Hydro/1000hps/hawaiian snow/ssilver haze/more

Which plant will do best in the hydro system?

• SS Haze

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • HS

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A Haze

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • N Haze

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • S Haze

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
Some updated pictures, some bud shots from my dirt plants and some pictures of the plants that look dead, I hope I can keep them alive!

IMG_0247.JPG

IMG_02461.JPG

IMG_0245.JPG

IMG_02441.JPG

IMG_0242.JPG

I hope you can still save you girls I have posted my nute mix.
My seedling Juice for rockwool
1gal distilled water + Fox Farm Grow Big 1tsp + FF Big Bloom 2tsp + hydrogen peroxide 1/2tbs + Super Thrive 1/4tsp
Thats what I used
I have not tried putting the seedling directly in the Hydroton I use rockwool and manual feeding and watering for the first week after germinating.

I hope this helps and sorry for the delay.

Pan4

ok im going to flush the system and use your specifications. in the meantime i will hand water with a little epsom and distilled water to try and save the seedlings... I really dont want to lose this

Ok... This is a long shot... Are you using rock wool cubes? If you are I'd split one side of it and slip the limpy stems into the slit. If you aren't try getting something to wrap around those babies so they are standing up. I'm trying to think of what you could use temporarily. Toothpicks and string, maybe? Did you plant those directly into the hydroton?

no they were in rockwool cubes, but unfortunately they died.

I definitely used too much vinegar to balance the water and i should have just used the proper ph up and down. I will be reordering the same seeds asap! until then I will follow my soil grow in this journal until i get my new seeds! the buds are coming along nicely!!

Ok guys, Im ordering the seeds and am wondering what you all think i shoud go with? im looking for best yield/smoke out of the plant.

Ok, so since I lost the seedlings due to my hydro system pH drop over night, I took clippings from my *possibly* trainwreck mother. They are now sitting in an incubator with flushed and pH balanced water with a 400 hid maintaining a temp of around 76F inside.:cool:

*** How long should I wait to introduce them to the hydro system?
*** Are they supposed to stay wet?
*** Also, can anyone post a nute schedule for 20 gallons from clone?
:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:
IMG_0251.JPG

IMG_0252.JPG

IMG_02531.JPG

IMG_0255.JPG

IMG_0256.JPG

IMG_0257.JPG

Well thats it for now, time to wait for the clones to root- I so hope this works. Anyone have any special tips on cloning?

Hi Flouridiea'
I grieve with you over the loss of your seedlings.
As XSVBuds shows (great graphic I wish I could do that XSVbuds) you can support also with a twisty tie as well. Easy for my arthritic fingers to bend and form the little supports.
Also toothpicks or sticks from my pantry (the ones you put on the grill) or chopsticks from your take-out. I am a master of improv... with the sticks you can use the twistys too and adjust for growing until the babies are stronger and healthy. Since I grow lots of different seeds for stuff I have learned to use what you got on hand. As Ms. Fox said a little breeze helps the stems grow stronger.
Dont handle the babies too much tho. The breeze helps to make them strong but our clunky hands can damage the babies more easily than a soft breeze.. Think on a cellular level.
Also a hint, you may try growing in the wool till they are stronger, I have damaged babies with the clay, but just be gentle.
Also try not to give them a bunch of nutrients they just arent ready for yet. Think :you cant put food on a premature stomach, so the roots need good growth and development utilizing the endosperm of the seed for nutrients until the real leaves come out. and even a bit after that. Just keep them moist and warm. Think: baby chick utilizing the yolk for sustenance till its hatched then needs outside food.
Also remember that cuttings have to grow a new root system and if the cutting needs nutrients to support upper leaf growth or just maintenance and not to the roots it may not root, so trim the big leaves down a bit. Usually when you see new growth on the leaves then it has new roots otherwise it cannot do it. But it still needs light for Photosynthesis. Use CFLS on the babies or clones till they are strong and growing well then introduce them to the big light. You can put cfl's real close and not burn them.
You seem to have alot of energy and enthusiasm for your plants. This is good but this note Take a deep breath and think about what you are doing before progressing a bit and take a big deep breath. Geez, I have to really slow myself down before I go on because you do a better, safer, cleaner job when you take your time instead of hurrying. Damn I freak when something changes but after I think about it for a bit and read or look up info then progress. Otherwise I can do more "killing with kindness"

One more hint. Get you a bunch of bagseed or seeds from other kinds of plants and sprout them for observation. Watch while they grow and do your observation with a less risky or $$ cost of expensive seeds. Since I have done other farming or gardening this has helped me learn how plants grow, from sprout to harvest. I'll be the other growers here will tell you that your own experience will teach you more than anything.
Yes I have killed babies from nice seeds, yes I have burned babiesand big plants with lights, I have drowned them, starved them, cut them too close, over fertilized them and all that as well. I dont mean to, but it has happened to everyone.

Actually Jules Verne wrote a book called "around the world in 80 days". One character was Phileas Fogg. I had an agressive angel fish that I called Fineas after that guy. (the fish knew kung fin)
Please keep me (or us) informed of your grow. I learn alot from everybody everyday. Just be receptive and dont feel criticisized. Nobody knows everything.
Good luck.
:peace:

Fineas, thanks!
I know that I can be very antsy so I try and control it hahah. I have gone back over the hydro system as you can see from the pictures last night and thoroughly sanitized the whole thing. I then reset all my equipment into better positions and raised the buckets and also added an aquarium aerator to keep the water fresh. The water is now at 200 ppm and pH balanced. I have learned a lot and know that I need not rush. So I will carefully look over the clones. As soon as they take root and become stable I will introduce them to the hydro. Until then I will keep running the water so it stays fresh!
I AM VERY EXCITED ABOUT THIS AND AM VERY GLAD EVERYONE IS FOLLOWING, I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR MY CAMERA, SHOULD BE HERE SOON, SO THEY SAY...

On a side note the mothers that I took the possibly trainwreck clones from are REALLY starting to glaze over, these things came from some of the best weed I had, cant get over the fact that it had 2 seeds in it I mean it looked like just picked hydro shit...

Fineas, I believe I have your fishes brother, the little badass ;)

Panfor, thanks for the tip I'm going to go do that now, I think ill take maybe a fourth off the big ones?

Back
Top Bottom