how to store/mantain my digital ph & tds meters?

geeklife

hi all. new grower here. just starting to get familiar with my growing tools, and i was wondering, what's the best way to maintain and store my digital ph/tds meters? my Milwuakee ph 600's directions instruct me to never let the electrode get wet. those instructions are a bit vague. really? never? or at what point is it safe to store dry?

in effect, i'm simply wondering what's the best way to maintain these instruments for long life? any tips?

you never want to let the electrode to dry out. you can use solution 7.1 to store or buy electrode storage solution. Thats what i did, storage solution that is. They claim it extends the life of the electrode.

Dog is right that solution is also a cleaner to stop mold.I clean mine with the 7.0 solution put the protective cap on and place it on the shelf.once a month i calibrate.
be careful with that prob i broke 4 of them there is a micro wire in the prob itself if you pick it up by the wire sometime it will break.and the reason you dont submerge it the top of the prob sometimes will leak and corrode that mico wire for your ph.

Back
Top Bottom