How To and Use Organic Tea

KamadoKing

I am very new to this to the point that I do not yet have a growing setup, or even any seeds for that matter, although they have been ordered. While I await the arrival of the seeds I have been reading, reading and reading and, quite frankly, I am more confused about how to go about this than before I started. What I have decided from all my reading is that I want to grow in soil and go organic.

With regard to the organic aspect I have read the post by ledtester in his "A top nutrient study" and have decided I would like to use the Earth Juice line of nutes following his schedule, at least as a place to start. In reading his post he states that it it best to make a "tea" out of the various nutes before applying them to the plants. Can someone explain how to make this "tea" and how it is then applied.

Slow down, keep it simple 1st... source your organic medium, plant the seed when u get it-- personally i dont think 1 tea fits ALL situations, YMMV--
so you will have to learn about the tendencies of your specific strain(s), soil amendments, micro-organisms & nutrient N-P-K ratios of your individual ingredients, as you will be compounding everything into a teabag which sits in aerated(bubbling) water a bit b4 use...
& if your outside get ready for the bug war as you'll b inviting em' to sit/eat/breed on the shitwater tea u jus made... use teas to either drench or foliar feed(dilute for foliar spraying)...

Thanks for the reality check. I have a tendency to over think things, and I think this is no exception. After reading a few more of these post I have concluded that I would probably be better off sticking with a Fox Farm (or something similar) approach and leave the organic approach until after I have had at least one success. Any suggestion for nutes along that line? I plan on getting a premade stealth grow box (still researching that one also) with LED lights. Never grown much before so I need to make this as simple, and hopefully, foolproof as possible.

Back
Top Bottom