Buds grown at 36 "
IMG_119317.JPG
IMG_118923.JPG
IMG_119118.JPG
IMG_119516.JPG
IMG_119417.JPG
IMG_118717.JPG
need I say more?

Hi Harley, thanks for the pics on the 36" distance from led.
They look great!
You may have covered this already on the thread, if so, sorry!
If you would please, tell me...
When did you start with that distance? From seedling, clone,veg, flowering?
What light are you using?
What strain?
How long have you flowered these for?
Thanks in advance!

Hi Harley, thanks for the pics on the 36" distance from led.
They look great!
You may have covered this already on the thread, if so, sorry!
If you would please, tell me...
When did you start with that distance? From seedling, clone,veg, flowering?
What light are you using?
What strain?
How long have you flowered these for?
Thanks in advance!

I started at 48" from seedlings and let the plants grow to the light much as Jon705 does I have 2 SS440's from California Light Works
I grew Grand Daddy Purple and Blue dream and I just harvested after 8 weeks of veg. I just about killed my plants half way through flowering them I added some FF nutes to an organic grow (not a good idea) and destroyed the root system. I am going to do another grow sometime after the new year but I will stay with the organic nutes from T&J all the way.

Thanks Harley!
I really, really like those Solar Storms you have, they perform very well not only on your grow, but in other reviews I've looked at.
Based on reading your previous posts I think you are very pleased with them too, right?
I did not have the budget for CLW's (otherwise I would have for many reasons), so I ordered the TopLed's 96x3 reflectors.
My needs are quite small, personal use, and after reading much, I feel they will be adequate and an improvement over my cfls at lower wattage and temps.
Ebay'd them for $220 shipped...expect them in about 10 days.

:thumb:Thanks for the tip on the positioning, I see how that makes sense and is very little work, wow! cool!:thumb:

I would like to go organic myself, but being a newb with cannabis, I'd like to get a few harvests under my belt with this DWC's (easy as hell) just to get a feel for how these wonderful plants develop.

I had some trouble too, with my grow (my first; surprise!), I vegged too long for a cfl grow, about 6 weeks (foot tall plants) and right before flower I had to yank them due to paranoia, and then I switched them from soil to DWC. Total veg, 8+ weeks...
It's a miracle they made it! They are hardy little buggers, aren't they...

I uploaded some pictures yesterday to show, but they must be under review still, because they don't show on "my pictures" or on the gallery yet.
Once they do I'll share them with you guys, they are Herbie's GHSC ChemDog in week 5 of flower. I just trimmed one of the lower (frosty!) buds to sample, and it's quick drying in the sun outside (90%F right now!), wrapped in a paper towel.
I can tell you when I peeled it of the stem it was VERY sticky and smelled great (candy/pine/kush) .
If my leds do better than this I should be very pleased myself indeed and save money! $Kasshiiing$

Anyway, Harley, thanks for sharing, I know you are looking forward to a great harvest by the looks of it,

Enjoy! :Namaste:

Here's a link with some photos of my ladies in an LED oriented forum, if you wanna see those pics, just look for my handle on the thread there Babalao ? View topic - Intro and LED positioning question, among others.

Hi mate, very new on the scene and ist try is leds, my friend is a bit weary about leds as thinks they cant match hps for the heat the plants need, also he mentioned that my plants take a long time to dry out so dont need watering often which he said means you cant get anough nutes in?, he suggested another form of heating with the leds to dry out the pots but I have found nothing on any led grows to suggest this, I am on 3rd week of flower with a dual bloom flower switch 3 watt bulbs and it does not put out hardly any heat, small tent is only .5 x .9 and 1.5 high I did have 3 plants in it but cut down to 2 as not a lot of space. Can you please give me any advice please.

Hi mate, very new on the scene and ist try is leds, my friend is a bit weary about leds as thinks they cant match hps for the heat the plants need, also he mentioned that my plants take a long time to dry out so dont need watering often which he said means you cant get anough nutes in?, he suggested another form of heating with the leds to dry out the pots but I have found nothing on any led grows to suggest this, I am on 3rd week of flower with a dual bloom flower switch 3 watt bulbs and it does not put out hardly any heat, small tent is only .5 x .9 and 1.5 high I did have 3 plants in it but cut down to 2 as not a lot of space. Can you please give me any advice please.

LEDs do put out some heat I ran my grow room at 78-79 degrees with just the light from the heat as far as watering I used air pots and watered every three days adding nutes to the water every other feeding and the pictures above show my success.

Hi totally newbie who is looking to get into using an led lighting system but wanted to know a couple things first
1) will I need to seperate lights for veg and flower stage or can a good led light do the trick
2) where can I get a high quality led light without getting ripped off?

Thanks in advance guys

Im new to the online forums (completely) so I could use a little help navigating but I would like to share my experience with my led lights in the past and present. Is this where I should post?

Hi totally newbie who is looking to get into using an led lighting system but wanted to know a couple things first
1) will I need to seperate lights for veg and flower stage or can a good led light do the trick
2) where can I get a high quality led light without getting ripped off?

Thanks in advance guys

There are both LEDs that will do both veg and flower or you can buy separate lights to flower and veg with it all depends on what you buy
There are several sponsors here that have high quality lights that will produce good yields of high quality bud. Please do your home work and read the journals of Big Irish Dude and Buckshot.

There are both LEDs that will do both veg and flower or you can buy separate lights to flower and veg with it all depends on what you buy
There are several sponsors here that have high quality lights that will produce good yields of high quality bud. Please do your home work and read the journals of Big Irish Dude and Buckshot.

Excellent, will check them out now.
All the companies I have come across in the UK have little or no information about there LED lights. Thanks again

Thanks Harley! I joined the forums to share important info/experience with LED lights. Ive used quite a few different LEDs in the last couple years trying to find the right ones that would compare to my HIDs in quality (#1) and yield (#2). I started out ordering multiple UFOs (Discount Hydroponics Supplies and Equipment | hidhut.com), Then went to Blackstars (Gotham Hydro), then tried a couple 357 Magnums (Magnum LED Grow Lights), Then upgraded to 357 Magnum Plus lights (Magnum LED Grow Lights). I am currently trying out a couple G2 Parmaxx lights (Magnum LED Grow Lights) and not impressed with the lights or customer service. The G2s grow plants awesome, but are poorly made and both lights are malfunctioning at only 6 weeks use (12 hours daily). Light #1 came damaged (2 power supplies not working/2 fans not working) and Light #2 wasnt damaged and everything worked fine. I contacted the company and they apologized and promised me parts asap to fix! I told them I didnt want parts I wanted to exchange lights or get refund. They quit answering my emails/calls. I finally said fine please send me parts. Then some other woman promised me parts ASAP. No parts came and the company completely stopped answering my emails/calls! I gave up after that and fixed light #1 myself. Sorry for the long post but just want everyone to know my poor experience from the G2 Parmaxx lights. THEY ARE JUNK

G'day all, any body using reptile uv bulbs? I can get 23w uv- b, are these the ones to get? Do you get one for each plant? I'm only just getting area ready, but grow space will be 6'x3.3 it not rectangle but come in by 6" so it's basically a 3.3x3.3&2.7x2.7 all open area (if that make sense) thinking four plants, so four bulbs? Thanks in advance, and sorry if just been answered even post before, I've just read to much lately, must get like that for everyone at times? Peace

Think I may have asked you in your journal, gave you a post anyway. Man there some nice girls gov peace

Back
Top Bottom