How to store a pH meter after use

Fuzzy1981

i have a prestige ph meter that came with my yield labs grow tent and i was wondering how do i properly store it after use? i have heard in a storage solution but mine didn't come with one. can i store this meter dry and calibrate it before each use? or am i missing the storage solution? already used it and stored it dry before i even had any idea it might need a storage solution. also if it does need a storage solution what type do i need to get? thanks in advance for the help.

Blue Labs and other manufacturers sell storage solution. I just rinse mine off and put the cap on it to keep it from drying out. You never want the probes to dry out once they are used. If you let it dry out try testing it with calibration fluid to make sure it still works. The 4.0 and 7.0 testing fluids are available at most hydro stores. Meters should be checked and calibrated every so often to ensure accuracy.

this a direct quote from my ph pen manual

all one page of it,,

step 6,, after use, turn off the ph meter, rinse the electrode with distilled water and replace the protective cap.

Go by whatever the manufacturer says to do for storage, as it varies between storing in solution and just putting the cap on it. The expensive ones usually want it stored in PH stable liquid (testing stuff), or how they did it at place I worked as they needed it to be precise as they would get fined big time by the city if the PH of the water sent to the city was out of a certain range, so they had to calibrate the one used for that at least once a day (though ones we used for pulp were also calibrated at the same time while maintenance was doing the other one).

Back
Top Bottom