Set up questions

Ripples

I have an area of 9'x12' with 7' ceilings... Was debating the lighting situation... first thought was 4 1000w hps stationary with my 2 8" inlines and filters... I have run a similar set up for years with great success... (separated with tents) looking for suggestions, considering using some track lighting? Could I use 2 1000w rotating the area with the same results as my normal 4? Never used a mobile track set up and not sure how well they work and the results on yields vs. a more common set up! Any suggestions... I have some flexibility with space and set up... Money is not the big issue but i still consider myself a rookie at this... Been growing for about 4 years... Been growing in tents... Chronic is my normal strain. usually 16 plants at a time... Looking to do the same amount in this space... Growing in soilless... FF nutes...

i still consider myself a rookie at this...

Ha! You sound more like the grizzled veteran to me! ;)

I have seen lights on tracks and I like the concept. The reason I'm responding as much as anything is to say that I don't think moving the lights could give you a 2X improvement in efficiency, could it? The immediate value that I saw was more even light distribution, and that's very cool--no ground zero right under the lamp and half as many lumens four feet away. The other thing I saw in a video recently that I had not thought about was that you can get the lights closer to the plants because you're evening out not just the light intensity but also the heat. It sounds pretty cool.

Anyway, good luck with your project. It sounds like an interesting one.

Back
Top Bottom