How To Vent From Your Veg Room To Flower Room Simple Solution

SToRMz420

Hi Everyone,

i have two 140x140x200 Grow Tents side by side, one for VEG other for Flowering,both with hydroponic systems setup, now the question is can i set-up one complete ventilation system that circulates through both tents??

The idea is to start in veg room the Enter Flower room then go into attic out roof...

1. what kind of ventilation system do i use just simple extractor fan, inline fan , carbon filter , ducting would that do the trick?

2. would i have to have one of the cool light setups where the ducting attaches to the light then out other side of light etc

3. im not sure what the cheapest most effective ventailtion products to buy any ideas suggestions on what to buy ?

any info on this subject would be amazing

Hey Storm.. i'm new to the game but have a 'similar' setup. Mine is a 2.4m L x 1.25m W x 2.4m H room, and within that a 0.5m chamber for 2 mothers, and eventually clones. I have 4 passive 11cm intakes in total, 3 in the main chamber, and one in the 'veg room' which then is also connected to the main chamber via one 11cm port.. all intakes pull about the same when i put my hand over 'em, and i'm using a 220-350 m3/h extraction fan. The setup work very nicely.

Keep in mind that my 'veg room' has fluorescent lights only, and temps there are not a problem because wattage is quite low. What light setup are you aiming for (that would be most important to know setup-wise for ventilation)?? Ambient temps in your space would also be good to know. You seem to be going for a pretty big setup, but are asking some basic questions, so you might wanna google up a bit more as well.

But yeah, in short you could setup a combined ventilation system! Probably like me, a centrifugal fan pulling air through a carbon filter in your flower room and pushing out the chimney.. with a combination of intakes holes, some in the flower room, and some in the veg room, depending on the necessary heat removal of each chamber..

hey PSYCO.... Respect for replying , i have been doing intese research bout 2 weeks non stop learning about all aspects of growing i still have much to learn that through reading and practice so i have come up with this setup :

Veg Room:
Budget Grow Tent for 6 Plants - Best Rated Grow Tents ( this my chosen tent i have 2 side by side )

EF120 - Ebb and Flood Hydroponics Systems - Progrow Hydroponics ( this the system i have chosen )

Lightwave T5 Hydroponic 4 Tube CFL Low Energy Flourescent Grow Light | eBay (This is my light source)

Flower Room:
CAN RK Fan & Rhino Pro Filter Packages | Greens Hydroponics ( chosen this ruck and rhino ventilation package )
Hydro-Grow ( chosen this system )
Sun System BlockBuster 6" Air Cooled Reflector Hood Fixture Block Buster Light | eBay
( chosen this hood do to large benefits )
Sunmaster dual spectrum grow lamps - Hyjo Hydroponics Store ( went with the duel spectrum because of light benefits )

now overall not the cheapest setup for a first time grow but i would rather get a quality setup then a cheap and nasty one which fails or breaks few weeks into the grow ....

now do you think i have overlooked anything here would you do something different or is all the items selected going to work for my purpose in the long run i want to be able to harvest every month or 2 that's plan overall maybe not decided yet..

i am a noob when it comes to all this hence my basic questions only thing thati get confused about i keep reading and reading but i cant get a handle on ventilation etc intake and out-take with my selected products up top how would you vent for both tents i just want one simple ventilation system going through both tents up and out in attic any ideas ??

look forward to hearing from you buddy

any more items for either room you think i have missed out ?

also would like to know what setup i can have which gives me good negative pressure and good intake / out-take

any more items for either room you think i have missed out ?

:welcome: your in the right place to learn :thumb:hey if you are worried about missing a bit of kit you could try getting everything ready (set up) and come back with some pics so we and more experienced growers can give you the top advice you want :thumb::Namaste::peace:

Techy's Critical Mass Stealth LED Grow

I made a Stack-A-ScroG where my Veg cabinet is on the bottom and my flowering screen is on top. I have a intake and thermostat controlled exhaust fan, which vents into the main room. I can keep a consistent temperature on the lower cabinet. The main room is ran by my C.A.P. controller and exhaust the main room out through a carbon filter. I also grow in a detached non-heated garage and I use the main lights for heat at night and my veg cabinet heats the main room during the day.

hey techyghost , tbh i have looked at the all in one kits and from what i see very pricey and its a bog standard setup i think doing research and then buying separate items will give me the best possible shot at creating a setup that will last with minimal issues arising

nice setup teldren,,,,, i need to know few things ...

Do i get a ruck and rhino filter package and a inline fan for flower room ??

AND

What fans in my veg room if any i will be using the t5 lights ??

then my issues how do i make a complete one way system ventilation from veg to flower out attic i cant visualize the image !!!!

Teldrens Organic Blue Dream 3' x 5' Scrog 2 x 400 HPS Complete!

gezza THAT IS A BADASS grow you had going their setup and way it looks is perfect seriously bro tech me !!!

You really only need the ruck and rhino in your flower room. The inline fan is not necessary.. just use passive intakes, a good ruck pulls air just fine.

As for venting through the veg room, just connect one of the top holes from the veg room with one of the holes in the flower room.. or for extra measure do the same at the bottom as well so that they are connected at two places. Other than that just play with opening and closing the intake holes in both tents to get optimal air intake on both sides. Keep in mind, since the two tents will be connected via those holes, the ruck in the flower room WILL pull air from the veg room as well, really simple. Get what i mean??

And of course make sure to have oscillating fans in both tents to keep the girls dancing! The oscillating fan in the veg room should be fine as far as the flouros are concerned as well.. not much heat going on there.

your a ledge mate a endless source of useful knowledge :) plus this is my first grow so once i have big fat Nugs i will send you a nice sealed packet of the good stuff since you helped create these lil sluts :)

im thinking bout getting the 4" or 5" ruck and rhino package but have considered the 8" due to the circulation power what would you recommend for the 120x120x200 tent ::

how do you know so much if this your new to this brother ??

i am very interested in learning the scrog and other grow techniques but i need to master growing the lil fuckers first befor i start doing all these ninja methods to grow massive yeilds you know much bout this ?

have you got a grow on at mo if so how it going ?

also you know any methods to do a grow cycle meaning il always have plants to harvest every month or two i wann buy a jacuzzi :) lol so figured weed is my way to the sweet bubbles ......

i am thinking bout doing the veg plants inflood and drain system and the flower in NFT systems you think this would be effective hydroponics is the way i wann go i think what do you use ?

In any case, new i certainly am, so take anything i say with a grain of salt! :laughtwo: I've got about 2 months research time prior to my first grow, which is this one: PsyCro first grow!

Hydro i know nothing about, and probably won't know anytime soon. I'm trying to go as natural and organic as possible, hence my setup design. I've even gone the side lighting route to keep my trees natural and tall. If i were to use a different method, using only above-lighting, sog or similar would be a must. Look up 'fluxing' here on 420.. that's the method i would use just because there is much less work later in the grow, although you have a bit more work in the beginning.

A 5" fan should do you just fine btw. From what i've gathered, any more than 1 air change per minute is really stressing your plants. But your setup shouldn't be a problem heat wise anyways as your using a cooled hid and flouros. My setup is +8 degrees Celsius with 1300w HID and flouros using 220 m3/h.

Other than that, if you're vegging completely in one tent, then flowering in the other.. 2 months turn over time is a given. I'm at about 2.5-3 since my veg chamber is for mothers and rooting clones..

Back
Top Bottom