Sativa Mix 600w Indoor UK

did you take any clones from the HS to see if you could get a good run from her? the shorter flowering time for an almost pure sativa is what attracted me to the strain. Mine's doing well in veg, probably around 8" tall with about 5 nodes now. She's almost ready to clone, so I'll be taking the bottom 4 branches as cuttings, and then flowering her a week or so later to learn what she likes and doesn't like, then when the clones are ready I'll do a good solid run of her

JS - I have got some shots along with the week 7 shots i took last night, but i cant find my cable for the camera since i had a "tidy up" last week! Will put some up asap when i make myself get off my arse and look properly! Wouldnt mind your opinion on it, a man of your experience.

Treees - I did take a clone from the HS but i gave it to a mate. Luckily he only lives next door so i will compare the finished product soon. Would like to try the strain again as it really is fast (another week or 2 for mine making her 9/10 weeks) and she smells sublime, but looking at the flower formation and general structure I cant see the HS ever being a high yielder....but its not all about yield now is it!

I recall seeing the greenhouse strain report on HS a while ago and they mentioned it yielded really well, so maybe you just got a bad pheno, or something that happened in its life stunted it, I guess you'll see when your buddy harvests it. I'll be sure to let you know how mine yields when it's done. I'm excited about the 9-10 wk flower time, most of my strains go 9 or 10 weeks so it won't throw the mix off

Thats true Treees....I only had 1 HS seed so not much of an experiment on the strain! Especially when you consider that I have 2 super lemon haze and they are quite different plants.

Still looking for that pesky camera cable!

thats the thing with greenhouse from what I've heard, the phenos are mainly different, but when you're making hybrids, that's bound to happen to an extent. If you get a good pheno from them it will be worth keeping. My SLH from them is great, definitely a keeper, so I'm hoping my HS turns out to be a keeper too.. If it doesn't work out for you, you still have a nice group of sativas in your garden, so there isn't a loss there!

Haha, true Treees....no complaints for me really with what ive come out with this cycle! Harvesting a SLH, the Himalayan Gold and a couple Great White Shark tomorrow..will post some shots for you in the daylight

:high-five:

well, its been an exciting day in specs garden...harvested a Super Lemon Haze, Himalayan Gold and 3 Great White Shark! Was only gonna take 1 GWS but spotted some mould in the main cola when trimming so decided to not risk it and took the others down too (they got real dense main colas so a moulds a risk with this strain).

SLH was the pick of the bunch, HEAVY desinty of trichromes...as frosted a plant ive ever seen. Dense buds on this pheno too, weighed in at 174g wet and shes a small plant. The smell is insane...stinky fruity with pine cones, but more indica than sativa and very very strong. Shes looked deficient since week 5 with yellowing leaves but has also been the fastest on the lot as I couldve cut at 7 weeks if needed. Last rites.....
Super_Lemon_Haze_Harvest_2_.JPG
Super_Lemon_Haze_Harvest_3_.JPG
Super_Lemon_Haze_Harvest_4_.JPG

Got another SLH still going that looks alot more sativa in structure..but still the heavy crystal formation and strong aroma. Taller plant too so will be intersted in the yield variation (if any).

Himalayan Gold was OK, quite heavy frosting but long slim buds, more like branches of small flowers. Milder aroma than the SLH but nice and fruity, also sweet. 154g wet. Last rites....
Himalayan_Gold_Harvest_2_.JPG
Himalayan_Gold_Harvest_3_.JPG
Himalayan_Gold_Harvest_1_.JPG

Spot the crusty leaves...she suffered from a mildish fungal leaf infection I suspect caught off the Hawaiin Snow.

Great White Shark. What can I say...heavy buds,top heavy, good trichrome formation but nothing special (see SLH!). Not what I thought Id get as a White Widow relation but proper indica smelly and quick enough! Took down all 3 of em and they averaged 160g per plant wet. Last rites....
Great_White_Shark_Harvest_3_.JPG
Great_White_Shark_Harvest_4_.JPG
Great_White_Shark_Harvest_1_.JPG

They could have had another week to mature fully but once i spotted the bud rot they had to come down, not worth the damage!

