79 Xmas Bud IBL, Critical Mass, Maui Waui

Fuzzy1981

This is my fifth grow. Just coming back after taking the winter off from growing. Im excited to be growing the xmas bud again. I planted four of them last year and they were all males unfortunately. I planted two of them this year and hoping one is a female. The other plants im growing are maui waui, and critical mass. I like the calming and relaxed feeling of the critical mass. My first grow i grew one critical mass plant and produced almost a pound from the one plant. Im using a gorilla grow tent 2' X 4' a 400 watt metal halide bulb. and fox farm ocean forest potting soil. i also have a six hundred watt l.e.d. grow light that i will use after they get to big to fit all of them in the grow tent. One of them is going outdoors when the weather finally warms up and the other will just be grown outside of the grow tent in the basement.

This is day two. The maui waui is growing the fastest so far.
DSC09088.JPG

Nice looking garden you have there @Fuzzy1981

I hope one of your xmas is a female, interested in seeing the 79 xmas bud grow.

I will be around to see how your coming along if you don't mind.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,
Happy to have some one follow along! My 79 Xmas Bud did great last year, unfortunately all four plants turned out to be male. But here's hoping for better this year. This is a pic of the last one i flowered it was about the size of the recliners in the background. I haven't had xmas bud since the very early 2000's and spent a few years looking around for a place that had seeds. It was an extremely good smoke and i am looking forward to finally having some again. It was a pretty big bummer last year when they all turned out to be males.
DSC08959.JPG

Day 21. Well here we are at week three, hard to believe im going to have to up pot them again in another week. Im going to put them all into seven gallon fabric pots except for the one xmas bud im going to grow outdoors, im going to put that into a ten gallon pot. They have all been topped now, five more weeks till i flower them!
DSC09095.JPG
DSC09096.JPG

Day 21. Well here we are at week three, hard to believe im going to have to up pot them again in another week. Im going to put them all into seven gallon fabric pots except for the one xmas bud im going to grow outdoors, im going to put that into a ten gallon pot. They have all been topped now, five more weeks till i flower them!
DSC09095.JPG
DSC09096.JPG
Looking good. I grew a maui on my last grow and actually just pressed some rosin from the small buds I had left last night. Such a great strain, it's my go to strain when I'm having a bad afternoon

Looking good. I grew a maui on my last grow and actually just pressed some rosin from the small buds I had left last night. Such a great strain, it's my go to strain when I'm having a bad afternoon
I hear alot of good things about maui waui, i've never got to try it my self, i live in the middle of no where and before pot got legalized you basically got what you got. Most weed you got didn't have any name to it, it was just an unmarked sandwich bag with pot in it. The only ones i smoked which i was told the name of was xmas bud, blueberry, northern lights, and hydro. Which come to find out hydro was how it was grown and not the name of the weed, which is very disappointing because that stuff was great and i would have really liked to get some of whatever it was again.

One quick question did you top your maui waui or no? I was reading on it and from what i could tell the cons against it was it would make it take longer for the buds to finish maturing, so i topped mine for the increased yield. I know with chronic that plant doesn't take well to being topped and i was wondering if maui waui was the same or if what i read was correct and it just adds a little time until it's ready to be harvested.

One quick question did you top your maui waui or no? I was reading on it and from what i could tell the cons against it was it would make it take longer for the buds to finish maturing, so i topped mine for the increased yield. I know with chronic that plant doesn't take well to being topped and i was wondering if maui waui was the same or if what i read was correct and it just adds a little time until it's ready to be harvested.
Yes I just topped the maui once. It was a real pain in the ass honestly, it grew 3 times larger than the other 3 in the tent and the others needed buckets to boost them higher. It was the last sativa dominant plant I will grow in my current setup gave me lots of anxiety

Yes I just topped the maui once. It was a real pain in the ass honestly, it grew 3 times larger than the other 3 in the tent and the others needed buckets to boost them higher. It was the last sativa dominant plant I will grow in my current setup gave me lots of anxiety
How tall was your grow tent? Mine is just under seven feet tall.

Back
Top Bottom