Humidifier question

rehabilitatora420

hey there.I got one question about my humidifier i use it in the grow tent and at the moment for my 1 week plants im trying to sustain atleast 60%+ humidity witch i do around 60-70% rarely more then 70 and for low periods.At this moment im at 16/8 light cycle witch i run at Night starting at 20:00 and ending 12:00 next day my question is it a good idea to run the humidifier in the rest of the time when my lights are off the vent system refresh the air every 8 minutes when the lights are off and bring fresh air from outside every 3 min im worried for the led lamp when is off can the humidifier damage it and also is my plants like the humidity when they are at dark. the place i got my seeds from Royal Queen their recomendation for humidity during first 3 weeks to be around 70-90% but i try to be at 70% all day long i also seems to have good VPD my Kpa charts are in good limits most of the times only spiking when vents start to refresh the air

Hey Rehab,

VPD charts are guideline, you can grow successfully outside of those parameters, but obviously a better grow enviro will help your overall success. 60 to 70 rh sounds like you are pretty well dialed in for veg and so the main VPD concern is to lower rh during flower to avoid pm & bud rot.

personally I wouldn’t run a humidifier in a tent unless at least 1 fan is running on the exact same schedule. Keep an eye on inside of tent walls & roof for condensation build up.

as far as damage to your light- even tho LEDs are expensive they are considered throw away technology, run the crap out of them until they reach the end of functionality. IIRC. estimated life span is 50,000 hours.

that’s my 2 cents but let’s see what else comes in for you

all is compleatly dry i cant find signs of condensation. I run it this amount of time because when its not running humidity drops to 40% all looks welll so far i got one problem i just notice my plants are 7 days old and i notice on the surface of the soil there is some rly small insects ive readed about and it could be white flies what can i do for this are u familiar ? i readed about neem oil but i cant understand this mix neem oil and soap what soap o_O

in agriculture they call it sticker / spreader but we call it a wetting agent. An all natural source of saponins like yucca shigidiera does the trick (prolly hosed spelling there) but it’s same stuff as in Fox Farms Sledgehammer flushing agent

others include Dawn dishwashing liquid with photo of duck on bottle that’s used for oil spills

I’ve had great results with Dr Bronners Peppermint Hemp oil soap. I add it to all my plant water sessions whether used for foliar or for my feed watering

anyway it’s basically a water conditioner that you add to your water first & shake very well then add your Neem oil and shake even more

could be white flies never battled with those so far but another biggie is fungus gnats…

yellow sticky traps, and mosquito dunks or mosquito bits added to your water buckets to soak overnite help greatly with fungus gnats

I would do soil drench with some IPM ( depends on what you’ve got handy but SNS Neem/ karanja, other options might be Spinosad or BTk) and 1 or 2 of those 4 inch mini usb fans pointed at your soil line, if they can‘t land- then they can’t lay eggs.

zoom up if you can to get us critter pics cuz will help identify what you’ve got. Also note soil mites are very hard to get rid of cuz they keep coming back but most soil mite species that I’ve experienced firsthand don’t attack the plant…

now spider mites aka the borg is a whole different story, they are major pain

in agriculture they call it sticker / spreader but we call it a wetting agent. An all natural source of saponins like yucca shigidiera does the trick (prolly hosed spelling there) but it’s same stuff as in Fox Farms Sledgehammer flushing agent

others include Dawn dishwashing liquid with photo of duck on bottle that’s used for oil spills

I’ve had great results with Dr Bronners Peppermint Hemp oil soap

anyway it’s basically a water conditioner that you add to your water first & shake very well then add your Neem oil and shake even more
ty i got it i found the soap u told in my country is good gonna buy 200 mil oil and 1 of this soap and do the trick tomorrow since my plants are just baby's i wont spray them but the soil only is that good? i see those small bugs in soil

Ok hang tight for just a second… it really depends on exactly what critter species you have.

I have battled with soil mites for very long time and killed several plants in the process trying to get rid of them… I’ve sprayed and done soil drenches and the next generation of soil mites come in as if they eat pesticides for breakfast and even after repeated attempts of treatment they never die off.

learned the hard way it’s best not to mess with soil mites since they don’t attack the plant…

can you drop a close up photo of your critters in the soil?

hey I’ve got to roll out but will be back later this afternoon, plus I’m anxious to see what other replies come in for you

they
Ok hang tight for just a second… it really depends on exactly what critter species you have.

I have battled with soil mites for very long time and killed several plants in the process trying to get rid of them… I’ve sprayed and done soil drenches and the next generation of soil mites come in as if they eat pesticides for breakfast and even after repeated attempts of treatment they never die off.

learned the hard way it’s best not to mess with soil mites since they don’t attack the plant…

hey I’ve got to roll out but will be back later this afternoon, plus I’m anxious to see what other replies come in for you
they are rly tiny and are inside the soil prehaps they been there in the soil i use all-in mix from biobizz at the moment there is no indicatos for them to be on the plant but i see alot on the soil gonna check the remaining soil bag in my closed if there have as well

t

its not possible to make a photo of this bug its way way to small and its yellow or white can say for sure need microscope

to me it sounds like soil mites, they are white or light colored and if you use plastic containers you can see they will march around on the rim…

yeah if it’s soil mites I wouldn’t try to eradicate them… in my experience you can nuke them with IPM repeatedly but they just keep coming back
is this mix will work with the oil and soap just im small doses spreyed on the soil surface ?

hopefully so, not trying to sound vague, just not 100% sure what critters you’ve got in the soil.

I’ve battled mostly with spider mites and fungus gnats. Think I had few thrips once, and just other day a moth or caterpillar tried to move in and setup shop. Some leaves were spotted up and baby green worms were hatched out and ready to munch on my girls.

so the reason we try to figure out the species is then we can know their life cycle and how frequently to repeat the ipm treatments

while this is not precise it’s food for thought…. generally speaking today’s spray kills todays adults but does not necessarily kill the eggs or larvae. It seems with cannabis pest control it’s not a race, it’s a marathon

bugguide dot net is a handy resource with critter mug shots and a plethora of info

baby green worms (actually they are mostly yellow like the pistils) on fan leaves -right hand side

Back
Top Bottom