Humidity question

bobbitchen

I live in Las Vegas,NV. Very dry. I have started my first grow and want to know how do I increase the humidity in just my closet without humidifying my whole apt? I have a digital themometer and it reads 85 degrees and 28% humidity. What to do? Thanks in advance for your reply.

get a cool mist humidifier, i got mine at babies r us. like under 30 bucks. hold enough water for 2 days and adjustable low med high. works awesome. filter only lasts a month. The filter prevents mold and is a must with cool mist humidifiers. No matter what any1 says, with a cool mist u need a humidifier and with warm mist u dont but u need to add salt. salt would be bad in a grow room.

Wal-mart also has cool mist humidifiers as well as warm mist humidifiers at decent prices. I am using both for my grow tent. I have the warm mist outside of the inline fan so that when it blows air into the tent it is cool & humid.

I do use a pinch of salt for the warm mist, but it doesn't seem to be affecting the plants. In my opinion, the steam generated is similiar to the distilled water process which means the salt really doesn't enter into the air supply. Minerals are left in the container during distilling so I would think the salt stays in the container as well.

I also have a small cool mist humidifier in the tent. My humidity in the tent stays at ~50% and I am located in Central Valley California. When the humidifiers are off I usually get around ~28% humidity which will be great during flowering. :goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom