HugeGrins Vaporizer Review

Racefan

Well guys I just picked up the hugegrins vaporizer. Thought it was cheap enough to not sweat the loss of money if it doesn't work and if it did work it would have been a great deal. I can tell you this. It's a waste of money! You get nothing but butane from the lighter and in the process of trying to get it to work you end up combusting the herbs. I tried all types of lighters to be sure too. Averything from torch to weak almost dead bics and everything in between. Even wooden matches. All I got for it was a dizzy head from sucking butane out of this piece of stainless steel that gets so hot you can't hold it for 10 minutes.
I bought this piece off ebay and used the buy it now option and paid immediately. I rated the item correctly and gave the guy neutral feedback for selling a crappy product. He slapped me back with negative feedback and stated "no communication" as the reason. What communication? I paid and he sent it. It didn't work. What else needed to be said? So the guy is a jerk on top of it.
I'm now on a vengence to warn as many people as I can about this product and the person selling them.
I'm not exagerating this at all and will even ship this piece of crap to someone else to try if you want to pay the shipping for it. I refuse to spend another dime on this piece of crap. All I ask is that who ever wants it has at least tried another vape so that they don't confuse butane vapors as herb vapors and can give a honest report.

I thought you had a vap you where in love with. The ones with the bags. Did I miss something?

Your right Joe. I do. The vapir. But it requires 110volts AC to work. What about when I'm out racing or camping and I want or need to vape? I don't want to have to hook up the generator or inverter just to vape. Most the time when I camp I'm out in the woods on BLM or national park land with no one around me. I was just looking for a small portable vape that required no electricity to work. I have a vaporstar ordered and on the way from the UK. I'll write a product review for it when I get it. From the video it looks like it's a lot better of a product that works.

I was looking at the vaporgenie. It seems to be a nice unit and it appears to work the same way as the vaporstar. I wish I had one I could compare to the vaporstar. It would make a nice post. Especially if they both worked pretty well.
I ordered the straight glass bong with the vaporstar. I figured that if the vape didn't work at least I have a a new glass bong. lol It was only a few extra bucks. After wasting my money on the hugegrins crappola I hope this new unit works. The wife isn't too happy with me spending money on Vapes lately.

vaporgenie is amazing!

I wish all of this had been said before I ordered the vaporstar. Now I really wish I had the genie to compare against the star. I think if we all reviewed products we use it would help others save money and make wiser decisions on products we all use.

I know a guy that loves the Vaporstar. I think you'll like it too. I have the VaporGenie. Don't use it much but it works well. Another good butane portable is the Vapman, but it's twice the price. Any butane powered vape is going to be harder to use and give more inconsistent results than an electric. The Vapman, Genie, and Vaporstar are much better than simple glass tube vapes like Hugegrins because they use a filter to distribute the heat to the bowl more evenly.

As for sucking butane, the only way you can do that is to release the butane with no flame and inhale. You can't inhale butane from a lighter that's producing a flame. Once you get a flame, the butane is instantly converted to hydrogen and carbon. The hydrogen is burned very fast and completely, leaving only excess carbon. With a normal lighter you can inhale partially burned carbon (soot). Use a torch lighter and the carbon is completely consumed too. So a torch gives you a steadier, hotter flame for better heating, and is a much cleaner heat source as well.

in a pinch i've use a deepwell socket [3/8 drive works best] with a screen in the 3/8 square hole and a good torch lighter the main trick is getting a good flow of really hot air by holding the torch flame at right angles to the longside of the socket and any where from 1/2==1 inch away from it that way you are drawing superheated air to release vapor and not burn it

some times i use a spark plug socket or deep well for car lug nuts and break or cut a plastic blunt tube and duct tape tape it to the wide end if i'm in the shop i'll even drill a carb or shotgun right quick if i ever get a digital heat gun i'll be able to vape with just about any pipe or bong that will tolerate the temp...

I read people commenting on Vaporgenie. I have vaped for years (never smoke, it sucks) and I consider the VG the best for the money...$50.

My opinion is this:

The Chevy of Vapes: vaporgenie (USA)
The Cadillac of Vapes: herbalaire (Canada)
The Lexus of Vapes: Volcano (Germany)

The Vaporgenie is portable and stealthy and once one learns to use it as directed it is the best non-electric vaporizer on the market.:cheesygrinsmiley::peace:

I read people commenting on Vaporgenie. I have vaped for years (never smoke, it sucks) and I consider the VG the best for the money...$50.

My opinion is this:

The Chevy of Vapes: vaporgenie (USA)
The Cadillac of Vapes: herbalaire (Canada)
The Lexus of Vapes: Volcano (Germany)

The Honda Accord of Vapes: Vapolution (US)

I believe High Times gave it this distinction, although as a Vapolution owner, I agree 100%. :clap:

And the Hugegrins would be the Yugo of Vapes. :winkyface:

Well I guess I should update this. The guy has decided to pull his negative feedback from me. I have had 2 negs total. Both from retaliation. He pulled his so now I'm back to one negative. When you have a feedback rating of 99% or more you want to protect it. He has turned out to be a "normal" business man in which he is more interested in making money than satisfying customers but I would expect that from just about every business these days with all the mortgage unknowns and gas prices. Very few run with any morals these days like Rob does. I will admit that hugegrins did ship the product fast and the price for this type of vape is competitive.
As for sucking butane..well...I got something besides vapor from this stainless steel piece. If it wasn't butane it was something just as nasty. I followed the directions to a tee as well. If there is a trick to using it, it's beyond me. lol
Well if the vaporstar doesn't work well then I will have to save up enough to buy a genie and try one of those. I know $50.00 doesn't seem like much but I am disabled and can't work. Plus I've spent my alowance for the next few months on vapes I already have. I hate living on a fixed income!
One vape company not mentioned by you guys that I love is the vapir. It's not just the product I like. Their customer service is unbeatable. Holland, the lady who answers their phone rocks. She got me a deal on my vapir one v5.0 for half price and threw in all sorts of extras. I got a full set and half of bags, extra mouth pieces, hoses, herb disks and even a h2o kit that let's you filter the vapor through water, juice or any other liquid you can think of.

I have had 2 negs total. Both from retaliation.
Same here. It makes you hesitant to give negative feedback even if it's well deserved.

As for sucking butane..well...I got something besides vapor from this stainless steel piece. If it wasn't butane it was something just as nasty.
Partially burned carbon (soot). A torch lighter won't leave soot because it burns a lot hotter and the steady flame makes temp control so much easier. It's a must with a vape IMO.

Well if the vaporstar doesn't work well then I will have to save up enough to buy a genie and try one of those.
From what I've heard the Vaporstar should be every bit as good as the Genie.

One vape company not mentioned by you guys that I love is the vapir. It's not just the product I like. Their customer service is unbeatable.
Glad you got such a great deal. I'd beg to differ that their service is unbeatable though. They don't sell anything with a warranty longer than 90 days, so try to get your Vapir replaced for free after 6 months of use before you call 'em unbeatable. I had a breakdown with my herbalAire last year (that I probably caused with sloppy cleaning), and they not only sent me a whole new unit (before they'd even received the broken one) including pump and extra bowls and bags, but they extended my warranty another year! They also included free extras with the original purchase and waived the shipping charge. Vapir (Air-2) changed ownership last year, so let's hope the new owners have a new commitment to quality and service. The service certainly sounds like it's great. I've heard from Holland too. She seems like a top rate customer svc. rep.

Hey, I have this thing and it rocks. Yeah it gets hot if you keep vaping rapidly... stop smoking so much. Relax and enjoy your shit, not chasing fucking dragon by hitting rapidly.

This thing is small, works, can be turned around and smoked as a normal pipe instantly, and I've never baked away from home without it. I put a simple cardboad or cloth around it if I find I want to bake out and not go slow.

I bought a VaporGenie almost two yrs ago. I owned a Vapir One 3.0 w/ digital readout & it sucked, tried several whip style vapes at friends homes & I was less than impressed, Volcano was good but no intense profound hits, again a friends.

Then I sprung for the VaporGenie, $50.00 delivered & I've been swearing by it ever since. HUGE dense hits of sweet vapes. Like the old 70's Alka-Seltzer commercial said, "Try it, you'll like it."

Back
Top Bottom