How much NPK is 13% Potassium Silicate

Cant find a nutrient thread anywhere so I'm posting it here, I have a bottle of potassium silicate I've been using from a company called cannamax.

Its supposed to be 50% pure and works like a son of a bitch.

There is no NPK ratio of potassium on the bottle. All it says is 13% potassium. How would I figure out the NPK ratio of that.......0-0-13?

Your npk rate would depend on your solution (mixture). I use Pro-tekt at the recommended mix it's 0-0-3.

The use for potassium silicate as a foiler to strengthen plants and help leaf surfaces (waxy layer) to thicken to protect plants from pest and disease. I also use horsetail ferns in my soil mix and foliar on a tea, it's also high in silica.

"works like a son of a bitch."

How can you tell??

"works like a son of a bitch."

How can you tell??
The only thing I did diff from this grow compared to last grow is add silica to the equation.
My plants grew 30% bigger, stronger, heavier and greener in 3 weeks than my plants did in 4 weeks with no silica.

I dont foliar feed. I mix it into my nutrients and water the pot.
Silica, calmag, micro, grow, bloom in that order.

Cannamax instructions at .25 ml of potassium silicate per litre of water.

That equals 4.5 ml per 5 gallon pail of water

If my RO water starts at 6.7 ph
I add 6 ml of ph down to bring my ph to 3.6
Then I add 4.5 mls of potassium silicate to bring it back up to 6.4
Then add rest of nutes and I end up at 6.3

Cant find a nutrient thread anywhere so I'm posting it here, I have a bottle of potassium silicate I've been using from a company called cannamax.

Its supposed to be 50% pure and works like a son of a bitch.

There is no NPK ratio of potassium on the bottle. All it says is 13% potassium. How would I figure out the NPK ratio of that.......0-0-13?

50% pure? :rofl: but 13% potassium? So it's half water and 37% what else then?

50% pure? :rofl: but 13% potassium? So it's half water and 37% what else then?

50% pure silica not potassium 13% potassium.
And I said SUPPOSED to be. Didnt quote as gospel. Found it on this thread it's why I mentioned it.
And since I dont know how to calculate NPK ratios from an elements percentage its whybu made the post. Your guess is as good as mine. My plants seem to love it whatever it is.
Screenshot_20200413-171056_Chrome.jpg

Potassium silicate isnt a growth hormone so larger stronger plants wouldn't be the reason from its use.

Your evidence is anecdotal.

Silica is big in our world for sure but doesnt make bigger plants.

I go easier with it in flower. I'm an organic soil grower here dont like excess potassium in my soil. It can have a negative effect on the soil microbes and root exudate.

Potassium silicate isnt a growth hormone so larger stronger plants wouldn't be the reason from its use.

Your evidence is anecdotal.

Silica is big in our world for sure but doesnt make bigger plants.

I go easier with it in flower. I'm an organic soil grower here dont like excess potassium in my soil. It can have a negative effect on the soil microbes and root exudate.
I fully disagree with your statement but I appreciate it's your opinion.
All the scientific studies done with silica say otherwise. All the forum growers and cannabis forums would disagree as well. 95% of all statements match the one below.

How to Use Silica In The Cannabis Garden - Dude Grows

And this is just a few of 100s of pages a out the subject

Silica reinforces the plant cells from the inside out, strengthening the cell walls that help the plant build thicker stems to be able to bear the weight of the buds. The thicker cell walls produce bigger stems and branches that can absorb and transport water and nutrients more efficiently, resulting in faster and more extensive growth.

Your opinion would be the first time I've heard silica doesnt grow bigger faster plants.

Doesnt have to be a growth hormone for the plant to benefit.

Silica isn't a growth hormone. What I said. Thats not an opinion.

Yes it strengthens cell walls and why I foliar it on the leaves more so in VEG than flower.

Doesn't make plants grow bigger, growth hormones or PGRs do.

As mentioned there's more than 3x the amount of Potassium in this product. Its the excess Potassium that can be a problem for my soil as it can build up and I re-use my soil and why I do not add any to my soil.

My soil mix has plenty of silica in it already I dont need to add any to my soil mix. I foliar it on to strengthen the waxy layer of the leaves (thicker cell walls) to help protect from pest and disease.

But hey @MackMurder use it up. I'm in this for the long haul too much of a thing can be too much in most cases. Something I've learned over the years.

