The secrets of cooking with Cannabis

ABBOT

THE SECRETS OF ADDING CANNABIS
In this section we will discuss the various methods of infusing cannabis into recipe- ready cannabis products. Let’s get started. First, let’s take a look at the marijuana you intend to use; is it free of molds? Brick-weed or other bud with mold on it is not a good source for cannabis edibles. In-fact it could make you sick, especially if you already have a compromised immune system. Second, look closely for any foreign materials such as, dirt, insects, pollens, and spider webs in fresher, outdoor cannabis. All foreign materials must be removed before using in recipes.
LIQUIDS & BUTTER

1. WATER
To make green water you will need the following:
1. 2 4 Quart Pots 2. Two 2 quart drink pitchers 3. A pile of cannabis stalks and/or stems 4. A fine mesh strainer or coffee filter 5. Water

1.Fill both of the 4 qt. pots ¾ of the way with the stems and stalks. They should be layered to fit as many as possible, but not necessary.
2. Now, fill one of the pots with water just over the stems and place on the stove. Set the stove to low and simmer until almost boiling (about 10-15 minutes).
3. Turn off stove and let cool down.
4. Now, pour the boiled water into the second pot.
5. Add more water as necessary to just cover the fresh stems and throw away the boiled stems.
6. Set on stove again and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until almost boiled.
7. Turn off stove and let cool.
8. Use your strainer and pour the water into the 2-2quart drink pitchers. Now you have 2 pitchers of green water or tea ready to be used in any recipe you need water for! The green water will keep in the refrigerator for a week. Those of you who wish to make your water extra potent can repeat steps 4-8. Use your water to make Ice Cubes, Kool-aid, etc.

2. MILK
You will need the following: 1. A half-gallon of whole milk 2. A 4-quart pot 3. A pile of stems and/or stalks or, 1/4oz of quality cannabis, or, 1-½ grams of kief /hash 4. A fine mesh strainer or coffee filters 5. A funnel

1. Layer the stems in the pot to fit as many as possible, ¾ full. If using buds or hash/kief, skip this step.
2. Pour milk into the pot, and place on the stove.
3. If using buds or kief, add to the milk now
4. Set the stove to very low and simmer for 30-45 minutes, stirring often to mix evenly.
5. Turn off and let cool.
6. Place strainer or coffee filter inside the funnel and set on top of milk container. Now pour the milk into the strainer .(pic) If you used kief, it is not necessary to strain the mixture. Your cannabis milk will keep in the refrigerator until it’s use-by date is up. Use in any recipe calling for milk, or by itself. Use your imagination!

3. OILS
You will need: 1. 2 and ¼ cups of extra virgin olive oil or other quality oil. 2. 25 grams of shake and/or bud trim, OR 7grams of buds, OR 2-3 grams of kief/hash. 3. A fine mesh strainer 4. A small container with a lid 5. A medium sauce pot.

1. First, pour oil into sauce pot and place on the stove.
2. Now, pour and stir in the shake, buds, or kief/hash.
3. Turn on stove and set to very low.
4. Simmer for twenty minutes, stirring often. Do not let boil. Boiling burns the THC and makes the oil taste awful.
5. Turn off stove and let cool.
6. Pour oil through strainer into container with lid and place in refrigerator. The oil will keep for 6 weeks. Use as you would regular oil in recipes.
*To use stems for this recipe they must be of high quality, and relatively fresh. No brick (dirt weed) stems.
1. Fill up your pot with your stems, as many as possible, breaking if needed.
2. Fill your pot with oil, just covering the stems.
3. Turn on stove and set to very low.
4. Simmer for 15 minutes. Do not let boil. Boiling burns the THC and makes the oil taste awful.
5. Turn off stove and let cool.
6. Pour oil through strainer. Throw away used oily stems.
7. Repeat steps 1 thru 5. Use new stems! Repeat 1 thru 5 agian if extra strength is needed.
8. Pour oil through strainer into container with lid and place in refrigerator. The oil will keep for 6 weeks. Use as you would regular oil in recipes.*

4. BUTTER
There are many different ways to make green-butter. I will explain the method that I use. You will need: 1. 1 pound of quality, high-fat butter. I prefer to use whipped butter. 2. 25 grams of shake, OR 7 grams of buds, OR 2-3 grams of kief/hash 3. One medium sauce pot 4. A frying pan or skillet that will fit the pot in it. 5. A fine mesh strainer. 6. A small container with a lid

