Hydrogen peroxide

420child

Good day, maybe a silly question but i was wondering......im using a nutrient in a recirculating top feed system called Dutch Nutrient Formula and 2 of the additives i use adds benifical baterias and fungi, you know like most other lines in order to benifit the roots and nute uptake..... My queastion is i also add 1.5 ml per 4 liters as directed using 29% concentrate Hydrogen peroxide to solution, why cause i was told it helps and adds oxygen and kills bateria. Does this peroxide kill or work against the benificial bateriA/FUNGI additives I am adding called, :420: (DNF black & DNF gold) by Dutch Nutrient Formula or any other nutrient for that matter?
Or are they seperate baterias?

Thank you. I did reading up on peroxide and All idicators seemed it was a posstive thing. I just have never used those type of additives, first time so when I mixed my solution I didn't even think about it until it was too late. I guess I'll dump res tank and mix new batch minus peroxide. Thanks again.

I use H2O2 for a cleaning purposes and I will run a feed 2 times a month with just a dose of H2O2 just to do a rinse and to give a oxygen boost and then start up the nutes again after i refill the res with fresh water and in my coco pots i will hand feed a H2O2 mix 2 times a month also but i always add GH Sub M and GH Sub B in my first feeding to renew the beneficial bacterial environment.
:smokin:

Oh cool that sounds like a good idea. I'll take note of that. The reason I even got in this situation is because I was experimenting with a refracometer and noticed reading little low, so I bought these additives in order to raise my sugar levels of my plant. I have
Not found alot with regards to how to raise BRIX levels. I've searched around. It seems by adding carbs or molasses. But not sure about molasses in hydroponic systems, reviews on that seem to be mixed.

The best way to add oxygen to your reservoir is with a air pump and air stone. There are other products out there for sugar or carb add. Floranectar from GH and carbload from advance and many more.
:peace:

Ya cool. I have air stone already. Just trying to do too much, first grow so probably tweaking more than needed. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom