

Chase420Davis

I've seen visa and I get the jist of it but I still don't get it because some people super crop these massive plants and they are in veg ,but what turns into buds? If you top it the super crop those 2 tops how does the plant form buds? Any help or knowledge on this is well appreciated because I'm a beginner.

Sent from my Z963VL using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Super cropping is simply bending the stems until the inside "snaps" but doesn't break off. Then that stem is now close to 90 degrees or parallel to the ground as compared to standing up towards light. Then whatever is exposed to the light at/or near the bend will grow taller.

The idea is that our plants will send more energy UP towards the highest part of the plant. If all is even then they get more even amounts of nutrients, energy, growth etc... this concept is really amazing IMO and I've tried a mainline technique with supercropping up top to even out the canopy. There are stems below the bend that grow just as thick as the stem that I bent and it started off as a little wimpy stem.

Hate to say it but also google or search the thread for super cropping. TONS of great info and videos online.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you're asking.
My question is how do I super crop my plant to have a more even canopy. All I have ever done is top my plants and it grows 2 tops out. So if I top and then super crop those 2 tops is that how it's done?

My question is how do I super crop my plant to have a more even canopy. All I have ever done is top my plants and it grows 2 tops out. So if I top and then super crop those 2 tops is that how it's done?

Find the spot that will put the tall branches even with the rest of the canopy. Pinch the stem really hard and bend it down until it "gives". At that point is will stay where you put it, or even sag down a little. Now let it heal. Repeat with other branches as needed.

420-magazine-mobile1632671954.jpg
ok so the point of supercropping is to give the lower branches time to catch up to the main stems so that they all get equal light kind of a scrog
420-magazine-mobile267405741.jpg
as generic as this is I feel it gets the point across. Also some people who have height restraints use sc as a way to keep the height of the plant down in my journal somewhere I'd say in the first 10 pages (that's last years grow) are examples of this

Ohioboy can't stop!! Ohioboy With Fast Buds - Let's See How Fast Exactly

420-magazine-mobile1632671954.jpg
ok so the point of supercropping is to give the lower branches time to catch up to the main stems so that they all get equal light kind of a scrog
420-magazine-mobile267405741.jpg
as generic as this is I feel it gets the point across. Also some people who have height restraints use sc as a way to keep the height of the plant down in my journal somewhere I'd say in the first 10 pages (that's last years grow) are examples of this

Exactly what I needed because my plants look like this after I top
420-magazine-mobile1709063432.jpg
and always grow these two tops. so when I found out about super cropping and I see people demonstrate with these absolutely rediculious sized plants for veg that look like they have already had a technique used on them. I'm like tf do I bend tho but I got you now. and I'm assuming these plants I see in videos are auto flowers just because of the size? im just growin a few to smoke so I got a crap ton of seeds and been practicing with seedlings so I'm going to test alot of these methods just to see if I can do it.

Anytime you make your plants grow horizontal it makes your secondary growth branches become main colas so if you were to stake down that plant to one side the entire plant 1-2 inches from the soil all the branches will turn up to the light creating looks like 6 secondary's plus the two mains coming from your top so you would have 8 main colas instead of 2 like you have now. Then once the two mains have grown vertical 3-4 more nodes top each both mains and bend again then you've got 16-20 main colas

Back
Top Bottom