Its the potassium brother thats the issue not the Silica.

I use silica without the Potassium in my soil mix. There are special micro-organisms that break down the natural SILICA in soil at the root zone. Too much Potassium in the soil slows down that natural process. This is science.

Silica isn't a growth hormone. What I said. Thats not an opinion.

Yes it strengthens cell walls and why I foliar it on the leaves more so in VEG than flower.

Doesn't make plants grow bigger, growth hormones or PGRs do.

As mentioned there's more than 3x the amount of Potassium in this product. Its the excess Potassium that can be a problem for my soil as it can build up and I re-use my soil and why I do not add any to my soil.

My soil mix has plenty of silica in it already I dont need to add any to my soil mix. I foliar it on to strengthen the waxy layer of the leaves (thicker cell walls) to help protect from pest and disease.

But hey @MackMurder use it up. I'm in this for the long haul too much of a thing can be too much in most cases. Something I've learned over the years.

Its the potassium brother thats the issue not the Silica.

I use silica without the Potassium in my soil mix. There are special micro-organisms that break down the natural SILICA in soil at the root zone. Too much Potassium in the soil slows down that natural process. This is science.
Your in amended soil. I'm in peat moss.

I agree with you in regaurds to to much P in ammended soil. Too much p and k also disrupt the symbiotic relationship of mychorizhea fungus in ammended soils.
But I'm growing in pro mix hp. Just peat moss. I have no silica in my substrate. And last grow I fed NUTE NUTE WATER. this grow with added silica NUTE WATER NUTE WATER so I'm actually giving my plant less potassium or equal to last grow.

Silica isnt a hormone. And I never once said it wasBut it makes.your cell walls bigger. Bigger cells. Bigger branches. More nutrient uptake. Means a bigger Plant.

bigger cell= more nutrients and water can travel
More nutrients = more growth
More growth = more photosynthesis.

Thats science

Science isn't "dude grows" just an observation.

Here's some "science" on Silica. Notice not much mention on larger growth but lots of mention of how helpful it is with regard to biotic and abiotic stress. What I said in the first place.
Not trying to argue here. The science is what it is. I just follow it! And trying to pass on a little knowledge. Take it for what it is leave it or not. Its not changing.

Uptake system of silicon in different plant species

Science isn't "dude grows" just an observation.

Here's some "science" on Silica. Notice not much mention on larger growth but lots of mention of how helpful it is with regard to biotic and abiotic stress. What I said in the first place.
Not trying to argue here. The science is what it is. I just follow it! And trying to pass on a little knowledge. Take it for what it is leave it or not. Its not changing.

Your advice is in regards to amended soil
I'm in a soiless medium.

Our grows are not the same.

Your in amended soil. I'm in peat moss.

I agree with you in regaurds to to much P in ammended soil. Too much p and k also disrupt the symbiotic relationship of mychorizhea fungus in ammended soils.
But I'm growing in pro mix hp. Just peat moss. I have no silica in my substrate. And last grow I fed NUTE NUTE WATER. this grow with added silica NUTE WATER NUTE WATER so I'm actually giving my plant less potassium or equal to last grow.

Silica isnt a hormone. But it makes.your cell walls bigger. Bigger cells. Bigger branches. More nutrient uptake.

So I fail to see how this isnt an indirect growth hormone.
A tiny back street of nutrient uptake as opposed to a superhighway......

We could discuss what causes bigger shoots and bigger roots.

Its not silica by and in itself.

Yes thicker stems and thicker cell walls are helpful for sure to make your plant stronger.

Plant size is going to be mainly genetic. Then you can try and coax a little more out of her in a perfect growing environment.

I grow in organic soil. I mix my own. Grow in 7.5 gal pots and I need to super crop most of my plants by the 3rd week in flower.

You're growing in basically a soil-less medium. I'm no expert with that process. I would guess you need both a lot of potassium and silica on a daily basis.

I say silica doesn't make your plants bigger or make you have bigger "dank nugz" - there's other ways to get there. Gotta start with genetics and work your way to the holy grail keeper and dont forget to take cuts!! lol

I grow in peat moss/ perlite. I’ve never seen silica increase the size of my plants. It does make the stems more wiry. Just my experience, not a scientist.

Yeah I cant attest to that.
Heres a picture at 28 days in veg last grow. Same parameters accept
(Nute-nute-water)
(No silica)
Screenshot_20200413-190533_Gallery.jpg

Heres a picture at 28 days in veg this grow
Same parameters accept
(Nute-water-nute)
(Added silica)
Resized_20200411_120102.jpeg

My exhaust fans, heaters, automatic humidity and temperature controllers are all the same.
I defoliate the same
I water the same amount every time

I only grow strains with VERY HIGH YEILDS and HIGH THC in their genetics and 8 WEEK FLOWERING periods and only INDICAS so that's the same.

I use a mixture of cmh and leds on both grows. This grow the cmh bulbs are actually more wore out due to longer use.

The plants in the added silica picture are sweet zombie 100% indica

3 plants in the no silica are also sweet zombie

Like i said. EVERYTHING IS THE SAME accept for silica.

The evidence is plain. And I'm not a scientist either. I just believe what my eyes tell me, and what 90% of everyone else agrees with in regards to silica.

Bob youe statement contradicts itself when you
You said silica is not a reason your plants grew bigger.

If a plant has no silica in it thanks to my medium

Then u add silica
And it makes bigger cell walls within the plant including plant tissue.

Then by default a bigger highway within the plant allows it to carry more nutrients and nutrients

More nutrients and water increases growth rates and size

Bigger size and bigger leads and branches means more photosynthesis which is a growth hormone.

It cannot be any more plain than that. And that's not my opinion. That is science tho.

Your amended silica and amended silica and potassium and growth rates are irrelevant to my precise situation and parameters.

But I 100% agree with what you said in regards to amended soils, silica, and potassium. .

Attachments

• Resized_20200411_120059.jpeg
    Resized_20200411_120059.jpeg
    903.4 KB · Views: 122
I haven't contradicted myself. I gave you the science. Have at it.

If you think silica is the reason your plants grow larger great for you.

It's just not science, its opinion. All I'm sayin, all I've said, all I'm going to say.

Now if you were to say the same thing after you watered in like you're doing and you added in say kelp tea along with what yer doing then I'd be all ears since kelp actually has a bunch of growth hormones or PGRs and lots of other goodies.

Like this, these plants are in the lights. Cant get bigger indoors. And they both are super cropped.

20200413_200628.jpg

20200413_200601.jpg

I haven't contradicted myself. I gave you the science. Have at it.

If you think silica is the reason your plants grow larger great for you.

It's just not science, its opinion. All I'm sayin, all I've said, all I'm going to say.

Now if you were to say the same thing after you watered in like you're doing and you added in say kelp tea along with what yer doing then I'd be all ears since kelp actually has a bunch of growth hormones or PGRs and lots of other goodies.

Like this, these plants are in the lights. Cant get bigger indoors. And they both are super cropped.

20200413_200628.jpg

20200413_200601.jpg

U never gave me science. You gave me YOUR opinion. You said your plants did not grow bigger due to silica..whether indirectly or directly. That's bro science.
You never showed me a paper saying silica does not grow bigger plants.
Show me a paper proving silica does not grow bigger plants and that will be science.

In the extensive scientific article bleow with many studies, links below scientists says were still unsure just what parts silica plays in regards to plant growth and needs more study.

And theres this one in direct relation to SI and cannabis

#####
Silicon application can reduce chemical stress induced by nutrient toxicities or deficiencies. Si can also help prevent water stress by protecting the plant during excess transpiration that occurs during water stress or low light conditions. Plants given supplemental Si have shown increased rates of photosynthesis and more rigid stems and leaves (Figure 2).
#########
(Si have show increased rates of photosynthesis, photosynthesis is when your plant turns food to chemical energy, the faster rate it does this the faster and bigger your plant grows)
THAT IS SCIENCE BOBBY not an opinion.

But if bob of 420 magazine know more than published scientists? ......... Maybe you should publish your work and enlighten the rest of the world Is all Im saying and will continue to say on the subject.

And yes the sea kelp thing very good stuff. Been reading up on amino acids in relation to overall plant health and growth.
Very exciting stuff.

Plants look frosty. Very nice

I posted a link to some science up there ^^^

Here it is again:

Are you reading what references you're posting??

You posted a scientific source that said influence of Si on plant growth "needs more study"

Then you posted a write up from a company that sells silica products. That's not science that's MARKETING.

Do you work for one of these companies that sells silica suppliments??

Back
Top Bottom