Kief Butter too strong?

Sctanley007

Took the afternoon off and was looking to make something. I had some kief unused 1.7 g worth. I decarbed it and cooled. Melted 3 sticks of butter and added the kief whisking till dissolved and off heat.

I’ve never made butter before let alone using kief. Is this going to be too strong? How much of it would I sub for butter?

I’m not a lightweight but would also like to enjoy the rest of my evening and will probably be using it in various dishes cooked for meal time.

I don’t normally use it except to sprinkle some on top of a bowl if the bud is weak.

I were looking to make cookies mostly, maybe toss some cooked pasta with garlic butter, crushed red pepper basil and cheese. Grilled cheese.

I’ve had medicated cookies before and know to go easy. Actually cookies were my first experience with cannabis as a medicine (never used it prior) to fight anxiety and withdrawal symptoms from years of heavy alcohol use when I stopped drinking on September 2, 2017. Without cannabis I would be dead or dying by now.

Off my soapbox now.

Cookies!!!!

Personally I dont think it will be near strong enough. IMO 1.7g may be good for 1 stick but even that may be weak depending on what you make with it. I have used decarbed wax/dabs many times. I usually figure 100mg+ of wax per dose using 80-90%thc wax. I.E. if 1 stick of butter will net me 10 cookies for example then I would use 1 gram of wax per stick minimum to get a 80-90mg thc dose. Usually I go quite a bit over that though. I think you should have made 1 stick.

Back
Top Bottom