How Much Kief To Use In Butter?

Has any tried the instapot method? How much do I need I see some posted 2 grams per lb but then some say 24 g per lb? I am trying this for the first time so any clarification would be great I want strong edibles but I dont want them to taste like flower. is Kief the best way to acheive this?

Has any tried the instapot method? How much do I need I see some posted 2 grams per lb but then some say 24 g per lb? I am trying this for the first time so any clarification would be great I want strong edibles but I dont want them to taste like flower. is Kief the best way to acheive this?
Just decarb the kief and try 1/8 tsp on some peanut butter.. then you can just sprinke the dose into your food after cooking and good to go. Very little flavour of flower

I use 5 to 6 grams keif per pound. Keif is about 40% thc, that's roughly 3x stronger than flower/bud by weight. As for the method, I've tried many ways and my favorite is using a sous vide cooker. The max temp on the cooker is 194°, this makes it foolproof. You cant get to hot, ever, and you dont need to endlessly stir your butter. Set it and forget it. I cook for about 4 to 5 hours. Sous vide cookers are really cheap now also. I picked one up for 42bucks at Walmart, it works as good as any sous vide that cost twice as much.

I have been cooking with kief for 5 or 6 years now for my patients who for one reason or another prefer not to smoke. Some of them have little-to-no appetite at all. I have refined my recipe over the years.

2g keif
1lb unsalted butter
cheesecloth
mixing bowl

In a deep skillet, slowly melt four sticks of butter until completely liquid. Wrap cheesecloth around the mixing bowl, seal with rubberbands. Slowly pour melted butter into mixing bowl. This is called clarifying the butter, getting rid of the white froth on top of the melted butter. Throw away cloth. Return butter to skillet. Sprinkle kief into butter. Stir constantly for 45min to an hour. The butter cannot burn! The infusion is complete. Now, pour the melted butter over cheesecloth one more time. Pour into molds (optional). Leave in refrigerator over night to set.

That's it.

About the potency. Your butter is very well medicated as kief is exponentially stronger. Play around with it. Your butter is far more potent now.
Do you decarb the keif first?

Do you decarb the keif first?
Always. Though if you're going to use butter, it's easy to decarboxylate in the butter. About 90min or more in a simmering double boiler. Just don't let the pot boil dry.

Personally I would not waste good kief in edibles when you can use plain old weed and get the same results. In my not so humble opinion :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom