How much will I yield

AceOfSpades

Ok so im vegging with a MH and using Humboldts verde grow, Flowering with a HPS and using Bloom Booster.I have 11 Granddaddy purple clones all a foot tall.Im going to transplant them into three liter bottles, let them veg for another two weeks then flower. This is only my second indoor grow so any suggestions or comments would be gladly appreciated. The space im growing in is 2 feet wide, three feet long, and five feet up. All the elements needed are in balance and the plants are doing great.Thanks

A lot about yeild depends on genetics, light, nutes and method of grow. This is a vague but common question. I typically like to stay away from this question. Grow, collect data, and repeat the process. This is the best way anyone can answer this question. Others have different opinions. I suggest checking out grow journals that used the same strain and growing methods to get a better idea of what's possible. To get to journals click here>Grow Journals - 420 Magazine :peace:

That is a tight space to grow that many plants that size. I anticipate u run into problem with space, heat an humidity. Those plants are gonna get hella bigger in flower. At least twice the height they are now. U may wanna consider a plan b flowering space. I suggest spendin the $ and get a grow tent or search the threads for a DIY flowering room/grow room. Lots of good stuff in our forums. Le me know what U come up with.

Now u got me thinking because I have no money and this is the only space I can grow.What should I do cuz ive put a good amount of time and money into this.I should have done more research before I started this whole thing

I agree that 11 is going to be a lot in that small space. I'm not sure how you're even going to fit them all in there!!! I think your best bet would be try low stress training to keep them at a reasonable size. Look around on the forums for lst or on the net and you should get an idea of how to do it if you're not familiar with this technique. Not only will it save you space, but it should increase yield. Good luck on the grow.

if you are unable to use a larger area then i suggest that you dont grow them for the extra 2 weeks and get them under 12 hours now. as that will stop them growing quite as big. but sounds like you still could be cramped in there.

Ace, I hate to tell you, you're walking into a virtual catastrophe. Dont even veg with the MH, just go straight into flower. And I hate to say it, but you're probably going to have to ditch 6-7 of the clones if you want them to get the light they deserve. Take into account ventilation, heat, and the room you will need to let them get to full flower.

This is a picture of my grow taken last night. I have the EXACT same area you do 2x3 except mine is about 6' high. This is 3 plants, and the hood is maxed out to the top of the area, with 2 more weeks still left to go. So imagine what yours will look like with a foot less of room. Oh, and I started the flowering just a bit over 1foot, about 30 days vegging once roots took.

cDSCN1227.jpg

Thank you all, you guys have helped me out a lot. Im going to start flowering them tomarrow because I still have to transplant them.Ill keep you guys up to date on wats going on.Thanks

Ace, faced with less room than you describe, I train the four main branches of my plant by carefully pulling them down using long pipe cleaners (craft supply shops), followed by circling the branches around the pot as they grow. This not only I solved the space problem, but also allowed equal light for the buds growing around the perimeter, and in the middle of the plant. Easy, and cheap fix.
wk13a711.JPG

Someone suggested I edit my post, warning of plant breakage, and mold.

I assume a level of common sense from the reader, and to use common sense when executing solutions suggested by myself, or the other contributors.

As far as mold. Not an issue using the method for tight space as I described.

Someone suggested I edit my post, warning of plant breakage, and mold.

I assume a level of common sense from the reader, and to use common sense when executing solutions suggested by myself, or the other contributors.

As far as mold. Not an issue using the method for tight space as I described.

That some 1 was me. Think about when U were new to growing. Had some1 suggested that u use intermediate and advanced techniques in ur 1st grow it has the potential to get overwhelming fast. U might be some kinda of genius, most people I've encountered aren't. As humans its easy to forget how we got to where we are as time goes. To u some of these thing may come as second nature. Just looking at ur screen name "Oldskool" suggests u got some years under ur belt in life and perhaps growing. If u pay attention to the demographic of this site mostly early to mid twenties. Just starting out in life for many, as well as growing. I said that to say this, I was suggesting that we collectively try to keep this simple for the sake of the person who we are trying to help. As far as common sense goes, if don't understand this. I have no response for u in this regard.

Ace I wanna keep this as simple as possible for u until u learn the basics (of growing) 1st if u don't mind. I want u to have the best grow possible. That's a hell of a strain ur workin with. Any more questions post them or u can PM me. Good luck Ace. :peace:

BWC, granted you have a point that a person using LST should be aware of mold and stem break. I dont think thats ANY of our "duties" on this site. Oldskool just planted the seed, and if Ace wants to move that direction there is nothing preventing him from looking up the multiple sources in the FAQ section as well as internet searches or simply asking in another post. Its better to assume these people as competent thinkers that can benefit from advice, otherwise no growers would give advice because it would be like talking to a brick wall.

Off that note, I wouldnt use that method Ace for the setup you have. The size of your current plants already, you would be able to fit MAYBE 2 plants with LST, they would take up too much room, and that could certainly cause mold up against the walls where the leaves are packed together. Just hook up you ventilation, light, and maybe even a trellis/scrog grow like I am using in that picture. This method allows trimming the lower area for air flow, while spreading your top plant evenly to get the best light. 4 maybe 5 plants in your size area... and good luck

Ok so im vegging with a MH and using Humboldts verde grow, Flowering with a HPS and using Bloom Booster.I have 11 Granddaddy purple clones all a foot tall.Im going to transplant them into three liter bottles, let them veg for another two weeks then flower. This is only my second indoor grow so any suggestions or comments would be gladly appreciated. The space im growing in is 2 feet wide, three feet long, and five feet up. All the elements needed are in balance and the plants are doing great.Thanks

Containers will be too small to finish with. You will need at least 1.5 square feet for each of those plants if you flower now let alone 2 weeks from now.

Cant speak on yield sorry, have no idea.

I agree that 11 is going to be a lot in that small space. I'm not sure how you're even going to fit them all in there!!! I think your best bet would be try low stress training to keep them at a reasonable size. Look around on the forums for lst or on the net and you should get an idea of how to do it if you're not familiar with this technique. Not only will it save you space, but it should increase yield. Good luck on the grow.

LST is great for managing height but works against you in areas where footprint is an issue. Since the plant mass has to go somewhere when you lst instead of vertical it grows out horizontally. SO LST is not always the best solution for area restriction when talking about a lot of plants.

The best way to force a grow where you have many plants in a small area is to go SOG not training or topping. Just flower quick and early and shoot for a area full of single cola spires.

I still think 2 x 3 is just way too small for this though. For example.. I am doing 12 plant in a 4 x 4 area with about 10 inch plants at start of flower. Not sure yet if I'll be over crowded but I do know its going to be tight.

BWC, my deepest apologizes. To be honest, mold didn't cross my mind when I submitted a solution that's worked for me.

Im using a 400w HPS/MH, Im not sure what brand cuz i got it from a friend about a year ago and it doesnt say on the ballast or hood.Also how do I post pictures,and what are some good organic nutes for big flowers

Back
Top Bottom