1. Put the frying pan or skillet on stove and add 1inch of water.
2. Put the sauce pot into the frying pan/skillet. (A crockpot on low will work fine)
3. Place the butter in the sauce pot and turn the stove to low.
4. Stir until butter is melted.
5. Now, stir in the shake, buds, or kief/hash.
6. Turn stove to very low and simmer for 15-20 minutes, being careful not to let boil.
7. Turn off stove, cover pot, and let sit for 2-6 hours, or until butter hardens.
8. Turn stove on again to very low.
9. Simmer until melted, then turn stove off and let cool.
10. Pour butter through mesh strainer into container with lid and place in refrigerator. Green butter will keep in the fridge for about 2 weeks or the freezer for longer. If it has gone bad, it will have small black mold spots.

Thank-you.
Yes that is in a section called "FLOUR" which i didn't finish yet. But it is basically the same method you discribed.

Great info. I use green butter a lot when making my desserts. It isn't hard to make either and thats almost as much fun as eating the results! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thank you. You must take your "tea" and add milk and/or honey or use it to make juice or any beverage of substance, this will allow your body to absorb the thc. This has been tested and approved by literally hundreds of medical marijuana patients in California. Not trying to sound snoby, it is just the truth. But you are right, if you drink plain tea you will feel mostly nothing:)

Your welcome. Looking forward to the "Flour" portion.
Thanks for sharing.
:smokin:

I am not sure about that one. Lets see if anyone has a reply for you. I will try and find out in the meantime, ok?

How much trim do you put into a lb of butter. Have the trimmings of 8 plants, this includes leaves and trim from buds. Not sure how to do the conversion.

If the trim sticks out above the water and butter mix, then you might have too much. Or you may need to add some more butter and or water to raise the level. I try to make sure that all my stems and leaves, etc are covered. Just dont bring to a rolling boil as this may burn the THC. Hope that helps you out.

FYI alcohol is not a binding agent for extracting the THC either. It works essentially the same as water. The most effective way to extract THC, imo is by using butter or oil which binds the THC and allows the extraction.

FYI alcohol is not a binding agent for extracting the THC either. It works essentially the same as water. The most effective way to extract THC, imo is by using butter or oil which binds the THC and allows the extraction.

Ur right Alaska Lady THC binds to fats, but alcohol is a GOOD agent for extracting THC. Not sure about the science behind it and too lazy at this point to look it up, but yea I disagree with that portion of your post. If that's the case explain firewater, no fat in there.

I guess I need to check what that process would involve. I haven't heard of any success with that unless your talking about extracting for another reason? And, NO, I can't explain firewater either! ;)

I guess I need to check what that process would involve. I haven't heard of any success with that unless your talking about extracting for another reason? And, NO, I can't explain firewater either! ;)

Look into how tinctures are made, same principles involved.

Ur right Alaska Lady THC binds to fats, but alcohol is a GOOD agent for extracting THC. Not sure about the science behind it and too lazy at this point to look it up, but yea I disagree with that portion of your post. If that's the case explain firewater, no fat in there.
I agree with the fact that alcohol is a very effective solvent for marijuana's resin and THC molecules. Water on the other hand is totally ineffective as a solvent, and merely provides an environment of moist, nondestructive heat and a melting medium for the butter which absorbs the THC. In an alcohol bath, the THC molecules are first liberated and absorbed by the alcohol. The alcohol then cooks almost entirely away and passes the active THC over to the butter, which absorbs completely. As the alcohol gradually evaporates, the THC becomes increasingly concentrated in the butter. It also has a brighter green color and stronger smell than if you used water. The greatest advantages of using alcohol to extract THC is that it is more POTENT than using water.

Also you can choose any high proof alcohol, such as ruma nd vodka. And no the rum flavor does not seep into the butter. Overall, the butter is more potent and ideal for cooks that can masterfully alter the smell or taste with other spices.

Just makes sure if you use alcohol as extraction method, to use a electric stove or a hot plate as alcohol is high flammable and to use a double boiler.

:cheer:

Hey, Thank you guys for this thread. I realize this was from months ago. This answered a lot for us. Our edibles have been real good as far as potency. Working on taste and keeping potency. Thanks again y'all.

Back
Top Bottom