Hydro Sog set up

Albiontor

Hi everyone, I am just looking for any tips or advice on a set up I might be doing in the future. I am looking to do a perpetual grow the cloning and veg bit is fine as I have done them be for. In the flower tent I am running a 250w ups and looking to try a hydro set up.

What I have is a plastic tank that is 22" long 13" wide and 6" high , what I intend to do is put 8 x4" net pots in to it to produce a sea of green effect. The pots will be suspended over the water and the tank hold about 20liters with the room need for the air gap.

I have done DWC be for but not Sog, so if you have any experience here please leave some info. Many thanks .

At

20 liters for 8 plants = 2.5 liters per plant. In your previous hydroponics experience, were you growing plants in that small a volume? Even for a dwarf strain, I would prefer at least five times that much water for a healthy reservoir. Think of the entire root system for a mature plant stuffed into a 2.5 liter bottle! Just sayin...

Here's a link to an elegant and successful hydro scrog setup: Top Drip Recirculating A La WaterFarm - 1 Pineapple Express - Scrogged - 400watt

These are the sort of things I was checking for

OK then as long as we're on the subject of healthy reservoirs, please allow me to make a suggestion: my grow guru really likes Hydroguard bacillus root innoculant at every water change to seed the reservoir with beneficial bacteria. We had two weeks of hot weather here, and the reservoir temperature was in the mid 80's F just as my hydro grow was finishing. I was stressing about rot but my roots stayed perfectly healthy. Hydroguard is kind of expensive, but the peace of mind it gives is priceless.

Yeah I heard of some stuff like that last time I was at the hydro shop they were telling me about it as our temps were due to go up to the limits, thankfully that passed for now but got a few quid for it on pay day.
Thankfully in a year of hydro I have never suffered from any res issues so far.
Normaly run a single auto in 15 ltrs . Under a 250whps and manage about 4-5oz.

Thankfully in a year of hydro I have never suffered from any res issues so far.

Great. :) I'm just curious about your reservoir setup since it seems to be working well. You said 1 auto in 15 liters? What are you doing for aeration and circulation? What would you say your average tank temperature is? pH? Thanks!

For airation I have a twin outlet 432lph air pump wich normaly runs about 50% to 80% depending how the plant looks .

Temp varies with the temp as the seasons change but I dont let it go under 15 or above 25. Avg I would say about 18-20
Ph normaly about 5.5 to 6.
Ppm between 200 up to 600 .
And res change when the ph starts to drop rapid normally about 10 to 14 days.
And just use straight neauts no bennies at the min.

I am just looking for any tips or advice on a set up I might be doing in the future. I am looking to do a perpetual grow
In the flower tent I am running a 250w ups and looking to try a hydro set up.

Well, a lot of the hydroponic equipment you have wouldn't get used, but there's always passive hydro in two-liter soda bottles (aka "hempy"), lol.

What size is your grow space? With a 250-watt HPS, a 2'x2' (4 ft.²) grow space works out to 62.5 watts per square foot, which ought to be fine for most strains. You can get 25 two-liter bottles in such a space if you didn't need and of your floor-space for other things. You could add a few each week and, eventually, begin harvesting a few each week. You would probably want little to no vegetative growth (phase) after your cuttings have rooted and you have placed them into their bottles, and you wouldn't want strains that have a huge amount of stretch during the flowering phase.

Thanks. Yes it's about that and 6ft high.
The way you just mentioned do you think doing similar but fill the bottles with hydraton and perferate the bottom of the bottles and place them in a 6 inch deep water tray would work the same .. ?

If u wana do a hydro sog u might consider flood an drain (ebb an flo) depending on what u know it as. This is kinda the way Iam leaning with my tables. Though this is a first for me using the tables.
420-magazine-mobile2054069934.jpg
remember this is my first attempt but I'll get it dialed in for sog next run. But thought u might be interested in this idea

Cheers that looks like a nice little set up. Yeah i have been looking in to it as never used flood and drain . But I under stand why it is more suitable.

Back
Top Bottom