How Many Of These LED Chips For 1,200PPFD

Fastarkid

420 Member
Below are the specs of the LED chips I plan to buy in my DYI project.
If the chips are being spread out across a panel that is of a size that's not too uncommon (30" x 20")...the question is;

Approximately how many of these chips would I need to put on that panel if my target is to achieve a maximum PPFD in the center of roughly 1,200PPFD? Here's the specs of the LED chip;
  • Forward current = 65ma (max 150ma)
  • Forward voltage = 3.0v
  • Luminous intensity = 21.9(lm) (or 6.9cd)
  • CRI = 95
  • Viewing angle = 120 deg
I know that the number of LED chips required to achieve 1,200 in the center is not something that can be calculated accuarately from the information above...however, I'm just requesting help in guessing the number of chips because your guess is almost certainly going to be better than that based on your experience. Is there a calculator for estimating the number of chips required?

Thanks, Fastarkid

Try the website of the company that makes the chips.
Any decent chip manufacturer usually has tons of information and specs of their chips
Say, for instance Samsung.
Mountains of info no mortal man could ever get through

Below are the specs of the LED chips I plan to buy in my DYI project.
If the chips are being spread out across a panel that is of a size that's not too uncommon (30" x 20")...the question is;

Approximately how many of these chips would I need to put on that panel if my target is to achieve a maximum PPFD in the center of roughly 1,200PPFD? Here's the specs of the LED chip;
  • Forward current = 65ma (max 150ma)
  • Forward voltage = 3.0v
  • Luminous intensity = 21.9(lm) (or 6.9cd)
  • CRI = 95
  • Viewing angle = 120 deg
I know that the number of LED chips required to achieve 1,200 in the center is not something that can be calculated accuarately from the information above...however, I'm just requesting help in guessing the number of chips because your guess is almost certainly going to be better than that based on your experience. Is there a calculator for estimating the number of chips required?

Thanks, Fastarkid
All I can say is dependant on the spd or spectrum 1770 ppf or total output equals a 1200 ppfd on an 8" on center bar light. Approximately. Figure your total output, see if your spd is human based ot a braid yet targeted horticultural spd then we can compare better. GoodLuck!

All I can say is dependant on the spd or spectrum 1770 ppf or total output equals a 1200 ppfd on an 8" on center bar light. Approximately. Figure your total output, see if your spd is human based ot a braid yet targeted horticultural spd then we can compare better. GoodLuck!
And that my friends is why I “Pay the Man” and get one that’s already put together! (LOL)
Sorry can’t help.

Back
Top Bottom