How long should the vegetative state go before going to flower?

james7344

420 Member
First time growing this wonderful herb..I have have three wonderful looking AK-47 plants. My question is how long in this vegetative state should I go before low stress training. My plants are on day 28. Actually how long should the vegetative state go before going to flower ?

veg time is '100%' dependant on the size of the flower space. a flowering plant will about double in size.

simple calculation,, no calculus necessary,, tho a bit o geometry is useful.. :volcano-smiley:

I usually start LST between day 10 to 14.

Length of veg is totally up to you or how big your space is.
I usually go for 8 weeks, thats two plants in a 2.5x5x9 space which pretty much fills that space completely by then.
8 weeks is also about the time the roots need to mature to give you big strong sticky buds.
Thank you very much...I appreciate that info my friend..

I usually go for 8 weeks, thats two plants in a 2.5x5x9 space which pretty much fills that space completely by then.
Right, it really is up to the growers style of grow.

I do it different.
I plant rooted clones in a one liter container .. they live there for 30 days.
By then they are about 18 to 24 inches tall, I take the top off for clones for the next turn, and put them in 5 gal smart pots and flip the lights to 12/12.

We net 'em, and they spend the next two weeks stretching and bud setting. I put nine under each 1000wt gavita. Harvest in 60 to 65 days.

That's how I do it.
There are many roads to Nirvana.

I don't know what LST is but you can veg as long as you want to. But remember bigger roots bigger shoots. You want to be in +5gal container to flower in soil or you will struggle some going down the stretch to harvest. Not the best time to struggle.

Water more than you think you should and you will see how large they get.

Back
Top Bottom