All in all chuffed, and still got the pure sativas going full stream...will post weed shots tomorrow..but trust me it stinks in my house!

:thumb:

looks good man your SLH looks delicious. Mine usually yellows about a month into bloom too no matter what I do, doesn't seem to affect the bud formation though. I'd describe mine as smelling like fruit loops or skittles haha

Decided to take down the Hawaain Snow and the 2nd Super Lemon Haze today! The SLH in particular has finished real quick over the last couple of days.

Hawaain Snow...
Hawaain_Snow_Harvest_3_.JPG
Hawaain_Snow_Harvest_7_.JPG
Hawaain_Snow_Harvest_6_.JPG

As I previously mentioned not a heavy yielding plant but beautiful aroma and really nice frosted nugget. Got 74g (wet) of bud off her.....
Hawaain_Snow_Harvest_1_.JPG
Hawaain_Snow_Harvest_8_.JPG

The 2nd Super Lemon Haze was a beauty, similar in smell from the earlier one (SLH2) and a slightly different structure.......
Super_Lemon_Haze_2_Harvest_5_.JPG
Super_Lemon_Haze_2_Harvest_6_.JPG
Super_Lemon_Haze_2_Harvest_7_.JPG
Super_Lemon_Haze_2_Harvest_8_.JPG

Very nice yield from this girl, reaped in 194g.....
Super_Lemon_Haze_2_Harvest_1_.JPG

Certainly more flowers but these are not as compact as the bud on SLH1. I would say SLH1 was more indica in structure, but both are very very heavily frosted and have a very strong fruity aroma. Very happy with both phenos and I will definitely be growing them again in the next cycle, especially as they are super quick to finish (8 weeks) and have yielded well for their size!

Only got 3 Vanilla Kush, 1 Arjuns Haze #1, 1 Super Silver Haze and 1 Nevilles Haze left in the room....I expect to take down the VK in 2 weeks and the remaining sativas 1-2 weeks later.

:high-five:

wait until you smoke that SLH, it will be one of your favorites I can assure you.

Let me know how the HS smokes. Although she yielded on the low side, maybe with some extra training you could boost those numbers

Thanks Green.

Treees, youre right, a little training or even a scrog wouldve brought on the HS to a better yield....but its my 1st time growing sativa so I just wanted to let em go...see their true form and all that!

Tri...cheers mate.

:thanks:

I do the same thing the first time I grow plants out, see what they like to do naturally, then play around with them. I'm about to put my HS in flower, I kinda broke my rule and I supercropped her since she was getting a bit tall.. She was the same height and # of nodes as my THC bomb that was started at the same time, difference is the THC bomb is mostly indica, so that's interesting. Huge difference in the leaves though, you can tell right away the sativa from the indica. I will be taking the bottom 2 branches as cuttings tonight and then flowering her.. Interested to see what kind of stretch I'm looking at.. She has about 9 nodes right now, supercropped about 4" from the top, and she stands at 10" right now. Probably going to transplant into a 2 or 3 gal pot and flower her by the weekend. I'll let you know how she goes and yields.. as long as I can get these damn bugs to leave my ladies..

Urg, bugs.......something I have managed to avoid so far.

On the HS, you shouldnt need to woory too much about stretch. Mine went real fast eary on but was the 1st sativa to slow down as she cracked into flower production so fast!

very nice that's what I'm hoping for.. I was lucky to not have bugs at all until recently, so thats a good 3 years of growing bug free.. I made the mistake of taking an outside cutting from another plant to keep it over winter and put it in my cloner.. Didn't even think to inspect it for bugs, which was the worst thing I could have done.. I'm getting them though, it's just a constant battle

Back
Top Bottom